Yahoo Sports Exclusive regarding FBI Case in College Basketball

I may have missed the discussion, so SIAP, but should we be worried that Texas is named in the Dawkins investigation?

Emmert's recent interview really showed how lame the NCAA was as a governing body. Which by the way, they are an administrative and legislative body but no so much a governing staff. IMO they can identify problems, violation, and establish rules but it appears Institutions cannot be forced to abide by them....

Hence, the reason they turned it over to the FBI because it was way out of their realm to legitimately enforce such actions. Emmert and staff are just as guilty because he spoke of the antiquated rules of years and how NCAA has not done anything to clarify or to legibility enforce the rules. Yes there is a difference in a Happy Meal at McDonalds and a 100k payoff.

It is quite obvious they do not have the means to conduct thorough investigations, but the cow has gotten fatter and the Administrative and legislative body supporting, not governing the Institutions for which was supposed to do, has turned a blind eye.

A Commissioner vs A President might help matters here. Bringing in the FBI was the right call, but who made the call to do so? I don't think it was the NCAA. The NCAA might be just as corrupt as some agencies in our Government.

Reactions: Big time vol
At this point, there's no reason to follow NCAA rules. Arizona pretty much confirmed that by playing Ayton last night. We know the "blue bloods" are just the programs that have been allowed to cheat the longest. Has there ever been a non-corrupt UK coach? North Carolina got away with death penalty level stuff. UCLA did for years too. I wish Pearl/UT had actually stood up to the NCAA. Nothing would have came of it and we'd probably have a final 4 or two under our belts.

Yeah, it looks like the formula for beating the rap is to just act like they are crazy for even acting like you did something wrong. Worked for Carolina.

Reactions: Big time vol
I may have missed the discussion, so SIAP, but should we be worried that Texas is named in the Dawkins investigation?

Local media who talked with Texas media say Barnes was fired for refusing to play the AAU/shoe rep game at a time when they lost several high profile in-state recruits. Over his last 3 years there something like 10 of the top 12 in-state prospects went to Kentucky (3) Duke (2) SMU (2) and other schools.

Reactions: 1 person
Pretty vehemently denied it. Talked about being asked to pay a player and he refused and that player didn't come to Arizona. Said the comments were defamatory.

They’ve already cleared the zona kid. This whole thing is gonna be a big nothing.

Bruce better lube up though. Low hanging fruit.

I'm at the point that even that I'll believe when I see it. I think this is going to end up being a big pile of nothing.

I hope Bruce stays. League is better with him in it. Makes for another big game every year.

Vandy Kentucky Florida Missouri Auburn all big games for Tennessee yearly.

Pretty vehemently denied it. Talked about being asked to pay a player and he refused and that player didn't come to Arizona. Said the comments were defamatory.

Hard to believe so much would get reported purely based off hearsay. But interesting how Zona is taking this. Clearly they don't care or are VERY confident.

On fox sports radio they were saying how this might result in a huge black eye for ESPN. They came out and specifically said FBI had wire taps of Sean miller talking about 100k for Ayton. Now they are backing off and changing parts of the story. You can't do that crap. Can't mention specific names like that and be wrong. We'll see how this plays out.

On fox sports radio they were saying how this might result in a huge black eye for ESPN. They came out and specifically said FBI had wire taps of Sean miller talking about 100k for Ayton. Now they are backing off and changing parts of the story. You can't do that crap. Can't mention specific names like that and be wrong. We'll see how this plays out.

Oh, there you are. I figured you were waiting for another loss to show up so you could tell us all about Barnes and his patented fadeaway.

Honestly, the NCAA would love to have a team like us to nail. They will make an example out of Auburn if they can. They are gonna do whatever they can to protect the blue bloods and crush the second tier programs to appear strong.

NCAA gets all their money to operate on from the BB tourney. They will protect the blue bloods best they can but the FBI wil control the flow of information to the public. Their little bonanza may be impacted for 2019. This year they are safe.

VN Store

Back