Top 10 biggest recruiting busts at UT since 2000

Why are you drooling? That class accomplished almost zilch..It was a bust class as a whole. Here is a better question than the OP, which class was the biggest bust?

2009. Only a couple players finished playing here from that class. 2014 was pretty bad with attrition but not 2009 bad.

You off your meds again? :)

2003: 10-3 & Division Champs (Co)
2004: 10-3 & Division Champs

Jason Allen
James Banks
Gerald Riggs Jr
JT Mapu
Mondre Dickerson
Jonathan Wade
James Wilhoit
Omar Gaither
Justin Harrell
Parys Haralson
Aaron Kirkland
Cody Douglas
Rob Smith
Gibril Wilson
Marvin Mitchell

What a bunch of busters!....

They lost when it mattered most.

Far from a BUST though!

Yeah..you're right, I guess I still hold it against them for losing to Clemson and Maryland in the Peach bowls..That was about the peak of their accomplishments..getting embarrassed by those two garbage teams, and that crap awful 05 season.

Last edited:
Kmac was a good DT.. period anyone that things he wasn't knows nothing about football. He will get drafted, he will play on sundays. Not sit on the bench cashing checks he will play.

Kmac was not a bust people just set goals of him being something he was not. He is a space eater NT type who wont get a lot of stats. His Job is to make the MLB look good and he did that job well.

Reactions: 3 people
Also calling bryce Brown a bust means you don't understand what a bust is. Its not like he was here and didn't perform. He didn't play much his freshman year and took bad advice and left. he did ok in the NFL.

Also calling bryce Brown a bust means you don't understand what a bust is. Its not like he was here and didn't perform. He didn't play much his freshman year and took bad advice and left. he did ok in the NFL.

Bryce Brown is the definition of a bust

Reactions: 1 person
Brandon Jeffries
Chris Donald
Kenny O’Neal

5* recruits that I don’t think had to wash their uniform a single time.

Wrong, Bryce Brown actually saw the field and had a good run or two. Not to mention he was on an NFL roster and posted a 100 yard game for the Eagles

A good run or two does not make the #1 player in his class a non-bust.

He was a bust in his time at UT

Reactions: 2 people
It’s not football but Scotty Hopson had the dribbling skills of a drunk Johnny Majors and he was a five star.

I think what people confuse is a player being a bust vs being a big disappointment. A lot of the names like Khalil and Brown are called busts by some because of the expectation of accomplishment.

I do disagree about Khalil "doing what was expected of him", he was ok as a space eater, but as a 5* he was expected to push the pocket, and he almost never did.

He was a big disappointment, but not a bust.

That 2002 Tennessee Recruiting class though

5 Stars - 5
4 Stars - 16

:drool:

The 2005 and 2007 classes by themselves had 10 guys who were bigger busts than Kmac. That's not including the parade of felons that Kiff brought in for 2009.

VN Store

Back