College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

He’s semi relevant. His relevance is tied to Memphis relevance.

Not anymore. He gained notoriety by uncovering the Albert Means scandal, but he parlayed it into a national gig. The relevancy of Memphis has no bearing on his job. He writes national columns, has a volume of sources with coaches, writes their NBA mock draft, and their top 25. He is now basically the Jeff Goodman or Pat Forde of CBS. He travels to NYC every week during basketball for CBS.

Not anymore. He gained notoriety by uncovering the Albert Means scandal, but he parlayed it into a national gig. The relevancy of Memphis has no bearing on his job. He writes national columns, has a volume of sources with coaches, writes their NBA mock draft, and their top 25. He is now basically the Jeff Goodman or Pat Forde of CBS. He travels to NYC every week during basketball for CBS.

I understand you live in Memphis. He’s about as National as Mike Griffith bra.

Reactions: 1 person
I understand you live in Memphis. He’s about as National as Mike Griffith bra.

That's ridiculous and totally not true. I don't even believe a lot of the things he says. But that's just not true. You just don't follow the outlets that he works for.

Well, it all may be a moot point, if Memphis wins the next 2 games and their Tourney, there is no way Tubby gets the axe

Bama/UK should be an entertaining game. I think it would be best for UT for UK to win and for us to beat them again, but I certainly wouldn’t have a problem w playing a team in its 4th game in 4 days.

Holy crap I never thought I would cheer for Memphis but I definitely am...1-Them beating Cincy would open the door for Tennessee to get a 2 seed. 2-Memphis fans are already counting Penny as their next head coach, if Tubby continues this run how do you fire the guy? And watching their fans freak out because they don’t get Penny would be epic.

Reactions: 1 person
Woo! UMBC retrievers going to the NCAAs in my senior year. Haven’t beaten Vermont in 23 tries, and they beat us by 25 at our place earlier. Beat them in a true road game today with a game winning three.

Reactions: 2 people
This is the Alabama team that looked liked world beaters against our team. Wow.

They appear to be missing Hall though.

If tubby stays he is going to win Much the same way Barnes is winning here. The right way

People criticize Barnes for his recruiting. Well, Barnes has recruited much better than Tubby.

Tubby brought in a bunch of Jucos. Up until last week, his lone recruit for 2018 was a top 300 project. They got a commitment last week from a guy who may be top 150. Picked Memphis over Wofford.

People criticize Barnes for his recruiting. Well, Barnes has recruited much better than Tubby.

Tubby brought in a bunch of Jucos. Up until last week, his lone recruit for 2018 was a top 300 project. They got a commitment last week from a guy who may be top 150. Picked Memphis over Wofford.

He wanted darrington badly

VN Store

Back