Sounds like QD is going to transfer

wmcovol

Matthews alluded to it on 104.5 today. He’s about as close to the program as Ms Pruitt right now.

Reactions: 3 people
Wouldn't shock me.

(A) Dormady was very close to Butch, and
(B) JG clearly outplayed him last season

JG is definitely the favorite to be the starter and should be an excellent fit inside Helton's system. Dormady has a lot of talent, though, and with the right coach, could be a very good P5 QB (sort of like Peterman).

Reactions: 26 people
Wouldn't shock me.

JG is definitely the favorite to be the starter and should be an excellent fit inside Helton's system. Dormady has a lot of talent, though, and with the right coach, could be a very good P5 QB (sort of like Peterman).

Tenn would have won Ky and SC games with Dormady at QB. JMO

Reactions: 104 people
Wouldn't shock me.

JG clearly outplayed Dormady? Thats a stretch.

Reactions: 93 people
Matthews alluded to it on 104.5 today. He’s about as close to the program as Ms Pruitt right now.

How close is Ms. Pruitt? My guess would be that she is in New Orleans enjoying cajun food and prepping her crismon and houndstooth wear for a sugar bowl right now.

Reactions: 5 people
Tenn would have won Ky and SC games with Dormady at QB. JMO

You're out of your mind. JG completed 78% of his passes against Kentucky. Do you really think Dormady would've completed 83%? JG's performance against Kentucky was easily the best performance by one of our QBs all season.

The grass isn't greener. JG was the best QB. And our problems on offense had little to do with him.

Reactions: 25 people
Wouldn't shock me.

Damn, I didn't think JG was half as good as QD........and I'm still not sold on JG abilities to win in the SEC (but I am hoping he can).

Reactions: 17 people
Wouldn't shock me.

And that is really, really sad.

Reactions: 2 people
Honestly, I don't think it is. Whether it was injury, distraction etc, QD just never looked comfortable.

Did JG really ever look comfortable? I think both QBs suffered greatly because of our terrible OL and play calling. QD did have an injury and it may have been a big reason he struggled but maybe not. I really dont know.

But to say that JG clearly outplayed Dormady is reaching imo.

Reactions: 11 people

He may transfer and he may not. I would say if he recovers from surgery and is able to participate in spring, i would think he would since they will all start on page one in competition. Another aspect will be which QB can handle the mental part in learning the playbook. There are many unknowns at this time with who will be starting.

Wouldn't shock me.

Not for sure we can say JG clearly outplayed him but I understand what you’re trying to say. Frankly even with the bad offensive line we had I don’t think any three of the quarterbacks look very comforting going forward. In other words it’s going to take a huge huge amount of work just to get them to be serviceable this next year I’m afraid ..... but man I hope I am wrong .....I really do!

Damn, I didn't think JG was half as good as QD........and I'm still not sold on JG abilities to win in the SEC (but I am hoping he can).

So when he leads all the stats except td passes(likely from lesser recievers and o line) and Int's which was the turnover machine QD. How did he not out perform QD. Beside the fa t that JG was by far the most outspoken leader on the team after he took the starter position.

Reactions: 2 people
Wouldn't shock me.

Actually there is no favorite right now per JP.

Secondly, JG is a DT QB. Helton's USC offense catered to pro style pocket passers. That's not exactly JG's skill set.

Not saying QD is, but pretty sure that QD, JG, and even JT will all get equal time in the spring for starting QB.

Wouldn't shock me.

Clearly outplayed? You lost me there. Neither of them were very well at all, and McBride looked as good as either of them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 8 people

I dunno, I still think O-line and WRs were the bigger problem with our passing game. That said, QD looked lost at times and in spite of being hailed as the "better decision-maker" pre-season, clearly had a weakness in his decision-making.

To me, that's one of the promising things about JG is that he mostly avoided very bad decisions in spite of being constantly pressured. He has a strong arm, as well. Feels like people have proclaimed him "terrible" simply because he didn't turn out to be the second-coming of Josh Dobbs when it comes to improvising on broken plays, but I see him as a solid pro-style QB. He'll look a lot better if we can bring in an O-line that actually protects him and get him some open receivers. He has the intangibles you want in a QB IMO.

Whether he can be a guy that can win an SEC Championship or even the East remains to be seen, but I'd say he showed a lot more promise than given credit for.

So when he leads all the stats except td passes(likely from lesser recievers and o line) and Int's which was the turnover machine QD. How did he not out perform QD. Beside the fa t that JG was by far the most outspoken leader on the team after he took the starter position.

Stats are misleading. Half of QD's picks were caused by the receiver messing up (cut route to short, got beat on a slant, dropped the pass and bobbled it to the defense).

The box stats don't show that, but QB gets all the blame.

JG was 0-4 as a starter. Now he wasn't solely responsible for that record, but he's winless as a starting qb for a SEC team.

Context isn't a friend to many on VolNation

Reactions: 17 people
Honestly, I don't think it is. Whether it was injury, distraction etc, QD just never looked comfortable.

I don’t think any QB would’ve looked comfortable behind that line. We can thank Lyle’s piss poor scheme for that. I agree with BOT that JG didn’t look any better.

Reactions: 1 person
The guys at PFF think JG is a superior QB by a landslide. I think you can point to more positives with Guarantano than any other QB. He throws the best ball out of any of them and with coaching he should be alright

JG doesn’t throw off his back foot into triple coverage which is big thing I look for in QBs. Dormady doesn’t pass that eye test

Last edited:

VN Store

Back