2018 QB Depth Chart

Why have i seen recievers having to come back to the ball 30 yards downfield, dormady has no where near the arm strength of JG.

You haven’t. Give me examples, even video.

You criticize Dormady’s play a lot of different ways. Poor mechanics, faking off to his left/throwing off his back foot, lack of poise in the pocket, poor accuracy. But don’t die on the “QD doesn’t have a strong arm” Hill. That’s just silly.

You haven’t. Give me examples, even video.

You criticize Dormady’s play a lot of different ways. Poor mechanics, faking off to his left/throwing off his back foot, lack of poise in the pocket, poor accuracy. But don’t die on the “QD doesn’t have a strong arm” Hill. That’s just silly.

3:10 left in second quarter of the florida game, throws it max 35 yards, reciever who had his corner beat had to slow down and jump to have a chance at the ball, if he lead him its a touchdown. And thats not the only pass that i remember that happening, i remember it because i was watching some expert question his arm strength after seeing that.

Dormandy failed in my opinion but I'm just a fan. The reason I say that against g.tech he was throwing into 5 man coverage and if not overthrown and poorly placed balls would have been 6 0r 7 int. Game. But maybe just poor coaching. Dont know. JG did not look so good either. Better! But then again when you are running for your life every play and recievers are not getting open. Gotta believe these guys are too talented! With guidance and HOPE we could see most of these guys turn a corner and turn it on. With injurys and poor overall play calling and just bad juju!! New COACHES new ATTITUDES new TEAM! With what these guys went thru (as hard as it was on us IT HAD TO BE HARDER BY FAR TO SUIT UP)

Reactions: 1 person
Hopefully pruitt/helton can pull off a kiffin and resurrect one of our underwhelming players, similar to what happened with crompton.

Gurantano and the rest gave us the 2017 version of 2008 crompton, then miraculously he became 2009 crompton once kiffin and layla's brother rebuilt him and his confidence. The secret back then.... roll him out more, keep him moving, that was his comfort zone.

Don't know what will help Gurantano. He didnt play like a college quarterback, it will be hard to watch him again unless some breakthrough happens. People say he has a strong arm, but thats about like those that say he's a dual threat....lol. He's undersized slow weak and pretty much unlikeable.

The pouting when he didnt start (contrast jalen hurts or even jacob eason) was somewhat ameliorated later in the season when he spoke in front of an audience pre and post game. He said the right things....

Then set himself back with the crap he and his father pulled during the schiano debacle. He told us if we didnt like the coach we can leave, at about the same time his pops threatened us with a player rebellion.

I'm hoping JT Shrout can come in and be the sleeper of thr ages, maybe, theres something there. It was odd how quickly pruitt set his sights on him and hauled him in right before early signing day, probably even shocked the folks at cal. Made me think pruitt knows something we don't. Especially odd since the kid threw like 30 interceptions, which is hard to do in a high school season, awfully hard.

Who knows what will happen. But if qb play doesnt improve exponentially, next year will be hard to watch.

Reactions: 3 people
Personally, I believe he would be the best option for starting QB. JG just didnt show me enough to say, wow, or even, ok, he can handle it. His arm strength is average at best, just watch his follow through and foot work. He needs to put on some weight as well. Would really prefer to have a drop back passer that has the ability to run a little, (Alex Smith type) but is more of a pure passer. There is no Peyton Manning out there coming to UT so far, maybe Pruitt will find that next QB, having Helton on the staff could be huge. We also need WR, if Jennings can come back, that would be great. The other side is that our oline was a huge disappointment. I also believe it will be 1-2 seasons before we are relevant again. Kirby Smart walked into a great program that had back to back to back great recruiting classes, ours has been good, but as evidence from our players, not as good as one would hope, and I do put a lot of that on the coaching. I never liked the JOnes hire to begin with.

3:10 left in second quarter of the florida game, throws it max 35 yards, reciever who had his corner beat had to slow down and jump to have a chance at the ball, if he lead him its a touchdown. And thats not the only pass that i remember that happening, i remember it because i was watching some expert question his arm strength after seeing that.

Now come on dude. Are you really trying to push the ridiculous notion that QD doesn’t have the arm strength to throw a football even 30-35 yards? If he underthrew it then it’s because he misjudged how far he needed to throw it or because he was under pressure and didn’t throw it as he’s capable.

Perhaps I need to remind you of the of QD’s 49 yard completion to Preston Williams when he was a freshman? Or the 24 yard td pass he threw on a rope while running to his right in the same game....that ball was thrown more than 30 yards and never got more than 10-12 feet off the ground.

There’s plenty of things to criticize QD on regarding his play last season....it’s beyond silly to choose what you think is his inability to throw a football 30 yards.

Everyone thought Crompton was a lost cause and couldn't play in the SEC. Then he got proper coaching.

We don't know what we have in the stable just yet.

Lol. Says the guy who blasts a kid for anything and everything.

Who have I Blasted? Dormady? He hasn't ever been the QB that everyone beside me thought he would be. It isn't his fault, he is a average QB, he just isn't a top level QB, and maybe never will be.

We can blame Butch, Injuries, or whatever but he hasn't lived up to any of the hype at UT. I have been on the record that I never thought he would be a good QB, but that wasn't personal or blasting him, it was an honest assessment of his skill set. Sorry if we can't breakdown a kids skill set without it being an attack on a kid.

I for one hope that Dormady is a success wherever he goes, but I never thought he would be at Tennessee, JMHO.

Not blasting Dormady, just making an unbiased assessment, i don't gain anything if he succeeds or fails! IT IS JUST MY OPINION, based on what I saw from him on film and on the field! He doesn't have "IT"

Who have I Blasted? Dormady? He hasn't ever been the QB that everyone beside me thought he would be. It isn't his fault, he is a average QB, he just isn't a top level QB, and maybe never will be.

We can blame Butch, Injuries, or whatever but he hasn't lived up to any of the hype at UT. I have been on the record that I never thought he would be a good QB, but that wasn't personal or blasting him, it was an honest assessment of his skill set. Sorry if we can't breakdown a kids skill set without it being an attack on a kid.

I for one hope that Dormady is a success wherever he goes, but I never thought he would be at Tennessee, JMHO.

Not blasing Dormady, just making an unbiased assessment, i don't gain anything if he succeeds or fails! IT IS JUST MY OPINION, based on what I saw from him on film and on the field! He doesn't have "IT"

Don’t use the word “unbiased” in conjunction with Dormady. By your own admission. “IT IS JUST MY OPINION”. Your BIASED opinion. Your torture that began with his commitment is over...take the win. :lol:

Don’t use the word “unbiased” in conjunction with Dormady. By your own admission. “IT IS JUST MY OPINION”. Your BIASED opinion. Your torture that began with his commitment is over...take the win. :lol:

How is it biased when I have nothing vested if he succeeds or fails? I made an honest assessment when he signed with Tennessee, How is that biased, I never saw the skill set that everyone claimed he had, which he never ended up showing off I might add.

My assessment was never Biased, but it was correct!:dance2::dance2::dance2:

How is it biased when I have nothing vested if he succeeds or fails? I made an honest assessment when he signed with Tennessee, How is that biased, I never saw the skill set that everyone claimed he had, which he never ended up showing off I might add.

My assessment was never Biased, but it was correct!:dance2::dance2::dance2:

Didn’t care one way or the other huh? You started a thread where you wanted him criminally prosecuted. :w00t: Your obsession with him was the epitome of bias! Your emoji’s are dead on. Dancing for joy...clothes optional.

Everyone thought Crompton was a lost cause and couldn't play in the SEC. Then he got proper coaching.

Guarantano was hard to watch at times last year but as hard as it is to believe, I think he was way ahead of the hot garbage we had at QB in 2008.

Reactions: 2 people

Here are the facts for those of you that do not know.
Crompton never accepted coaching. He is a rock head that thought (along with his parents) that he was way better then he thought. In comes the Lane Train. I was having lunch with Jim Chaney after the season. About 5 of us total. Someone said "coach you did a great job with Crompton this year". Chaney's reply was "I had nothing to do with it". The other person said "so it was all Lane"?? He laughed and said "no, not at all. The person that gets total credit for Crompton's play is David Reaves". Reaves is the one that worked with him everyday and made him what he was. Plus Crompton knew it was his last chance so he accepted coaching. We all know what that Sh*t Hole Lane did with Reaves.

Didn’t care one way or the other huh? You started a thread where you wanted him criminally prosecuted. :w00t: Your obsession with him was the epitome of bias! Your emoji’s are dead on. Dancing for joy...clothes optional.

What Thread did I start about getting Dormady criminally prosecuted? you have me confused, my opinion is based only on my assessment of his skill set, and I was right, No Bias, No BS just my opinion of his skills. That is all!:)

What Thread did I start about getting Dormady criminally prosecuted? you have me confused, my opinion is based only on my assessment of his skill set, and I was right, No Bias, No BS just my opinion of his skills. That is all!:)

After one of the losses. You went especially overboard. Bringing up who he was marrying and other bs. It was the first time that I actually glimpsed that you had mental instability. I think you blurted out that you work with kids in that thread which gave pause...considering the vitriol you were throwing at a college student. It was beyond personal and extremely BIASED. Which prolly led to it being locked and removed by the mods. :ermm:

After one of the losses. You went especially overboard. Bringing up who he was marrying and other bs. It was the first time that I actually glimpsed that you had mental instability. I think you blurted out that you work with kids in that thread which gave pause...considering the vitriol you were throwing at a college student. It was beyond personal and extremely BIASED. Which prolly led to it being locked and removed by the mods. :ermm:

No I started a Thread about his horrible play and siad that either of the other 2 QBs couldn't do worse than he was doing already.

It has nothing to do with Bias it is still warrented by his performance and nothing else. My work with Kids has nothing to do with my assessment of QB play thank you very much, I would have said the same thing about any of the QBs if they were playing as bad as Dormady was playing this year.

This just further proves my point that I am making my opinion on nothing but his play and performance and there is no bias in my assessment!

Dormady has not performed to a level even high enough to be a decent backup QB in the SEC. That isn't personal it is fact.

He couldn't have started at any other SEC school this year! His relationship with Butch's God daughter while it may not have anything to do with playing time still put a stigma over his horrible continuous play that Butch allowed to continue until he was relieved of his starting duties!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back