Seymour's Elijah Galyon

StarRaider

Travelin' Light
Scott Galyon's son is a freshman at Seymour, lead-off batter & starting shortstop.... on a team that just beat the defending & loaded AAA state champs in the state tourney last night. Any one seen him play? Hopefully he is on the BaseVols radar.

Scott Galyon's son is a freshman at Seymour, lead-off batter & starting shortstop.... on a team that just beat the defending & loaded AAA state champs in the state tourney last night. Any one seen him play? Hopefully he is on the BaseVols radar.

I happened to catch this game Saturday I think it was and honestly left very unimpressed with both teams. Farragut showed very little - so I am not sure where the loaded roster comment comes from. I also can't believe they are defending state champs. Played flat, poor base running, poor coaching, poor hitting, poor pitching - poor effort. I think the Seymour team seemed to show a little more effort but I could easily make a case for them both not being very good. We will see what happens at state but my guess is not a whole lot. I do want to say congrats to Seymour - I am sure that was a big win for those guys.

Brentwood is the defending champs, that is who Seymour beat yesterday in their first game. Today Seymour beat the defending 2017 runner-up team (Stewarts Creek) so Seymour is in the finals of their "upper" bracket. I had heard that Farragut was not expected to do much this year but do not know much about them. Brentwood is supposed to be one of the tourney favs and Stewarts Creek has been red hot in post season.

AAA baseball in Tenn is very much down and has been for a few years.

Loretta is by far the best team in the state. It's like grown men taking candy from babies in A.

Brentwood is the defending champs, that is who Seymour beat yesterday in their first game. Today Seymour beat the defending 2017 runner-up team (Stewarts Creek) so Seymour is in the finals of their "upper" bracket. I had heard that Farragut was not expected to do much this year but do not know much about them. Brentwood is supposed to be one of the tourney favs and Stewarts Creek has been red hot in post season.

Farragut had one kid of D1 size, and he struggled with the Seymour pitcher's slerve. Seymour's pitcher seemed to sling it, he was loose but not throwing very hard either. Farragut had one preppy player with a decent swing but always was focusing on his routine each pitch. The rest of Farragut's team were pretty tiny. I can remember when Farragut's team was loaded with D1 talent. They had teams with 12 - 15 guys that went on to play in college, with a high percentage going D1. Not so much what I saw.

Honestly Farragut's pitching was a huge disappointment - guys throwing low 80's, no movement, a ton of walks. Their pitching staff was as weak as their hitting and that was weak.

The first 4 hitters or so for Seymour were tough outs so if Galyon was among those he had some good turns at the plate.

Who among us would bunt the cleanup hitter with no one out and the tying run in scoring position at second? Makes you go hummm.

Farragut had one kid of D1 size, and he struggled with the Seymour pitcher's slerve. Seymour's pitcher seemed to sling it, he was loose but not throwing very hard either. Farragut had one preppy player with a decent swing but always was focusing on his routine each pitch. The rest of Farragut's team were pretty tiny. I can remember when Farragut's team was loaded with D1 talent. They had teams with 12 - 15 guys that went on to play in college, with a high percentage going D1. Not so much what I saw.

Honestly Farragut's pitching was a huge disappointment - guys throwing low 80's, no movement, a ton of walks. Their pitching staff was as weak as their hitting and that was weak.

The first 4 hitters or so for Seymour were tough outs so if Galyon was among those he had some good turns at the plate.

Who among us would bunt the cleanup hitter with no one out and the tying run in scoring position at second? Makes you go hummm.

Farragut has a pitcher committed to Kentucky and just had Mr baseball named for the state

They didn't do well?

AAA baseball in Tenn is very much down and has been for a few years.

Loretta is by far the best team in the state. It's like grown men taking candy from babies in A.

Columbia Academy/Loretto is the game I look forward to most in the whole thing.

Farragut has a pitcher committed to Kentucky and just had Mr baseball named for the state

They didn't do well?

The guys that pitched against Seymour didn't appear headed to KY. What position did Mr. Baseball play ? right field ?

They didn't do well?

Mr. Baseball I believe played second that game - he was the one I referenced that checked his hand formation before each at bat. He does have a nice swing as mentioned - he also doesn't have a baseball home - committed to MTSU and then their coach was fired. He also cost Farragut a run in a 2-1 game by over sliding into the short stop at second when the runner at first had already crossed the bag.

I guess they pitched the kid going to Kentucky the game prior to Seymour. That was the only game i watched and they didn't play very well imho.

Won't be a contest imo. Only way CA can win is 1-0

It was 5-4 last time they played. You’re right though. If Weathers is on it is likely over. CA has a lefty that is a really good high school pitcher. Mid to upper 80s with a slider/Change combination he was comfortable throwing in any count.

*They played twice. Loretto won 5-1 the other game with Weathers on the mound.

Last edited:
It was 5-4 last time they played. You’re right though. If Weathers is on it is likely over. CA has a lefty that is a really good high school pitcher. Mid to upper 80s with a slider/Change combination he was comfortable throwing in any count.

*They played twice. Loretto won 5-1 the other game with Weathers on the mound.

Who is the lefty from CA?

He committed to a school?

Who is the lefty from CA?

He committed to a school?

Alex Huey. He is committed to Freed Hardeman. He is mid-80’s for the most part but he has just had a good feel for the game the 3-4 times I have seen him. It would be even more entertaining if Kavares Tears was eligible.

Alex Huey. He is committed to Freed Hardeman. He is mid-80’s for the most part but he has just had a good feel for the game the 3-4 times I have seen him. It would be even more entertaining if Kavares Tears was eligible.

Must be a senior

Must be a senior

He is. I didn’t realize Weathers had only thrown 2 innings the last two days. He is going to be fully rested. Huey threw 6 2/3 no hit innings on day 1. Idk if he is within pitch count eligibility for Friday.

He is. I didn’t realize Weathers had only thrown 2 innings the last two days. He is going to be fully rested. Huey threw 6 2/3 no hit innings on day 1. Idk if he is within pitch count eligibility for Friday.

Most likely he isn't eligible to pitch. Isn't it 75 pitches?

And I heard the Braves GM was there to see weathers. I don't know where they pick but he might be the choice

Loretto got beat this afternoon. They have to play Trinity Christian in a win or go home. Winner goes to the championship

VN Store

Back