'19 TN DT Elijah Simmons (Tennessee signee)

I think Ron Slay went to Pearl before transfering to Oak Hill. He was a dog on the hardwood.

I think Ron Slay went to Pearl before transfering to Oak Hill. He was a dog on the hardwood.

Yes he did and he played football along with basketball until he got hurt and said this is just for fun, i am a basketball player LOL state championship Wr

Reactions: 1 person
Pearl is loaded with young talent again especially 2021. I watched them blow out a undefeated Cane Ridge team in the Freshman championship. Just a few name to watch out for of course William Griffin OT who has a offer already Lucian Brunetti CB, Ivan Dayton, Jr. RB
and Kyndrich M. Breedlove ATH. The next few years for them should be great, like the run they had in the late 90's.

I'm a huge Tennessee High School football fan. Whitehaven I predict will be the number 1 football program in the state they are loaded.

Reactions: 3 people
Pearl is loaded with young talent again especially 2021. I watched them blow out a undefeated Cane Ridge team in the Freshman championship. Just a few name to watch out for of course William Griffin OT who has a offer already Lucian Brunetti CB, Ivan Dayton, Jr. RB
and Kyndrich M. Breedlove ATH. The next few years for them should be great, like the run they had in the late 90's.

I'm a huge Tennessee High School football fan. Whitehaven I predict will be the number 1 football program in the state they are loaded.

PC is always loaded with talent, but many times coaching kills them. Both Williams and Griffith are both in NPA.

PC is always loaded with talent, but many times coaching kills them. Both Williams and Griffith are both in NPA.

Yeah, I've seen Simmons out at NPA several times. You cant miss this kid, the kid is massive! Also he's one of the best track athlete in the State at Shot Put and Discus. VERY STRONG!

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah, I've seen Simmons out at NPA several times. You cant miss this kid, the kid is massive! Also he's one of the best track athlete in the State at Shot Put and Discus. VERY STRONG!

Yes he just won state and he is a very humble kid, excellent football player and athlete with vocals. We laugh at times and call him Big Luther (Luther Vandross) per his OC because of his singing. He was on a video in which they made a song i think it was dedicated to the victims of a school ahooting.

Last edited:
Yes he just won state and he is a very humble kid, excellent football player and athlete with vocals. We laugh at times and call him Big Luther (Luther Vandross) per his OC because of his singing. He was on a video in which they made a song i think it was dedicated to the victims of a school ahooting.

Man, I saw that video!! :whistling: lol

“It's exciting," Simmons said of the offer. “I did good. I was dominating. After the camp, they told my high school coach I had an offer.” Simmons, who described himself as a “good run-stuffing nose guard,” also holds offers from Missouri, Memphis, Chattanooga, UT Martin and a few others. The massive 6-foot-3, 343-pound Nashville native “hopes” his recent pair of SEC offers will get other schools to take notice of his talents after recording 49 tackles during his junior season.

“I grew up a big LSU fan,” he said. “Coach (Ed) Oregron saw me at the Tulane camp and told me he liked me a lot and wants to get me down to camp. I haven’t been able to make it there yet.”

This spring, Simmons has also camped at Tennessee and South Carolina while juggling his time also throwing the shot put for the Pearl Cohn track and field team. Despite weighing nearly 350 pounds, Simmons is surprisingly light on his feet while still maintaining a powerful punch, leading several schools to also look at him as an offensive lineman. During Tennessee’s camp, he worked at both nose tackle and left guard and told the staff, “I’ll play wherever you want me to play.”

Since picking up the Tennessee offer last week, Simmons has been in steady contact with cornerbacks coach and area recruiter Terry Fair. He plans on talking to Tracy Rocker and Jeremy Pruitt, who told him at the camp he thought Simmons fit in perfectly for Tennessee’s 3-4 defense as a space-eating nose guard.

With his recruitment just starting to pick up, Simmons isn't in any rush to make a decision. His goal the rest of the summer is to "camp more places so I can keep dominating.”

-VQ

Reactions: 5 people
“i mean, i really wanted (the offer) and i knew i could get it, so i just had to show them that i deserve it,” said simmons. “that’s huge. That’s my second sec (offer). I want more, but right now i guess i can say i’m satisfied because i worked for it. I worked hard for it, and hopefully i can get more. “as of right now, they’re in my top three.”

“i talked to them a little bit during the camp,” simmons said. “they said they liked me at nose guard. I did offense and defense, so i guess whichever position they’ll want me to play, i’ll play. But they said they like me at both, and i fit that nose-guard position.” simmons said tennessee cornerbacks coach terry fair now “keeps in touch with me,” talking with him “every day, just about,” and fair is “a pretty cool guy.” he likes what he has seen and heard from the vols so far, and he said he plans to “highly consider” tennessee.

“i mean, overall, it’s a good atmosphere, playing down there,” said simmons, who works with the nashville-based national playmakers academy. "and they show a lot of love. … overall, it’s just the connection and the way they treat their players. I’ve seen multiple players that have come from npa. "i work with npa, and a few of them went to tennessee, and i’ve gotten good feedback from them. So i really want to make sure i get down there so i can really see it for myself.”

simmons, a memphis, tenn., native who moved to nashville when he was younger, said he “really liked lsu” growing up, although missouri and tennessee currently are the only sec schools pursuing him. He said he also attended recent camps at south carolina and vanderbilt. He said he already has visited memphis multiple times, and he wants “to make sure i get to missouri so i can go on a visit, because i haven’t been down there at all.” he said he also wants “to go back to memphis on an official visit.”

but he hasn’t ruled out announcing his college decision on his birthday, july 26. “hopefully i’ll have my top three by the end of this month,” simmons said. “and on my birthday, more than likely, i’ll try to commit.”

Reactions: 2 people
Coach O needs a translator

farmer-fran-o.gif

Orgeron, LSU, good God.

What ppl hv to understand is Bey Bey Orgeron has a nice resume that shows guys he coached and who made it to the NFL and who were pro bowlers under him in the NFL. Orgeron is consider if not the best, one of the best DL coaches out there.

What ppl hv to understand is Bey Bey Orgeron has a nice resume that shows guys he coached and who made it to the NFL and who were pro bowlers under him in the NFL. Orgeron is consider if not the best, one of the best DL coaches out there.

I agree with this but he’s a terrible HC.

Reactions: 4 people

Except he is their HC, not DL coach. What does his HC resume look like?

VN Store

Back