Pruitt, Fulmer, Helton and Friend Visit Cade Mays

I have not been impressed with their recruiting at all thus far. If they cant even get a legacy like Cade Mays, we are in trouble. And we only have a 50/50 chance to land a no-name QB who threw as many interceptions as he threw tds. That is our big plan at QB. God help us...

Go away

Reactions: 6 people
I have not been impressed with their recruiting at all thus far. If they cant even get a legacy like Cade Mays, we are in trouble. And we only have a 50/50 chance to land a no-name QB who threw as many interceptions as he threw tds. That is our big plan at QB. God help us...

They were hired with only a few months to establish relationships you clown

Reactions: 1 person

longsuffering: having or showing patience in spite of troubles, especially those caused by other people.

Butch & Co are gone, and with them, this recruit (for whatever reason).

Mays wants to win titles, not going to pry him away from 2 playoff teams within a week. But we certainly got Taylor back quickly and JJ Peterson named us his leader...look into Jacob Copeland as well

These guys have had about 5 minutes to establish relationships with these recruits and you're already making a thread about how unimpressed you are with their recruiting.. :thud:

Reactions: 4 people
Give them TIME!!! Think about it, they were hired the beginning of this month. You have to give them time to start recruiting, rome wasn't built in a day

longsuffering: having or showing patience in spite of troubles, especially those caused by other people.

Butch & Co are gone, and with them, this recruit (for whatever reason).

I think Mays would have eventually switched even with Butch here. When he committed we were on the rise, which was very much not the case by the end of this season.

What?:thud::)

Kevin Mays was known for his attitude. Much like you just read about Cade

Isn't having an "attitude" characteristic of a lot of successful O linemen in particular? All we heard about in pre-season was that Trey played "angry." Most great linemen are not pleasant on the field. They don't need to be Conrad Dobler, but aggression is their job.

I just wish Mays wanted to be a pathfinder rather than a path follower. Clemson, Georgia and OSU are already rolling. UT needs help and leadership. Smith (and others) came to UT to build something and he could use some help from talented kindred spirits. Mays is talented, but it doesn't look like he is a builder.

You and everyone else should expect a down recruiting class this year coming off of 4-8 and still have a smoldering dumpster fire that we put on for the country. You are not gonna get a top 10 this year. Maybe not top 20. It’s best you realize that now.

Reactions: 2 people
You and everyone else should expect a down recruiting class this year coming off of 4-8 and still have a smoldering dumpster fire that we put on for the country. You are not gonna get a top 10 this year. Maybe not top 20. It’s best you realize that now.

Heck, top 30 would be fine. Have open practice for a QB because it certainly does not look like we are getting a decent QB to commit this recruiting class.

Heck, top 30 would be fine. Have open practice for a QB because it certainly does not look like we are getting a decent QB to commit this recruiting class.

I'm a whole lot more concerned about OL and LB than QB. Otherwise, top 30 may be about right.

Donuts and Shoney's? Adjust your own, Duchess. Off the subject and seriously, Happy Holidays and have a wonderful New Year.

You apparently did not see that I employed the often used shot at Phil as a sarcastic response to a post suggesting that the current coach was drunk while recruiting. A poster has been triggered by the mere mention of the words "donuts" and "Shoney's" even though I directed nothing at Phil. No adjustment of my sarcasm meter is necessary, Your Highness.

I am not. I am lifetime fan and current student at UT. Being critical does not automatically make one a troll.

Welcome to the new world on Volnation! As Fulmer is now AD, if you say anything critical of anything related to football you are labeled a troll by many of the same folks who where critical of Jones, Hart and Currie.

Some who apparently were not satisfied with what they labeled mediocrity when the last regime was in charge are now embracing it as the norm with the new regime.

I did not expect us to hold onto the top 10 class with a change in the coach unless we ended up with a home rune hire - we didn't. I did not expect us to bottom out either - which is what seems to be happening. Maybe they can save face by the traditional signing period. But who knows. I had hoped that keeping Gillespie would help but so far it doesn't appear to be.

It is not just the record. It is the change in staff as well. Too much is unknown right now.

It is not like with Jones where at least there was a past as a HC for recruits to evaluate.

VN Store

Back