OldTimer's CWS Pick'em - Worth 5 Points for 2019 Pick'em

Now that we are down to the final 8, I like the way Arkansas is playing.

There is a storyline for almost everyone.

5 teams have never won it. Mississippi State and their situation is an interesting story. North Carolina getting over the hump. Washington’s never been. Florida’s bid to repeat. Texas following the death of Augie. Arkansas trying to join Florida and a few others (a year after Florida) as schools who have won a football, basketball and baseball national title.

Now that we are down to the final 8, I like the way Arkansas is playing.

There is a storyline for almost everyone.

5 teams have never won it. Mississippi State and their situation is an interesting story. North Carolina getting over the hump. Washington’s never been. Florida’s bid to repeat. Texas following the death of Augie. Arkansas trying to join Florida and a few others (a year after Florida) as schools who have won a football, basketball and baseball national title.

I picked Arkansas mainly because of their offense but now that it's here I don't like it

I picked against florida getting to the cws because I don't like their hitters. They didn't hit like I expected but now that the cws the ballpark neutralizes offenses

Florida has to be the favorite or Arkansas because of that imo

With that said I think Oregon state wins it now

I picked Arkansas mainly because of their offense but now that it's here I don't like it

I picked against florida getting to the cws because I don't like their hitters. They didn't hit like I expected but now that the cws the ballpark neutralizes offenses

Florida is getting Schwarz back and Dyson back, so that will help.

I believe every year that all 8 can win and I believe it this year. Saying that, I would be genuinely surprised if Washington won it. Mississippi State would be a surprise I guess as well. You could knock me over with a feather if you told me any of the others take it home

Truth be told, I don’t know much about anyone outside the SEC.

Last edited:

Oregon St is playing some damn good baseball this tournament

Florida is getting Schwarz back and Dyson back, so that will help.

I believe every year that all 8 can win and I believe it this year. Saying that, I would be genuinely surprised if Washington won it. State would be a surprise I guess as well. You could knock me over with a feather if you told me any of the others take it home

Truth be told, I don’t know much about anyone outside the SEC.

I think Oregon state is the best team. Offensively they just have more ways to score than anyone not named Arkansas. Pitching wise I think they will be fine in that park. I just am not sold on the florida hitters especially in a park where a guy like Dalton can't slug it

I think Oregon state is the best team. Offensively they just have more ways to score than anyone not named Arkansas. Pitching wise I think they will be fine in that park. I just am not sold on the florida hitters especially in a park where a guy like Dalton can't slug it

For Florida, the difference between this year and last year is that they are not as good defensively and you don’t know exactly what you’ll get from the pitching outside of Singer and Byrne.

Kowar might give you the game like he did game 2 vs. Auburn or be yanked early, you don’t know. The 3rd starter has been iffy because of Dyson being out.

What I love about them is that they have a “game over” closer. So, it always feels like a 7 inning game with them. If they have the lead after 7, forget it

Last edited:
I picked Arkansas

and What is the 5 pts for?

the 5 points go towards the 2019 Pick'em.

yes you picked Arkansas which is worth 8 points, so did I.

If Arky wins I beat you by 2 points so I'd pick up the 5 "bonus" points. Mathematically you are out so I didn't include you in the running for the 5 points.

3 guys have 8 points so far and picked Florida, so if FL wins they will split the 5 points receiving 1.6 points each.

If neither FL or Arky wins, I get the 5 points by correctly picking 5 correct teams which was worth 10 points.

the 5 points go towards the 2019 Pick'em.

yes you picked Arkansas which is worth 8 points, so did I.

If Arky wins I beat you by 2 points so I'd pick up the 5 "bonus" points. Mathematically you are out so I didn't include you in the running for the 5 points.

3 guys have 8 points so far and picked Florida, so if FL wins they will split the 5 points receiving 1.6 points each.

If neither FL or Arky wins, I get the 5 points by correctly picking 5 correct teams which was worth 10 points.

Huh?

You said the winner gets 8 pts for picking the champion. I see nothing in your OP explaining the 5 pts.

Is it separate? I don't follow

the CWS Series Pick'em is a separate game, winner revives 5 points towards 2019 Pick'em as described in the Thread Title.

to determine the winner of the CWS Pick'em, the points will be totaled by the following,

Simply pick the 8 CWS participants, worth 2 points for each correct team

Simply pick the CWS Champion, worth 8 points for a correct pick

I thought it was understood but the total points accumulated by picking the 8 teams for 2 points each and winner for 8 points would win the CWS Pick'em which is worth the 5 points.

the CWS Series Pick'em is a separate game, winner revives 5 points towards 2019 Pick'em as described in the Thread Title.

to determine the winner of the CWS Pick'em, the points will be totaled by the following,

Simply pick the 8 CWS participants, worth 2 points for each correct team

Simply pick the CWS Champion, worth 8 points for a correct pick

I thought it was understood but the total points accumulated by picking the 8 teams for 2 points each and winner for 8 points would win the CWS Pick'em which is worth the 5 points.

Ok I now see it in the title of the thread. Confusing as I was looking in the op

Congrats to Oldtimer for correctly picking 5 of the 8 CWS teams. Not only does he win 5 points towards the 2019 Pick'em, he also wins a Sig Sauer P320 X5 Competition Ready Pistol. Happy Shooting......:D

Probably won't have a O/W Series Pick'em, not sure if we will know any of the guys by fall practice........TBD

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back