Special counsel Mueller files new charges in Manafort, Gates case

bgQlK_s-200x150.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
Laundered more than $30 million.

MANAFORT and GATES generated tens of millions of dollars in income as a result of their

Ukraine work. From approximately 2006 through the present, MANAFORT and GATES engaged
in a scheme to hide income from United States authorities, while enjoying the use of the money.
During the first part of the scheme between approximately 2006 and 2015, MANAFORT, with
GATES’ assistance, failed to pay taxes on this income by disguising it as alleged “loans” from
nominee offshore corporate entities and by making millions of dollars in unreported payments
from foreign accounts to bank accounts they controlled and United States vendors. MANAFORT
also used the offshore accounts to purchase United States real estate, and MANAFORT and
GATES used the undisclosed income to make improvements to and refinance their United States
properties.

In the second part of the scheme, between approximately 2015 and at least January 2017,

when the Ukraine income dwindled after Yanukovych fled to Russia, MANAFORT, with the
assistance of GATES, extracted money from MANAFORT’s United States real estate by, among
other things, using those properties as collateral to obtain loans from multiple financial institutions.
MANAFORT and GATES fraudulently secured more than twenty million dollars in loans by
falsely inflating MANAFORT’s and his company’s income and by failing to disclose existing debt
in order to qualify for the loans.
In furtherance of the scheme, MANAFORT used his hidden overseas wealth to enjoy a

lavish lifestyle in the United States, without paying taxes on that income. MANAFORT, without
reporting the income to his tax preparer or the United States, spent millions of dollars on luxury
goods and services for himself and his extended family through payments wired from offshore
nominee accounts to United States vendors. MANAFORT also used these offshore accounts to
purchase multi-million dollar properties in the United States and to improve substantially another
property owned by his family.

In furtherance of the scheme, GATES used millions of dollars from these offshore accounts

to pay for his personal expenses, including his mortgage, children’s tuition, and interior decorating
and refinancing of his Virginia residence.

In total, more than $75,000,000 flowed through the offshore accounts. MANAFORT, with

the assistance of GATES, laundered more than $30,000,000, income that he concealed from the
United States Department of the Treasury (Treasury), the Department of Justice, and others.
GATES obtained more than $3,000,000 from the offshore accounts, income that he too concealed
from the Treasury, the Department of Justice, and others.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Laundered more than $30 million.

MANAFORT and GATES generated tens of millions of dollars in income as a result of their

Ukraine work. From approximately 2006 through the present, MANAFORT and GATES engaged
in a scheme to hide income from United States authorities, while enjoying the use of the money.
During the first part of the scheme between approximately 2006 and 2015, MANAFORT, with
GATES’ assistance, failed to pay taxes on this income by disguising it as alleged “loans” from
nominee offshore corporate entities and by making millions of dollars in unreported payments
from foreign accounts to bank accounts they controlled and United States vendors. MANAFORT
also used the offshore accounts to purchase United States real estate, and MANAFORT and
GATES used the undisclosed income to make improvements to and refinance their United States
properties.

In the second part of the scheme, between approximately 2015 and at least January 2017,

when the Ukraine income dwindled after Yanukovych fled to Russia, MANAFORT, with the
assistance of GATES, extracted money from MANAFORT’s United States real estate by, among
other things, using those properties as collateral to obtain loans from multiple financial institutions.
MANAFORT and GATES fraudulently secured more than twenty million dollars in loans by
falsely inflating MANAFORT’s and his company’s income and by failing to disclose existing debt
in order to qualify for the loans.
In furtherance of the scheme, MANAFORT used his hidden overseas wealth to enjoy a

lavish lifestyle in the United States, without paying taxes on that income. MANAFORT, without
reporting the income to his tax preparer or the United States, spent millions of dollars on luxury
goods and services for himself and his extended family through payments wired from offshore
nominee accounts to United States vendors. MANAFORT also used these offshore accounts to
purchase multi-million dollar properties in the United States and to improve substantially another
property owned by his family.

In furtherance of the scheme, GATES used millions of dollars from these offshore accounts

to pay for his personal expenses, including his mortgage, children’s tuition, and interior decorating
and refinancing of his Virginia residence.

In total, more than $75,000,000 flowed through the offshore accounts. MANAFORT, with

the assistance of GATES, laundered more than $30,000,000, income that he concealed from the
United States Department of the Treasury (Treasury), the Department of Justice, and others.
GATES obtained more than $3,000,000 from the offshore accounts, income that he too concealed
from the Treasury, the Department of Justice, and others.

The Clintons wouldn’t even get out of bed for 30 million.

Reactions: 6 people
But the Clintons are not going to jail. There needs to be facts to a crime and not a catchy slogan.

Reactions: 4 people
Remind me why we need a special council spending a million dollars a month? Shouldn’t Comey’s FBI got these guys years ago?

Reactions: 2 people
Remind me why we need a special council spending a million dollars a month? Shouldn’t Comey’s FBI got these guys years ago?

A million a month, that's it? Sheeeeit, that's a bargain considering what dotard Donny is spending on his trips to Palm Beach.

Can we order another Mueller at these prices?

Reactions: 7 people
A million a month, that's it? Sheeeeit, that's a bargain considering what dotard Donny is spending on his trips to Palm Beach.

Can we order another Mueller at these prices?

That million a month is just the advertised part of the witch hunt. The rest is in the proverbial body of the iceberg. Nothing in DC is that cheap ... nothing.

I've thought for a long time that if anything gets Trump it will be shady business dealings.

This has nothing to do with Russia.

Reactions: 1 person
I've thought for a long time that if anything gets Trump it will be shady business dealings.

This has nothing to do with Russia.

All our time and money spent by lifelong politicians doing shady business, and you're worried about Trump's shady business dealings?

There's not a politician in congress that could stand up to a charge of accepting bribes and other forms of corruption if the charges were applied just as they would be to any other person. Two simple questions would do it. Did you accept campaign donations from ...? Did you recuse yourself from legislation favorably affecting ...? They'd lie about both of course.

I bet I end up getting indicted by this hack for jaywalking last night. This "investigation" has nothing to do with collusion

Last edited:
I bet I end up getting indicated by this hack for jaywalking last night. This "investigation" has nothing to do with collusion

Actually the witch hunt has a lot to do with collusion. Mueller - the ex Director of the FBI and Deputy AG - is trying mightily to keep FBI and DOJ images clean; otherwise complete outsiders would be doing the job.

Rick Gates, Trump Campaign Aide, to Plead Guilty in Mueller Inquiry and Cooperate

Rick Gates, Trump Campaign Aide, to Plead Guilty in Mueller Inquiry and Cooperate - The New York Times

Gates was having a special hearing today about removing a lawyer as his council. A plea has been rumored for the past month and with the indictments yesterday it is a way to shield himself from the new charges being brought out later if he does cooperate. I would not be surprised if he doesn't have more sealed indictments against him also filed yesterday that he is also going to be shielded from with any plea deal and they may lead to a yet to be named person in the Trump camp.

Gates was having a special hearing today about removing a lawyer as his council. A plea has been rumored for the past month and with the indictments yesterday it is a way to shield himself from the new charges being brought out later if he does cooperate. I would not be surprised if he doesn't have more sealed indictments against him also filed yesterday that he is also going to be shielded from with any plea deal and they may lead to a yet to be named person in the Trump camp.

You all also said same thing about Flynn :rofl:

You all also said same thing about Flynn :rofl:

You haven't heard from him or his lawyer since I said that have you? They are sealed for a reason. To keep it from the public (you and me) so they can continue to collect information and evidence. I know it's hard for you not to play ignorant.

K4UpQUH.gif

VN Store

Back