Sounds like QD is going to transfer

That's the worst news all day! I think he is the best QB on the roster. His first start set a record. I do not want him to go, I think he should compete for the starting QB this Spring.

His first start was three and a half quarters of pure offensive ineptitude, before something clicked and they squeaked out a close win, there was absolutely nothing in that game that he should be praised for, as a matter of fact i watched him throw high into four defenders in the middle of the field in that game, and that is probably the best example of what a qb should never do.

Damn, I didn't think JG was half as good as QD........and I'm still not sold on JG abilities to win in the SEC (but I am hoping he can).

Recall how bad Dobbs looked when they threw him to the wolves his first year? People were and are still complaining of his deficiencies while on The Hill. JG's experience will help him a lot next season.

Reactions: 2 people
I agree with this. QD forced a lot of throws. There were some INTs that weren't his fault, but he also got very lucky multiple times trying to force the ball into coverage and not getting picked off.

To me, the main difference between JG and QD is that JG made better decisions. That has led to the criticism that he "holds the ball too long", but in reality, QD was forcing the ball into coverage too often and JG opted to hold the ball rather than make poor decisions.

I don't agree about the better decisions by JG. He was oblivious to the rush and stunts which led to multiple fumbles and sacks. Of course, the play calling didn't help him out that often either. Screens, draws, rollouts were seldom called in crucial situations. If QD transfers, I hope I'm wrong about JG. I hope our new California boy is ready.

Reactions: 1 person
His first start was three and a half quarters of pure offensive ineptitude, before something clicked and they squeaked out a close win, there was absolutely nothing in that game that he should be praised for, as a matter of fact i watched him throw high into four defenders in the middle of the field in that game, and that is probably the best example of what a qb should never do.

It was 14-21 at the end of third quarter. The problem was that the defense couldn't stop the run which limited possessions. He did well when we could get the ball back. Then it was lights out in the fourth and OT.

Just because recruiting services call a guy dual threat doesnt mean he cant perform in a prostyle offense. He has all of the measurables af an elite pro style qb, and many qb gurus believe he can develop into a prototype sec qb, fortunately for him the coaches that didnt develop players are now gone.

“Many QB gurus”? Familiar with the one he paid in California. Who else among the “many” have spoken on the Guarantano subject? Your style is very familiar... ever meet K-Town King? Like when you were shaving in front of the mirror this morning? :)

It was 14-21 at the end of third quarter. The problem was that the defense couldn't stop the run which limited possessions. He did well when we could get the ball back. Then it was lights out in the fourth and OT.

Six of the first seven possessions ended in either a turnover on downs or a punt,but ill admit it did seem like qd had a clutch gene in the fourth, but then when you look at what gt did the rest of the year it doesnt make QD look any better, he was abysmal in sec play.

You're out of your mind. JG completed 78% of his passes against Kentucky. Do you really think Dormady would've completed 83%? JG's performance against Kentucky was easily the best performance by one of our QBs all season.

The grass isn't greener. JG was the best QB. And our problems on offense had little to do with him.

I completely disagree - JG may be a good quarterback when he receives some coaching but he has a long way to go.
I think QD regressed also, how much of that is because of injury, I don’t know. But he definitely has the tools to be a good quarterback.

“Many QB gurus”? Familiar with the one he paid in California. Who else among the “many” have spoken on the Guarantano subject? Your style is very familiar... ever meet K-Town King? Like when you were shaving in front of the mirror this morning? :)

Trent dilfer, other coaches at the elite 11, george whitfield jr. Not to mention that it was urban meyer that we competed with the most to land him in recruitment. But lets keep ignoring all of that and just call it a failure since butch couldnt develop a player if his life depended on it. Also i dont shave now that im not forced to by my employeer. Aka veteran beard.

Last edited:
The TD to Wolfe from QD in Gainesville was the prettiest pass by any QB on the roster this season. Manning couldn't have thrown a better pass. My point, these guys all are good. What they are missing is great coaching.

Reactions: 4 people
Hmmm...the only pro-style pocket passer we have on the roster and with a pro-style offense on the way. I will believe it when I see it.

Stay, Quinten...at least through spring practice.

I completely disagree - JG may be a good quarterback when he receives some coaching but he has a long way to go.
I think QD regressed also, how much of that is because of injury, I don’t know. But he definitely has the tools to be a good quarterback.

Which one took better care of the ball? Freshmen are supposed to throw the most ints not the guys with more time in the system.

Trent dilfer, other coaches at the elite 11, george whitfield jr. Not to mention that it was urban meyer that we competed with the most to land him in recruitment. But lets keep ignoring all of that and just call it a failure since butch couldnt develop a player if his life depended on it. Also i dont shave now that im not forced to by my employeer. Aka veteran beard.

Oh yeah! Trent Dilfer! What ever happened to that one kid he tapped as a future Pro signalcaller...Torrance Gibson? :) George Whitfield was the aforementioned “paid” guru in California from my post. Now back to these “many QB gurus”...should be able to give up one more name when there are NUMEROUS to choose from. You see, we have this poster, K-Town King who can’t express anything as simply his strongly held opinion. He relies on a lot of “every expert” or “most experts” to buttress his arguments. You’d like him. :wink2:

Reactions: 2 people
Which one took better care of the ball? Freshmen are supposed to throw the most ints not the guys with more time in the system.

Maybe cause QD would throw the ****in ball past the line? I screamed at JG all yr to “throw the damn ball to someone” other than Kelly. Stats are a joke. JG didn’t beat anyone. McBride won the SMiss game.

Oh yeah! Trent Dilfer! What ever happened to that one kid he tapped as a future Pro signalcaller...Torrance Gibson? :) George Whitfield was the aforementioned “paid” guru in California from my post. Now back to these “many QB gurus”...should be able to give up one more name when there are NUMEROUS to choose from. You see, we have this poster, K-Town King who can’t express anything as simply his strongly held opinion. He relies on a lot of “every expert” or “most experts” to buttress his arguments. You’d like him. :wink2:

Scouts are wrong often, just because they fail at one prediction doesnt discount every word they say. There is a reason he is in the position he is in at the elite 11 competition also like i said there was other coaches that liked him in that competition, he led the rankings for a couple days when it was going on and was beat out on the last day by shea patterson.

Yeah that huge 43 percent completion percentage and two ints in a game and a half were spectacular.

Wait a minute jack....you weren’t convinced that McBride is our program qb of the future after he put up 20 total yards in the second half vs So Miss? I mean, McBride’s outstanding quarterback play led us to 73 total yards on 29 plays/9 second half possessions. Thats 2.5 yards per play, 8.1 yards per possession.....that’s the stuff of legend I tell ya.

Scouts are wrong often, just because they fail at one prediction doesnt discount every word they say. There is a reason he is in the position he is in at the elite 11 competition also like i said there was other coaches that liked him in that competition, he led the rankings for a couple days when it was going on and was beat out on the last day by shea patterson.

So, “many” = 2?

:)

:clapping::clapping::clapping:Dormady is his own worst enemy. Same mistakes game after game.
He never learned from his constant mistakes...looked where he was throwing,
constantly threw into triple coverage,
threw late after his receiver arrived,
constantly threw behind the receivers and more.

Wouldn't shock me.

(A) Dormady was very close to Butch, and
(B) JG clearly outplayed him last season

JG is definitely the favorite to be the starter and should be an excellent fit inside Helton's system. Dormady has a lot of talent, though, and with the right coach, could be a very good P5 QB (sort of like Peterman).

Maybe cause QD would throw the ****in ball past the line? I screamed at JG all yr to “throw the damn ball to someone” other than Kelly. Stats are a joke. JG didn’t beat anyone. McBride won the SMiss game.

Yeah he won it on that 1-8 for 13 yards, and 4 carries for 7 yards.(blue font)
Gtfo with that dumb revisionist bs.

So, “many” = 2?

:)

I love this, because i cant name all of the coaches that ran the elite 11 camp you want to pick apart that one aspect of my comment since you cant debate the rest without just inserting your own idiotic drivel.

Reactions: 3 people

That’s interesting.....JG averaged more yards per attempt than QD, 7.2 vs 6.8, meaning that it was actually JG who threw the ball “past the line”, not QD.

Btw.....McBride “won the SMiss game”?? Lol. He accounted for 20 total yards in his fabulous second half performance....13 yards through the air on 1-8 passing, stellar 5.7 QBR....and 7 yards rushing. Wow, what a performance. He really just put us on his back that night vs mighty So Miss. He should clearly be number 1 on the depth chart going into the spring coming off that dandy performance.

Only on Volnation can a guy be adamant that the guy who went 1-8 for 13 yards in one half should definitely, absolutely be the quarterback over a guy who went 9-13 for 102 yards in the other half, in the same game vs the same team.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back