Rothstein: Tennessee is a darkhorse Final Four team

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Personally, I kinda like being an under-the-radar team, but can't ignore that positive press when it comes our way.

1. Tennessee is a dark horse Final Four team

Was this team really picked 13th in the SEC Preseason Poll?

The Vols won’t possess the glitz or glamour of some of the other teams that will be among the top 12-16 seeds in the 2018 NCAA Tournament, but they do possess something very important — chemistry.

Rick Barnes’ squad plays in absolute harmony nearly each time it takes the floor and that was evidenced in Tuesday night’s 22-point win at Mississippi State. The Bulldogs desperately needed a victory to stay on the right side of the bubble, but were instead punched directly in the mouth by a team that can beat anyone on a given night.

Tennessee has swept Kentucky this season and also won a neutral site game over Purdue at the Battle 4 Atlantis.

The Vols have assisted on 34 of their last 52 made field goals.
Rothstein Files | Tennessee’s a dark horse Final Four team – FanRag Sports

Reactions: 5 people
I believe Rothstein was one of the pundits who picked the Vols to finish at the bottom of the SEC, so what's missing from his article is a mea culpa.

Reactions: 2 people
I believe Rothstein was one of the pundits who picked the Vols to finish at the bottom of the SEC, so what's missing from his article is a mea culpa.

I thought he said he did not have sex with that woman?...wait...sorry wrong mea culpa :)

Reactions: 1 person
This team can beat anybody when they play like they did in the 2nd half last night. 13th in the SEC my elbow! What you bet next year we’re picked to win the conference especially if we make a deep run this year.

BEAT THE UGA UNDERACHIEVERS!!!

The things I like about this team that sets them apart from many is the fact that so many different players can be the top scorer any given night and the consistent effort they play on defense. And the unselfishness. That can win you a lot of games in a row against good competition.

Reactions: 4 people

This x 1000. These guys make predictions and never are held accountable. They just recalculate and make new worthless ones.

The things I like about this team that sets them apart from many is the fact that so many different players can be the top scorer any given night and the consistent effort they play on defense. And the unselfishness. That can win you a lot of games in a row against good competition.

Exactly this. It’s why this team is so good. A team specifically can’t game plan for just one player, they have to game plan for the entire team. Try to double Grant and shut him down, another player just steps up and drops 20+.

Reactions: 2 people
2nd half last night they beat anyone in the country.

Really think it was a complete game. 1st Half their adjustments during the Half allow them to adjust to the environment. First Half was the key and getting settled and making the ADJUSTMENTS/Fine Tune for the 2nd half.

Held MSU to 20 pts in 2nd half was a show of force.

VN Store

Back