Juaun Jennings communication with Pruitt

Also, embarrassed his wonderful parents and all his Franklin County relatives.

With that said, letting him back on the team sends the wrong message.

Wish Juaun the best of luck in all future endeavors
Letting him back on the team has nothing to do with what we.. the fans feel. it is about how his teammates/coach feel.

If he is let back on team and teammates don't feel it. Bad start for coach and bad chemistry.

If they (team) wants him back and coach does not give him a chance then it leads to a similar but less problematic result.

If he is not let on team because fans don't like it but coach and teammates do worst possible outcome.

End of day how we feel does/should not matter. his performance on the field and if he even works out matters a lot less than the move from a team chemistry perspective.

Oh BS. Going on a YouTube rant is stupid and should be punished but is it worse than a player drinking underage, fighting, smoking pot, stealing, etc? Idk what all Jennings has done but if the video was all then I think dismissing him from school is a little harsh.

Yeah, it is worse than some of the things you mentioned. A 20 year old having a beer or two is nowhere near as bad as his social media rant. Having a recreational puff in the off season is nowhere near as bad as that f'ing rant.

The fact that you grouped all those behaviors together disqualifies you from having any sort of qualified opinion on the matter. As a result, people like you should be extremely thankful for the first amendment

Reactions: 1 person
Jennings seems to suffer from a lack of self control, self awareness, and self discipline. There are most likely better options for TN to have on the receiving end of the hummed taters. I won't be critical of CJP is he decides to take yet another chance on JJ. Hope he's switched to defense if he is reinstated though.

I optimistic that Pruitt will let JJ work his way back on the team. I don't approve of the kids actions but we all did stupid things at his age. He loves TN and he has been a human highlight reel on the field. He didn't rob a gas station desecrate a corpse.

Well, there's THAT!

Obviously you can’t let a student athlete do what JJ did. You just can’t tolerate that stuff. If you do that stuff with CJP I think we’re learned enough already about him that won’t work. There’s NO JUSTIFICATION for that. It was classless, stupid, and makes one wonder if he’s every past an English class in his life. NOW, moving forward it would take a HUGE amount of contrition and humility from JJ ( along with a detailed, written and signed plan of action) to even consider letting him prove over the next 6 months if he’d be allowed back. I PERSONALLY HOPE ALL THAT HAPPENS BY THE WAY AND HE COMES BACK. After all we should be in the business of rescuing kids like this and follow them through to maturity.

Obviously you can’t let a student athlete do what JJ did. You just can’t tolerate that stuff. If you do that stuff with CJP I think we’re learned enough already about him that won’t work. There’s NO JUSTIFICATION for that. It was classless, stupid, and makes one wonder if he’s every past an English class in his life. NOW, moving forward it would take a HUGE amount of contrition and humility from JJ ( along with a detailed, written and signed plan of action) to even consider letting him prove over the next 6 months if he’d be allowed back. I PERSONALLY HOPE ALL THAT HAPPENS BY THE WAY AND HE COMES BACK. After all we should be in the business of rescuing kids like this and follow them through to maturity.
You nailed it Hoss. He Fd up bad but he has owned it. He's sincerly sorry and it looks to me like he would do anything for another chance. He let his emotions cloud his judgement plain and simple.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J29G4QGyXr0[/youtube]

Pruitt seems to be a strict disciplinarian and I expect JJ won't be allowed back. UT needs some strict discipline, they've gotten weak and undisciplined IMO.

Pruitt has made it clear he's only focused on the future. That tells me, if JJ reaches out to him, JP will listen to what he has to say, and then make the best decision for the FB program moving forward. That's the way it should be IMO, be it good or bad for JJ.

My wife is a teacher. She says every kid is entitled to have a bad day once in a while.

He isn't going to court...erase the board, lay down Pruitt's law and move forward.

Jennings seems to suffer from a lack of self control, self awareness, and self discipline. There are most likely better options for TN to have on the receiving end of the hummed taters. I won't be critical of CJP is he decides to take yet another chance on JJ. Hope he's switched to defense if he is reinstated though.
aka the average guy in his late teens early 20's?

Don't understand why anyone would put stock in the decisions of the former regime.

Jones and most of his staff were Mickey Mouse cops playing football coaches.

Currie was a blithering idiot from all outward appearances of the coaching search.

Set some hard and fast bench marks that Jennings has to meet in the off season ( go to class, show improved grades, do some community service etc) and then make a decision in the Spring if he meets those benchmarks.

Use it as a teaching opportunity.

Biggest problem I had with it was Currie's decision to allow an interim Head Coach about to leave the program handle it while he was in the Bahamas. Its a permanent decision for the player, and with Hoke leaving soon Currie should have delivered the news face to face after suspending Jennings pending Currie's return. I felt this was classless and clueless handling of a personnel decision and a bad indicator of the man we had as our AD.

Events in the coaching search vindicated that belief.

Brady Hoke should have never had the authority to kick anyone off the team. I know Pruitt is pretty strict, I really hope he let's him back on.. Jennings was wrong for what he did, but he is human, and he wasn't lying.

He has to get another shot. period... and he'll get it! Heck, who wouldn't have blown a gasket at Butch Jones and those clowns!

I think he should have been kicked off and was given multiple chances.

He was reportedly found stoned out if his mind prior to the Game Tech game

He abandoned his team after the injury

He went on the bizarre internet rant after not being able to play QB???

Was arrested for drug possession

Was arrested for assault and theft

Lame duck staff or not, I think they were at the end of their rope with him.

It wouldn't be a second chance, more like an 8th chance
Being a highly talented WR with skill enough to excel in the NFL is not a license to lawlessness. As much as we need JJ's kind of talent, my guess is Coach Pruitt will not take him back because I read Coach as a character and law-and-order guy.

Reactions: 2 people
You nailed it Hoss. He Fd up bad but he has owned it. He's sincerly sorry and it looks to me like he would do anything for another chance. He let his emotions cloud his judgement plain and simple.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J29G4QGyXr0[/youtube]

Thanks for posting this where this less media savvy old timer can find it. He does show a lot of contrition so if CJP decides to give him another chance I am all for it. GBO!

Reactions: 2 people
Only worthy punishment should be to have JJ carry all of Curries office crap out the to the curb

My wife is a teacher. She says every kid is entitled to have a bad day once in a while.

He isn't going to court...erase the board, lay down Pruitt's law and move forward.

If this were his first and only transgression,I'd tend to agree with you. Not his first slip up. The one thing I don't understand is how you can abandon your mates all season long. No matter how pissed you are at the staff, you're a supposed leader on that team. Those are your brothers. How can you turn your back on them for any reason?

I know he's not a guy I'd want to share a foxhole with. Sorry, but it's a big hell no to allowing him back on the team.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back