Holly still can't coach.

Tough loss for the girls, should have won this one...You know, the more these girls are around Holly...the less basketball IQ they show. Don't over coach people who can play the game.

Do you work in the program? What do you know about how they’re being coached, what’s being said to them, etc.? If you don’t work in the program you know nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Should've gone over and over into the paint to Russell, wear it out especially if you're best players are lately in a slump and the opponent has missed that many in a row. Force it in there, make officials make calls too. Wasted chances, and my dog could've called a better inbound play with 7.8. and the play to end regulation..what was that too?

What's your dog's scoring average? Higher than his owner's? I am not a strong Holly supporter, but I didn't see her committ a single turnover, and that my friend is where this game was lost.

Reactions: 1 person
They miss 16 shots in a row to end the game into overtime and we lose? And that final play call out of a timeout, you inbound the ball and turn your back to the basket 30 feet away and let someone come all the way out there to get it with 7.8? Pure stupidity. She gave this game away and I'll bet you we lose next 3.

A&M was absolutely gassed, hands on hips entire overtime. They scored I think all their points from the line. Maybe they had one mid range shot I can't remember.

Gary made the adjustments. He used TO's to rest his team. They go home with a win, we go home with two timeouts

Reactions: 6 people
They miss 16 shots in a row to end the game into overtime and we lose? And that final play call out of a timeout, you inbound the ball and turn your back to the basket 30 feet away and let someone come all the way out there to get it with 7.8? Pure stupidity. She gave this game away and I'll bet you we lose next 3.

Yes, Holly can't coach. That called play was terrible.

Reactions: 2 people
well, we finally lost one...that's all I'm allowing for educational purposes...:)

GO HOLLY AND GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the second half they should have gone to a full court press after a made field goal. A&M was so tired that they couldn't breath. Why let them walk up the court and rest?

They did miss 18 shots during that time. We could have force a lot of turnovers forcing them to have to run. That's on Holly!!!

I’ve never seen some of you people!!!!! Where did y’all come from?????

The same hole they always crawl out of after a LV loss...the football forum. Just hit them all with your ignore button now so you won't have to read their **** when we lose again, because I'm sure we will at some point.

In the second half they should have gone to a full court press after a made field goal. A&M was so tired that they couldn't breath. Why let them walk up the court and rest?

They did miss 18 shots during that time. We could have force a lot of turnovers forcing them to have to run. That's on Holly!!!

You can't argue with the truth...All the coaching moves were made by Blair. No counter moves....The announcers were pointing out about the visible exhaustion of the TAMU players. We should have exploited this

Reactions: 4 people
Not having a second 6'6" on the team is part of the problem with this team. Short bench.
Problem will be magnified next year but is a problem this year as well. The UT style of play demands unrelenting great post action. Otherwise there
is unbalanced play and turnovers.
Green is a good mid size post player but even she was in doubt physically this year and another taller player was obviously needed.

It is the HC's job to play the players that can win the game. Even non-coaches known as fans saw the players on the court being listless and out rebounded down the stretch by a completely worn out aTm. Westbrook was totally lost out there for a long period of time. Holly did not make the substitutions or adjustments on the court. They needed a couple of players off the bench to inject some life into the 'stand still and hope' offense she allowed to be run for about 15 minutes of the game in the second half. Which is the same issue the team had last year, FWIW. Once the non-motion offense begins being the MO, it worsens until something is done to change it.

We will see if she can make positive changes going forward. The condescending posts of Holly loyalists are why many LV fans do not come here to post. You can be honest about what is happening on the court and not be a hater. The truth is to this point the strength of Holly recruiting class has carried the day along with the improved play of Russell and Nared. Holly deserves credit for those things. But, Russell forgot she was to rebound and Nared was not as effective much of the night. It gets real now as the schedule toughens up.

I swore last year because of the poor coaching that I would not watch Lady Vols play this year. Just makes me mad to see so much talent wasted. When I saw that they were undefeated I thought maybe something had changed. Maybe adjustments had been made. Since I was free tonight I decided to watch and check out the LVs and hangout on VN.

Two things stood out:

1. This team is much more talented than last year and seems to play unselfish ball.

2. Coaching has not changed or improved.

We are 16-1 and lost to a good team on the road in overtime with 3 true freshman playing heavy minutes. Holly has done a great job so far...Our fan base has ridiculous expectations.

Reactions: 5 people
Tex A&M played 5 players and Holly couldn't figure out HOW TO BEAT THEM. A&M was sucking air at the end of the game b4 overtime. SMH.... They will lose the next 3 games................YOU WATCH !!

Tough loss for the girls, should have won this one...You know, the more these girls are around Holly...the less basketball IQ they show. Don't over coach people who can play the game.

To her credit, she did watch our men's game against Vanderbilt. She needs to implement some of our men's strong points.

What's Holly IQ on offense?

We are 16-1 and lost to a good team on the road in overtime with 3 true freshman playing heavy minutes. Holly has done a great job so far...Our fan base has ridiculous expectations.

Those ridiculous expectations are part of the heritage and expectations of the University of Tennessee Lady ol program.

They will not be lowered

I have not watch all of every game this year, but I saw a team standing around and very slow to react last night which I have not seen too much this year. Look a little lost near the end. My strongest reaction to this game was "they wanted it more than we did".. Might you think our youngsters may be getting a little tired??

:rock::rock::rock::rock:I have complained all year that turnovers would cost us a game...it did tonight on the very last play with 7.6 seconds left and the ball on the side of our end of the court. We had 16 turnovers and TA&M 10...two of our players had 5 turnovers each equal to the total amount of the whole TA&M team. Game after game this happens with nothing being done by CHW.

Not to make excuse, but young team. I notice if youngster makes a bad or questionably pass, it sometimes looks like the older player is at fault. We must give these young kids a little time. They are coming. I don't see quite as much "out of control" play by these kids as I did earlier. They are coming. I said in an earlier post in this thread, the team that wanted this game the most won it.

I'm not going to go so far as to say we lose the next 3, but there were definitely some suspect plays last night. It almost felt like Holly didn't have a play drawn up for the play at the end of regulation and rather said go out and just run something and see what happens. Meme taking the three at the end, a player that hadn't scored all game long and certainly isn't their best option. I know they likely left her wide open for a reason, but come on, we can draw up something better than that.

Gary made the adjustments. He used TO's to rest his team. They go home with a win, we go home with two timeouts

And tried his darndest to let Carter shoot them out of the game. 9 of 31. That's on the coach. Were those "adjustments" in the middle of the 0 for 19 shooting run? When a team misses 19 straight, that's on the coach as well.

Reactions: 5 people
Why did Holly foul her that was poor coaching.:)

First Holly did not foul her, by command or otherwise. I think I saw her say "no foul" in the huddle. As to the foul it came after the shot was gone and was just a bump of hips. As someone else as stated should not have been called at this point of the game. It had no part in the play "shot". Once again, as is happening in all type of games, officials impacting out come with poor or unnecessary calls to often.

First Holly did not foul her, by command or otherwise. I think I saw her say "no foul" in the huddle. As to the foul it came after the shot was gone and was just a bump of hips. As someone else as stated should not have been called at this point of the game. It had no part in the play "shot". Once again, as is happening in all type of games, officials impacting out come with poor or unnecessary calls to often.

Evina elevated in the air. That’s a no-no. She should have stood planted with hands vertical.

How's that different from a player getting hammered on a three after the shot has left their hands? A foul is a foul. Evina made a mistake getting too close, and Williams was crafty enough to take advantage of her position.

Evina played her too tightly and contested the shot too closely while she was still moving sideways. That's on Evina, not the refs.

VN Store

Back