Kamara and Reeves Maybin trolling Butch Jones

Deceptive article.

Yes, they joked about CoL to each other. But, AK had a + relationship w Jones. Kamara was liked as a team leader and also by Jones as shown on the recruiting day cameras. Of course, the writer is deceiving readers by making it appear as if AK, JRM, and Smith were all attacking Jones. Not one of them were. Certainly all of them probably have some issue here or there. Buy, Josh was answering a Q the other day and did nothing to throw Jones under the bus. The two joked @ the phrase, but the writer rolled it all into a players attacking their ex coach story ... for more clicks.

I hate lying journalists.

Deceptive article.

Yes, they joked about CoL to each other. But, AK had a + relationship w Jones. Kamara was liked as a team leader and also by Jones as shown on the recruiting day cameras. Of course, the writer is deceiving readers by making it appear as if AK, JRM, and Smith were all attacking Jones. Not one of them were. Certainly all of them probably have some issue here or there. Buy, Josh was answering a Q the other day and did nothing to throw Jones under the bus. The two joked @ the phrase, but the writer rolled it all into a players attacking their ex coach story ... for more clicks.

Mere clickbait by so-called sportswriter. You think football players don't ever joke to one another about what coaches say & do? :whistling:

Thats hilarious, my only shock is why players haven't come after Fulmer in the same fashion.

Maybe because until 2005, Fulmer had been very successful? And the coach-speak he used was mostly of the southern, homespun variety and not anything unique.

Reactions: 2 people
Deceptive article.

He did make mention during draft time last year that he was under utilized.

Reactions: 1 person
Hoptown and folks like him are a big part of the reason we've lived through the Dark Ages of the past ten years.

If we'd put Fulmer on a one-year "sabbatical" to rediscover his fire and drive, rather than kick him to the curb as we did, there would've been a heck of a lot more winning on Rocky Top this past decade.

I suspect there's some level of regret and/or guilt--admitted or not--among those who treated Fulmer so poorly after what he did for the university and Volunteer nation. Some acknowledge that, and get on with their lives. Others double down on the hate. Hoptown is one of the latter.

Fake news is fueled by the competition within social media outlets to get clicks and will bait folks with catchy headlines.

I wish most of this social media stuff never happened.

Reactions: 5 people
Hoptown and folks like him are a big part of the reason we've lived through the Dark Ages of the past ten years.

If we'd put Fulmer on a one-year "sabbatical" to rediscover his fire and drive, rather than kick him to the curb as we did, there would've been a heck of a lot more winning on Rocky Top this past decade.

I suspect there's some level of regret and/or guilt--admitted or not--among those who treated Fulmer so poorly after what he did for the university and Volunteer nation. Some acknowledge that, and get on with their lives. Others double down on the hate. Hoptown is one of the latter.

Or not panicked when Kiffin left, let Kippy be interim and take the year to find a proper replacement.

Reactions: 4 people

This is the BS I don't understand. Fulmer was paid far more money by the University of Tennessee than anywhere else he might have been a coach.

In other words, the idea he was treated poorly is pure hogwash.

This has nothing to do with hate. It's called reality

Reactions: 1 person
This is the BS I don't understand. Fulmer was paid far more money by the University of Tennessee than anywhere else he might have been a coach.

In other words, the idea he was treated poorly is pure hogwash.

This has nothing to do with hate. It's called reality

This is one of the most asinine arguments on this board. Just because a school pays you doesn't mean you weren't treated poorly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people
Thats hilarious, my only shock is why players haven't come after Fulmer in the same fashion.

It's not a shock really.
Phil and Jones were 2 very different coaches and people.

Had Jones actually been a decent coach and not just a salesman the perception would be different.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back