College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

Huh? They aren't showing up and therefore the school isn't making money.

Seriously look at their wins. For a guy who loves metrics, you have to do the research. People don't care to watch you barely beat Northern Kentucky, Mercer, and Samford.

Right and so they’re compelled to Christmas. Through coaches until they find a good one and in the process may end up going deeper into the dumpster.

But given your current coach has had previous success, and is at 21 wins in his second year, it seems a little risky to fire him now.

As Gary Parrish has asked, has there ever been a school that was 150+ on KenPom, return almost the exact roster (they only lose 1 player if no one transfers) and make the NCAAT the next year?

Right and so they’re compelled to Christmas. Through coaches until they find a good one and in the process may end up going deeper into the dumpster.

But given your current coach has had previous success, and is at 21 wins in his second year, it seems a little risky to fire him now.

No, they literally lose nothing. They will be paying the new coach and buyout at the same number as the current coach while revenue will increase. It is purely economical, and he will bring talent that will win the type of games that Tubby is winning.

No, they literally lose nothing. They will be paying the new coach and buyout at the same number as the current coach while revenue will increase. It is purely economical, and he will bring talent that will win the type of games that Tubby is winning.

They could be losing a coach who wins 20 games for a coach who has won nothing and wins nothing. They get a half season of good attendance and then right back to where and maybe worse

They could be losing a coach who wins 20 games for a coach who has won nothing and wins nothing. They get a half season of good attendance and then right back to where and maybe worse

For a numbers guy, I can't believe you don't get it. The 20 wins mean nothing when you don't play in the post season. It's just a number.

Penny can coach the team to wins over their OOC schedule with the talent he would bring in. They literally can't do worse than the 3k-4k they were drawing in attendance. Literally can't do worse. Lets just leave it at that.

Speaking of Gary Parrish, one of the benefits of Memphis irrelevancy is that we hear less from that douche bag

Golf - what you’re missing is...

1) his 20 wins don’t mean jack Sh!t
2) he’s gonna get fired
3) fans don’t wanna kick the can down the road
4) not making the tourney is not making the tourney - 20 wins vs crap isn’t any any better than 10 wins against crap

For a numbers guy, I can't believe you don't get it. The 20 wins mean nothing when you don't play in the post season. It's just a number.

Penny can coach the team to wins over their OOC schedule with the talent he would bring in. They literally can't do worse than the 3k-4k they were drawing in attendance. Literally can't do worse. Lets just leave it at that.

Ok well I really have wasted more time than I should talking about Memphis basketball. We will see.

Speaking of Gary Parrish, one of the benefits of Memphis irrelevancy is that we hear less from that douche bag

I hear him on the radio almost every day. He's a national columnist so the relevancy of Memphis has no bearing on his job. He's arrogant, but he has been right about the Memphis situation.

I hear him on the radio almost every day. He's a national columnist so the relevancy of Memphis has no bearing on his job. He's arrogant, but he has been right about the Memphis situation.

I certainly hear less from him now, maybe it has nothing to do with Memphis, but whatever the reason I’m glad for it.

Reactions: 1 person
Grizzlies and tigers aren’t nationally relevant so he’s not nationally relevant. He’s as National as Memphis is.

Not at all. He knows most coaches around the country. You just don't care to read his stuff. I really don't either, but hes national. He does the CBS Sports Network studio halftime shows like the analysts on the SECN.

Not at all. He knows most coaches around the country. You just don't care to read his stuff. I really don't either, but hes national. He does the CBS Sports Network studio halftime shows like the analysts on the SECN.

Regional / semi nationally relevant.

VN Store

Back