Super Hot Peppers

Dang! I wish I had room for that much, lol. I would have to take over the "regular" garden as my wife calls it.

If they all come up I'll be giving several away. I'll probably keep around 50 plants total. That's also all I'm growing this year. I started making hot sauces last year from these peppers, they were a huge hit so I need alot more peppers this year.

Reactions: 1 person
If they all come up I'll be giving several away. I'll probably keep around 50 plants total. That's also all I'm growing this year. I started making hot sauces last year from these peppers, they were a huge hit so I need alot more peppers this year.

Same here. I started with 2 tabasco plants and a poblano 3 years ago and have been adding more pepper plants each year because I can't make enough sauce to supply everyone lol.

Saw that earlier today, I thought, well duh.

I'll be planting my peppers Saturday.

Dogs...

It seems my dog had some night-time excitement last night. She completely destroyed all of my pepper starters. Also our tomatoes, bell peppers, and and okra starters. For some reason, she didn't touch the squash and zucchini. So p*ssed lol.

Dogs...

It seems my dog had some night-time excitement last night. She completely destroyed all of my pepper starters. Also our tomatoes, bell peppers, and and okra starters. For some reason, she didn't touch the squash and zucchini. So p*ssed lol.

Man, that sucks!!!

My plants are on hold for the moment. I've been given a verbal job offer in Charlotte (long way from Cali!) so we are anticipating a move. Like they say, there's no offer until its in writing so I'm kinda in limbo. I talked to them on Friday and everything seems on track...damn the recruiting process really sucks. You couldn't get away with this stuff anywhere else.

If I do move I'll be giving about a dozen plants to my step daughter (as well as a few that made it over the winter).

On a side note, I fermented my cayenne peppers from last summer (about 50) and pulled them a few days ago and made a Louisiana style hot sauce. Nice garlic flavor, medium heat...but a tad salty. Pretty happy with it TBH.

Attachments

• IMG_20180410_194052.jpg
    IMG_20180410_194052.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 1
  • MVIMG_20180409_190633_2.jpg
    MVIMG_20180409_190633_2.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 5 people
Man, that sucks!!!

My plants are on hold for the moment. I've been given a verbal job offer in Charlotte (long way from Cali!) so we are anticipating a move. Like they say, there's no offer until its in writing so I'm kinda in limbo. I talked to them on Friday and everything seems on track...damn the recruiting process really sucks. You couldn't get away with this stuff anywhere else.

If I do move I'll be giving about a dozen plants to my step daughter (as well as a few that made it over the winter).

Yeah Cali and think how much closer you will be to Neyland.

Man, that sucks!!!

on your way from Cali, to Charlotte, can you swing by Rogers, Ar and drop off any of the sauces you don't want :)

good luck, hope you get the offer soon

on your way from Cali, to Charlotte, can you swing by Rogers, Ar and drop off any of the sauces you don't want :)

good luck, hope you get the offer soon

Hahahaha. You bet. They called again today. Wrapping things up... could be tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Hahahaha. You bet. They called again today. Wrapping things up... could be tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Congrats Cali! I'm in Charlotte (well, suburbs). Hit me up if you need anything or any information.

I found some mash in my fridge that I had put in there in November. Cayenne and hab. Made some sauce out of them and just like you, man they were salty. I had to add a bit of sugar to balance it out. Wasn't crazy about them, so i made a mix of cayenne, hab and tabasco. It's actually pretty good. Better than I thought it would be.

I have re-started my peppers. Same amounts of each. The dog will not be around them.

Congrats Cali! I'm in Charlotte (well, suburbs). Hit me up if you need anything or any information.

I found some mash in my fridge that I had put in there in November. Cayenne and hab. Made some sauce out of them and just like you, man they were salty. I had to add a bit of sugar to balance it out. Wasn't crazy about them, so i made a mix of cayenne, hab and tabasco. It's actually pretty good. Better than I thought it would be.

I have re-started my peppers. Same amounts of each. The dog will not be around them.

Well, I received and accepted the written offer. I start May 14th and move out in July. I'll be sure to hit you up for the inside scoop.

VN Store

Back