New baseball commit: Chase Silseth

Walters state about to be in the drivers seat at the juco WS. Up 12-0 against San Jac which would put them into the winners bracket final of a 10 team bracket. That is if I understand the dang bracket

Walters state about to be in the drivers seat at the juco WS. Up 12-0 against San Jac which would put them into the winners bracket final of a 10 team bracket. That is if I understand the dang bracket

CTV needs to turn Walters State into the Vols B-Team. Bury the hatchet and send the 6-7 guys who don’t make the cut in the fall to Walters for development and then pick them up on a year or two if they pan out.

CTV needs to turn Walters State into the Vols B-Team. Bury the hatchet and send the 6-7 guys who don’t make the cut in the fall to Walters for development and then pick them up on a year or two if they pan out.

I like it!

Yes he does.
Don't think that's ever going to happen though.

Yes he does.

Well when I look at Arkansas' roster I kind of agree, 3 juco players...I don't think it's his thing, and I also don't think he has as bad of a relationship with WST. as you may think.

Yes he does.

It would be a win win for both programs. Walters would know they are getting a handful of quality guys every year and guys coming in know they have a fall back.

I haven’t kept up but back in my day Roane State was a great JC program, are they still relevant?

Well when I look at Arkansas' roster I kind of agree, 3 juco players...I don't think it's his thing, and I also don't think he has as bad of a relationship with WST. as you may think.

I guess if you recruit the right Freshmen you don’t need Juco players that much....hopefully CTV knows high school potential talent when he sees it.

Josh Elander can recruit too! He will be gone in a few years taking a head coaching job IMO.

Seen this mentioned a couple times but What happened with CTV and Walters State?

Just what I know which isn’t necessarily accurate, CTV wouldn’t release a committed player who plays at WS and originally committed to UT. WS Head Coach may or may not have steered him to go elsewhere....not sure of all the facts

Bruin knows more of the details....

Last edited:

I can promise you that the relationship is bad.

Walters ended up winning last night 17-0. At this point not winning the natty would be disappointing.

OT,

Rosen State is one of the bottom programs in the state.

Thanks for all the roster scholarship info. I didn’t know that much detail about our current roster. What many don’t know, is that recruiting smart players REALLY pays off. Getting an in-state stud who gets a full academic scholarship means you don’t have to dip into your 11.7, at all. So the academics of those 20 kids in the next couple of classes are really important. And a walk-on may be one of our top players.... who doesn’t need an athletic scholly

VN Store

Back