Pruitt Staffers

So, back to ST and WR.

Unless there's a glaring opening I'm missing somewhere.

On the non-football, but related situation, I'm wondering who Fulmer is going to tap as the VFL Coordinator. I don't think it would happen, but I'd love to get Al Wilson into that spot.

yeah, so WR and ST still can be hired. expecting WR coach today or tomorrow. the WR coach from Memphis getting an interview, today,i think.

not much to him, David Johnson, seems like a fairly well respected coach (LSU went after him last year, turned them down), is considered a good recruiter...for Memphis...and has coached kids to some pretty good production, especially anthony miller this past season.

can't hurt to have a guy with some roots in the Memphis area for recruiting, and he's a Louisiana boy, so also not a bad thing to have some in roads down there.

i can see where that hire would make sense.

since it is HC +10, then you could hire Rush Propst still as an on field coach....who knows.

VFL coord...yeah, Wilson would be awesome in that role...no idea if he's interested or what else he's doing these days....but if it was possible, that'd almost be a no brainer.

Last edited:
Big Al Wilson would put the fear of failure in those kids for certain.

Being a coach requires a degree, not sure if the VFL coordinator is required to have a degree or not but I didn't think Big Al finished up and got his degree.

Does anyone know for certain?

thanks, good insight on Neidermeyer. would be a good way to add Propst and still hire a WR coach.

This ⬆️ I would like to see him as a recruiter so Rocker wouldn't recruit but still hire 2 more on field coaches. I think that Propst and Osavet would be best for recruiting. But then again this is why I'm not a Coach I guess.

This ⬆️ I would like to see him as a recruiter so Rocker wouldn't recruit but still hire 2 more on field coaches. I think that Propst and Osavet would be best for recruiting. But then again this is why I'm not a Coach I guess.

yeah,i don't have a real feel for the WR coach. i don't know who Osavet is really? never heard of him. can see some traction with several of the other candidates, and why those hires would make sense.

i still don't know how serious the Propst angle is. i know they've (propst and fulmer) had discussions, not sure about any legit interviews? i doubt seriously CJP needs to "interview" Propst, in the traditional sense of the word.

maybe we'll get some answers at the pc later today....

Which would actually help Tennessee more...

1...Have Propst on our staff?

2...Keep him as a HS coach that helps funnel top prospects to Tennessee?

I have no idea what the best option would be but I've seen on here some negative things about his family life or something.

People with serious knowledge of this please express your knowledge and opinions.

Thanks my friends.

VFL...GBO!!!

Which would actually help Tennessee more...

1...Have Propst on our staff?

2...Keep him as a HS coach that helps funnel top prospects to Tennessee?

I have no idea what the best option would be but I've seen on here some negative things about his family life or something.

People with serious knowledge of this please express your knowledge and opinions.

Thanks my friends.

VFL...GBO!!!
he'd have a bigger reach, and impact, if on our staff. he has tons of relationships across GA nad AL that could pay dividends...vs. being at 1 school.

plus by all accounts, he's an excellent offensive mind and coach.

so taking all that in to account, and assuming he's as good a "coach" as advertised, i'd just assume him be on our staff interacting with the kids on the roster, and out recruiting across the southeast.

So, back to ST and WR.

Unless there's a glaring opening I'm missing somewhere.

On the non-football, but related situation, I'm wondering who Fulmer is going to tap as the VFL Coordinator. I don't think it would happen, but I'd love to get Al Wilson into that spot.

Charles Kelly is handling STs and coaching safeties.

Im gonna say we get Dawsey from FSU to coach WR's. One of his top recruits was just confirmed to be visiting this weekend and he was at FSU when Pruitt was.

We should know by the end of this weekend. As mentioned earlier, recruits were told they would get to meet new WR coach this weekend during OV.

Pruitt just stated during the PC that Brian Neidermeyer would be given a chance on the field. He did not confirm what position he would coach though.

He has also confirmed everybody else in OPs post, plus Charles Kelly as ST/Safeties. He stated that Helton will also coach QBs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I still think the WR coach is from the NFL ranks. During the presser, he did mention something like "we still got things to be done... it's a work in progress, and it will probably continue all the way through Feb."

That leads me to believe that we have a guy but wants to wait it out until his season is over.

I still think the WR coach is from the NFL ranks. During the presser, he did mention something like "we still got things to be done... it's a work in progress, and it will probably continue all the way through Feb."

That leads me to believe that we have a guy but wants to wait it out until his season is over.

Belichick, obviously

I think the “all the way through February” remark was referring to the support staff.

Reactions: 2 people
I saw one problem in the press conference. By being Head Coach Pruitt can not recruit like he used to. Something like 50 times less contact.

That makes success this year even more important. And could influence coaching decisions toward constant contact recruiting. It takes a particular kind of personalty to pull that off.

His name has already been mentioned, but it appears Pruitt will interview Memphis' WR coach David Johnson according to 247 sports.

Pruitt stated on Finebum, yes BUM, he only has one more addition to his staff, pretty much done.

Since he said probably February until done with staff, does that likely mean he is waiting on an NFL guy that is in playoffs?

VN Store

Back