'19 TN OT Jackson Lampley (Tennessee signee)

Just the way those politics work. Anyone who watches the film though knows what we are getting. Elite.

truth.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
From 247

“I’m so excited right now,” Lampley told 247Sports of his pledge. “Tennessee has always been my dream school. I grew up a huge fan and having my dad play there, it’s just a dream come true.”

Lampley is the son of former Tennessee offensive lineman Brad Lampley who was a member of Phil Fulmer’s first recruiting class in Knoxville. He had been offered under the previous staff and the Vols were always going to be a major factor in his recruitment but it wasn’t until the new coaching staff took over that he felt ready to pull the trigger on that pledge.

“After meeting with Coach Pruitt and [offensive line Coach Will] Friend and the rest of the staff, I just really felt that Tennessee was home to me more so than any other program I’ve visited,” Lampley said. “I just felt like after the visit in January, there’s just nowhere else I can see myself going to other than Tennessee.

“One of the reasons why I committed so early was because I want to help bring this program back to the way it once was,” he said. “that’s by recruiting a lot of other guys in the 2019 class. I’ve already started trying to recruit guys like (No. 1 OT Darnell Wright) and (Top100 DE) Bill Norton. I feel like I’m the first one and if I start recruiting, the process of Tennessee returning to prominence will be a lot quicker.”

Lampley projects to guard at the University of Tennessee and he’s a physical, nasty competitor on the field that has been a tone setter for the Big Red offensively. As a guy with a reputation as reliable, gritty and a great teammate in high school, he possesses the traits that Pruitt and his staff are looking for as they effort to change the culture in Knoxville. He’s also got plenty of talent. The 6-foot-4, 299-pounder is ranked by the 247Sports as the No. 8 offensive guard in the country.

As excited as Lampley is about his pledge, there’s one person even more pumped.

“My dad is probably the most excited of anyone in my family to be honest. He wanted me to make my own decision but obviously he wanted me to go to Tennessee the whole time. But this is my decision. I just like Tennessee more.”

Jeremy Pruitt and Tennessee Vols land 2019 recruit Jackson Lampley

Reactions: 14 people
From 247

“I’m so excited right now,” Lampley told 247Sports of his pledge. “Tennessee has always been my dream school. I grew up a huge fan and having my dad play there, it’s just a dream come true.”

Lampley is the son of former Tennessee offensive lineman Brad Lampley who was a member of Phil Fulmer’s first recruiting class in Knoxville. He had been offered under the previous staff and the Vols were always going to be a major factor in his recruitment but it wasn’t until the new coaching staff took over that he felt ready to pull the trigger on that pledge.

“After meeting with Coach Pruitt and [offensive line Coach Will] Friend and the rest of the staff, I just really felt that Tennessee was home to me more so than any other program I’ve visited,” Lampley said. “I just felt like after the visit in January, there’s just nowhere else I can see myself going to other than Tennessee.

“One of the reasons why I committed so early was because I want to help bring this program back to the way it once was,” he said. “that’s by recruiting a lot of other guys in the 2019 class. I’ve already started trying to recruit guys like (No. 1 OT Darnell Wright) and (Top100 DE) Bill Norton. I feel like I’m the first one and if I start recruiting, the process of Tennessee returning to prominence will be a lot quicker.”

Lampley projects to guard at the University of Tennessee and he’s a physical, nasty competitor on the field that has been a tone setter for the Big Red offensively. As a guy with a reputation as reliable, gritty and a great teammate in high school, he possesses the traits that Pruitt and his staff are looking for as they effort to change the culture in Knoxville. He’s also got plenty of talent. The 6-foot-4, 299-pounder is ranked by the 247Sports as the No. 8 offensive guard in the country.

As excited as Lampley is about his pledge, there’s one person even more pumped.

“My dad is probably the most excited of anyone in my family to be honest. He wanted me to make my own decision but obviously he wanted me to go to Tennessee the whole time. But this is my decision. I just like Tennessee more.”

Jeremy Pruitt and Tennessee Vols land 2019 recruit Jackson Lampley

Sounds like a classy kid.

Awesome.

Reactions: 1 person
The Volquest story about him mentioned him recruiting fellow in-state players, but then ended with the little tidbit that he's recruiting Joseph Anderson, "who he's known since 4th grade."

That might be VQ speak enough to keep an eye on Anderson possibly doing something moving forward.

Reactions: 2 people
O-line with offers from Auburn, Penn State, LSU, Florida, South Carolina, Wisconsin, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Arkansas.

A lot of good O-lines/rushing offenses in that list.

Reactions: 3 people
BOOM!!!! Pruitt and company are going to kick butt on the recruiting trail in 2019, can't wait till the haters have to go eat their lunch all by themselves. GBO!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
The Volquest story about him mentioned him recruiting fellow in-state players, but then ended with the little tidbit that he's recruiting Joseph Anderson, "who he's known since 4th grade."

That might be VQ speak enough to keep an eye on Anderson possibly doing something moving forward.

Yeah, there are a lot of good quotes in that article. Here is the one you're talking about:

“He’s going to get a business degree, but he wants to be a coach. He’s got visions of that and he knows what’s resonated with him during the recruiting process. His conversation with Al. So on Day 1, he reached out to Darnell Wright, Bill Norton and Joe Anderson, who he’s known since the fourth grade.

“He’s ready.”

Free read and a good one.

VolQuest.com - A parent’s perspective: How Lampley became a Vol

Reactions: 4 people
Composite 4* and only 16th best player in the state? Dang TN is straight up loaded this year. Potential for a phenomenal class.

Yeah, there are a lot of good quotes in that article. Here is the one you're talking about:

“He’s going to get a business degree, but he wants to be a coach. He’s got visions of that and he knows what’s resonated with him during the recruiting process. His conversation with Al. So on Day 1, he reached out to Darnell Wright, Bill Norton and Joe Anderson, who he’s known since the fourth grade.

“He’s ready.”

Free read and a good one.

VolQuest.com - A parent’s perspective: How Lampley became a Vol

Good story, and good job by his father.

VN Store

Back