Juaun Jennings communication with Pruitt

I was and still am somewhat against him coming back but, if the grades aren't there, indefinite suspension with access to the team ONLY if they agree. If he gets academically eligible for fall, let him back probationally.

And having said this, CJP may want his scholly for someone else.

Reactions: 1 person
Simple way to solve this:

Walk-On. Keep your mouth shut. Be a quiet leader by example. If he acts out treat him like any other walk-on, kick him off the team.

He more than earned a dismissal. He has to earn his way back on the team. There is no way you waste a scholarship on him. Not saying he couldn't earn one, but he should not be given one, he has used up all his credits. This is a life forming situation for him. Hope he can man up.

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah, hey kids warning, if you dont let us exploit you for millions and if you think about questioning the way we do it, we will ruin the rest of your life. Sounds like a good warning for kids that want to come here right?

Snowflake much?

Reactions: 4 people
If not for the catch against GA, most of you would not be lobbying for JJ period. He abandoned his team for an extended period of time when he was able to play and then showed up out of the blue and demands to play QB. I guess he miraculously healed overnight. He deserves less than he got IMO.

Just wondering with his apology and video saying he would work his way back and do his best to make it right...what are your thoughts volnation on if Pruitt would be open to the idea? We have all screwed up and after his time putting up with Butch he blew a gasket....i say we show mercy...but last I checked they don't have me on speed dial up in the AD.

I would be disappointed if they let this guy back onto the team. He wasn't at practice and they found him stoned out of his mind in his room. Then he acts like a punk-baby when Hoke et al won't waste time letting him play QB with a cast on his arm. Walks off the field and the team.

Then he publicly and profanely humiliates and disrespects himself, his teammates, his coaches, and the university with what he did in social media.

Nope. There are some things you just can't come back from.

I am all for second chances; for Jennings, he can find his fourth or fifth chance somewhere else.

Allowing him back after what he did would send absolutely the wrong message to the team.

That kind of behavior by any UT scholarship athlete cannot and will not be tolerated. Period.

I wish Jennings the best wherever he lands.

Snowflake much?

Nobody who runs out on that field knowing about the permanent brain damage they will undoubtedly sustain can be called a snowflake.

Jennings’ catches against Georgia and Florida last year alone brought in millions of dollars to the athletics department, and he got dismissed for calling out an interim coach on his bull****. If he wants to play I see no reason not to let him.

Nobody who runs out on that field knowing about the permanent brain damage they will undoubtedly sustain can be called a snowflake.

Jennings’ catches against Georgia and Florida last year alone brought in millions of dollars to the athletics department, and he got dismissed for calling out an interim coach on his bull****. If he wants to play I see no reason not to let him.

I'm thankful you aren't in charge of anything that matters in this world

Yeah. 'Pretty much the way I'm looking at this young man's situation. He did some dumb things and, without all those extenuating circumstances with his team falling apart, he should otherwise not be re-admitted to the roster. If he stridently adheres to criteria such as or similar to that mentioned above, then Mister Jennings could become eligible to reapply for his scholarship and brought back in, but only after a final review with AD Fulmer and CJP and Ms. Davenport, et al. Let's remember all the times Pig Howard was allowed back into the fold, only to fall back into his same old habits. History tends to repeat. Being outspoken as he is, Juan Jennings is capable of being either a team crippling tumor, or he could provide a lot of spark to this promising new chapter in UT Vols football. I have confidence (yet still with fingers crossed) in our two new leaders and their staffs. GBO!
agreed outside of the crapstorm that has been the past year i'd say move on but given all that i think there should at least be some direct conversation between and our new coach and let it work itself out.

JJ is an amazing player and Competitor. He was obviously frustrated as every member of VN has been for a while so though.. ill advised the outburst does fit into context. if he can say the words and his teammates accept his words I see no issue if he is let back on the team.

It should be up to the coach to give him the chance and for his teammates to accept it.

agreed outside of the crapstorm that has been the past year i'd say move on but given all that i think there should at least be some direct conversation between and our new coach and let it work itself out.

JJ is an amazing player and Competitor. He was obviously frustrated as every member of VN has been for a while so though.. ill advised the outburst does fit into context. if he can say the words and his teammates accept his words I see no issue if he is let back on the team.

It should be up to the coach to give him the chance and for his teammates to accept it.

Easy. He's nowhere near the ball park of top WRs ever at UT. Not even in the parking lot next to the ball park. He certainly isn't worthy of an "amazing player" label. That's a silly characterization of him

Reactions: 2 people
Like most of us said a few weeks back, the new coach and the (new) AD should have made the final call on this. Coach Gillepsie would be a good resource to use in this situation as well....

If CJP says he's gone, Ill support that...

CJP might want to discuss with some or all of the players...

Jennings did a ton more than on the video. It's not just a matter of apologizing for being stupid and posting that. If I was a teammate it'd be super tough to accept him back when he pretty much gave up on the team. For someone so talented and should be a leader, that shows a bunch of immaturity and lack of character. There are countless players on teams across the nation who may not agree with the coach, but they don't quit and make a social media rant blasting the staff/university with all that profanity. It's up to the team imo, but as someone who played a ton of sports throughout school, I would never want that kind of guy next to me. And as someone who saw Boom Williams go through a similar issue (minus the rant/injury issue), even if a player is great on the field, being a cancer in the locker room probably means they don't belong. But again, it's up to the people in charge.

Exactly right. This program needs a fresh start. We need to lay the groundwork for a new culture at UT. IMO, he not worth the risk. Too much water under the bridge. Turn the page and wish him well wherever he decides to go next. Would not allow him back.

All of those speculations came from the haslam mouthpiece hyams, to keep vol fans from revolting on Currie, i would be suprised if half of it was true.

Tennessee wide receiver Jauan Jennings booked on drug possession citation

Vols QB Jauan Jennings accused of assault, theft and vandalism | Times Free Press

Sorry, but there’s too much smoke to this guy. Reminds me of another talented WR on the team from about 12 years ago who couldn’t stay out of trouble. I can’t remember his name, but Fulmer eventually kicked him off the team and I think he played a season at Carson Newman.

I hope Jennings can wise up from this and get his act together.

Tennessee wide receiver Jauan Jennings booked on drug possession citation

Vols QB Jauan Jennings accused of assault, theft and vandalism | Times Free Press

Sorry, but there’s too much smoke to this guy. Reminds me of another talented WR on the team from about 12 years ago who couldn’t stay out of trouble. I can’t remember his name, but Fulmer eventually kicked him off the team and I think he played a season at Carson Newman.

I hope Jennings can wise up from this and get his act together.

I think you're thinking of James Banks

Yeah, hey kids warning, if you dont let us exploit you for millions and if you think about questioning the way we do it, we will ruin the rest of your life. Sounds like a good warning for kids that want to come here right?

Exploit you?

Well...keep posting with that mindset. See where it gets you. Any player who repeatedly fails to do what he agreed to when he signed on, gets to deal with his failure as in the real world.

He voided his own contract.

Best idea is upthread where he enrolls on his own dime, gets his academics right, asks to walk on and have an opportunity to work his way back.

That's all good and well, but the climate over there was a direct result of one, Lyle Jones.
The people responsible for his expulsion were fired (Currie and Hoke).
Because he broke the law? No. Because he went on a rant. And that was because he's passionate and could see first hand what dumbass lyle was doing.

The rant you claim was about what dumbass lyle was doing was made after dumbass lyle was fired, dumbass.

I'm gonna need to see the balance sheet on that revenue item.

LOL!

There may be more than meets the eye with JJ's rant. If he cut class since September (as some have speculated), Hoke may have been right.
On the other hand - Pruitt could be a great influence in JJ's life. If you listened to the presser - he requires kids to go to class, introduce themselves to the profs, sit in the front.

By golly, that is right out of the Pat Summit playbook, who had a 100% graduation rate. My sons freshman orientation at UT - the Provost said she always knew a Pat Summit student. If they missed class, Pat knew. This sort of discipline is the kind of thing that is needed up there.

BS

If he had cut class since Sept. He should have been off the team already. That rumor was simply started to defend hokes actions

Was talking about the poster but thanks for playing. CJP will make the play decision.

Oh, and the opinion expressed above makes you a snowflake too. Players get paid more than a lot of the hard working people on this board. And they damn sure have better insurance.

I think you're thinking of James Banks

James Banks was more talented and a better player than Jennings. Banks' problem was that he couldn't stay off of the hippie lettuce. His behavior while at UT is nowhere near the level of the bad behavior of JeJuan Jennings

So if Pruitt gave Jennings another chance, would you still support his decision?

And personally, I think he deserves another chance but it’s not my decision though.

I’m not the HC.

If he does get another shot it's based off information you nor I have. Saying he should or shouldn't without that info is an ignorant decision.

I optimistic that Pruitt will let JJ work his way back on the team. I don't approve of the kids actions but we all did stupid things at his age. He loves TN and he has been a human highlight reel on the field. He didn't rob a gas station desecrate a corpse.

VN Store

Back