Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miles is interesting (obviously if not gruden)

Does Miles line up with Phil's comments in the presser about understanding UT football and "wanting" to be here?

Good point. There arent "many" that do. Its a narrow selection pool with his choices of words, reading from a wrtitten well prepared statement.

Reactions: 1 person
Fulmer said in his presser that he wanted someone with HEAD coaching experience. Rules out Tee. Sorry not sorry.

He did not say that, he said "experience".

It will not be easy, and it will take some time, but we will succeed. We first must find us a coach who wants to be at Tennessee, who appreciates the unique opportunity that we have to offer at this very special place at this historical time and who is driven to win at the highest level of college football; the kind of head coach who will honor our University's values, will be proud to represent our state and be a role model for our student-athletes.
"I hope to be a stabilizing and unifying force through this, just because we do have some grey hair and lots of experience at this place, and sometimes when you're younger, you screwed it up so bad that you figured it out later. You don't make the same mistakes again.

Does Miles line up with Phil's comments in the presser about understanding UT football and "wanting" to be here?

Miles reportedly called the AD office several times to more less beg for an interview and Currie refused.

I don’t think he’s desperate by any means but I do think he would want to be here. He’s a good fit and he’s a teacher. It helps that he’s a bad ass recruiter.

Nothing aboutbthat says he wants an unproven guy. "I was not a head coach when I started...yo like experience...somebody that has been a head coach"

Nope. Tee can come, be glad to have him back, but not as HC

Don't want to set Tee up for failure. Give him path as OC and after first year, Coach in waiting.

How could he not understand UT football after being in the SEC all those years? He has contacted UT (reportedly)expressing his interest.

LSU fans are crazy too. He knows what he would be getting into!

Nothing aboutbthat says he wants an unproven guy. "I was not a head coach when I started...yo like experience...somebody that has been a head coach"

Nope. Tee can come, be glad to have him back, but not as HC

Phil is absolutely leaving the door wide open as he initiates his own chapter of the search. By saying "I was not a head coach when I started," he's saying that coordinators can find success, and so are potential candidates. By saying "more times than not, you like experience to come in..." he's saying that's important too.

He's leaving all options open at this point. If you read it as anything other than that, you're trying too hard to find something that isn't there.

Reactions: 5 people
Don't want to set Tee up for failure. Give him path as OC and after first year, Coach in waiting.

"Coach in Waiting" are just words that mean nothing and can cause more problems in the future. I too would like to see Tee come back, just not as HC at this time.

Reactions: 2 people
You question needs more clarification. Yes he was contacted. No, if wasn’t from Currie in a formal aspect.

Gruden was delivered and the package wasn’t signed for.

Tanks for the clarification...Perfect.

Final question for you DTO...do you think if JG is contacted today, will he take this job?

So does everyone think Fulmer is out on the search today?

I think he has probably devoted today to building the fences around his team and process. He's talking with the AD staff, assigning roles, establishing search parameters, the criteria to use in judging options, and forming a first list of priority candidates to approach.

Once that's done, he will probably make a few calls today to let those top candidates know that he'd like to talk with them in earnest tomorrow or early next week.

But he's going to keep all this quiet and in-house, because he doesn't want to distract from the SEC CG.

That'd be my guess.

Buddy’s Bandit;14798965 said:
Tanks for the clarification...Perfect.

Final question for you DTO...do you think if JG is contacted today, will he take this job?

I think they call and up the number a bit and see what he says...

Phil is absolutely leaving the door wide open as he initiates his own chapter of the search. By saying "I was not a head coach when I started," he's saying that coordinators can find success, and so are potential candidates. By saying "more times than not, you like experience to come in..." he's saying that's important too.

He's leaving all options open at this point. If you read it as anything other than that, you're trying too hard to find something that isn't there.

No I just read it. Plain and Simple. If you dont like what I read feel free to no longer comment.

Why? Because he doesn’t know anyone in the Colts or Broncos organizations? Come on now, let’s think about that.

What if Peyton has snuggled up to the Haslam family just to lull them into believing he is a valuable ally.

Behind the scenes, could it be possible he is working a back deal for ownership of the Browns if/when the franchise is stripped from Haslam?

I know, a stretch.

Or maybe it isn't a back deal against them. It could be a back deal WITH them. They own it without owning it with their partner Peyton in charge.

I know, shut it, Tasty.

There are a few saying Manning was truly supportive because if his GM aspirations and trust in business leaders like the Haslams. My gut says he was.

You and I were very skeptical of Currie but eventually gave in to support centered in "want to believe".
I'm sticking with gut feelings more and more.

I don't want to believe anything bad about Peyton. I know he's human and makes mistakes. I don't know what his aspirations for his future are or how he plans on achieving them. I'm good if he stays away from UT and everyone associated with UT until a coach is hired.

I will be more trusting and vocal concerning my gut feelings on UT administration and football, and less impressionable by others from this day forward. I have learned a few valuable lessons during this process.

Good to see you bro.

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back