So Phil is the leak that crushed the Schiano deal?

Here's the feedback I received. Leach was all set to accept the job when the administration pulled him back to Atlanta. Had Currie succeeded with the Leach hire, it could've saved his job. Fulmer wanted no part of that. He has been doing everything possible to undermine Currie and promote himself in the process. He actually approached the administration last week about becoming the head coach. When the Schiano situation happened, it was Fulmer's chance to pounce and stick it to Currie. So, instead of having a proven HC like Leach, we'll most likely have Tee Martin as our next coach. Nothing against Tee, but he doesn't have the experience to take on a job like ours. In in the end, it was Fulmer's ego that led us down this path. I hope he does well, but my fear is the journey through the desert will continue for years to come.

My friend who was helping with our search is moving on to work with the AD's at Oregon, Florida State, UCF, and Ole Miss. For those who didn't want Leach, be careful what you wish for.

I just read through all of your posts and it seems your buddy/neighbor was connected to Currie. Which would make me suspicious of this angle that Fulmer was undermining him and wanted to insert himself in as coach. Sounds like Curries viewpoint.

One thing I don’t get is one of your very first posts you gave a list that had two tiers. Schiano was listed in tier one but later you say your buddy/neighbor advised against Schiano who was in the first tier and then later again that Schiano grades out worse the Tee?

Why the inconsistency? This isn’t a gotcha question. I believe you have this friend that was hired by Currie. Just wondering how someone went from Tier 1 to grading out worse than Tee.

Reactions: 1 person
Here's the feedback I received. Leach was all set to accept the job when the administration pulled him back to Atlanta. Had Currie succeeded with the Leach hire, it could've saved his job. Fulmer wanted no part of that. He has been doing everything possible to undermine Currie and promote himself in the process. He actually approached the administration last week about becoming the head coach. When the Schiano situation happened, it was Fulmer's chance to pounce and stick it to Currie. So, instead of having a proven HC like Leach, we'll most likely have Tee Martin as our next coach. Nothing against Tee, but he doesn't have the experience to take on a job like ours. In in the end, it was Fulmer's ego that led us down this path. I hope he does well, but my fear is the journey through the desert will continue for years to come.

My friend who was helping with our search is moving on to work with the AD's at Oregon, Florida State, UCF, and Ole Miss. For those who didn't want Leach, be careful what you wish for.

I'm sure this is 100% verifiable, right?

This feedback seems to be clear that Fulmer is a POS. I wanted Fulmer canned way before he was, but I have a hard time believing he's so sleazy.

It would seem to make more sense that the power brokers who would want Currie out & Fulmer in may have worked to sabotage Currie. That's a different thing then Fulmer personally sabotaging Currie.

Its about getting the neoplastic Haslams out of control, Currie is their minion and it was time to take back our university from the Browns.

Yes, and more yes. Maybe not him sitting at the computer, but yes.
I say he was also part of the group that advised Haslam to go for Schiano.
May have even been part of the group leaking the Gruden narrative.
Created chaos and took advantage.

Dumb & Dumber III is looking for new talent and I see your totally qualified.

Johnny Majors would probably like to remind people how Fulmer got the coaching job.

Majors coming back from open heart surgery and taking a tennessee team ranked #4 nationally and losing to Arkansas, Alabama, and South Carolina in a 3 week span is how he lost the job

Reactions: 2 people
Majors coming back from open heart surgery and taking a tennessee team ranked #4 nationally and losing to Arkansas, Alabama, and South Carolina in a 3 week span is how he lost the job

Plus his loud mouth. Thought he was bigger than the program. He made some enemies at UT at the worst time.

I know I'm getting old and my memory sometimes fails me, but I remember that episode well. There were two open dates sandwiched in there somewhere. So the Vol faithful had to endure a 5-week span of a 3-game losing streak.

I have heard it from a fairly good source , it wasn't Fulmer, it was an
Associate AD:popcorn:

I don't know if Phil was the leaker or if he stabbed Currie in the back, but if he was in a position to see the train was off the track, and it has been for 10 years, I am thankful he grabbed control. I don't care how he did it.

If Fulmer was a sneaky, or as powerful as some would leave you to believe....he would have been AD the first time around. Only one person in this ordeal tried to hire coaches without telling anyone not once, but twice.

I have heard it from a fairly good source , it wasn't Fulmer, it was an
Associate AD:popcorn:

Listened to Dan Wolken today (The reporter who got the scoop). Wolken was on his normal anti-UT and anti Ole Miss brigade today and had some fairly pointed comments at Fulmer. Leads me to think it wasn't Fulmer that told Wolken based on the way Wolken spoke about Fulmer.

If Fulmer was a sneaky, or as powerful as some would leave you to believe....he would have been AD the first time around. Only one person in this ordeal tried to hire coaches without telling anyone not once, but twice.

If he were that powerful, he would still be the coach.

Joe Paterno once had four losing seasons in five years (one of them a 3-9 season) and managed to keep his job because he WAS that powerful. It took something a hell of a lot worse than losing football games to bring him down.

If Fulmer has influence now, it's because of all of the blithering idiots who have wrecked UT football since they forced him out. Even his post-National Championship career at UT looks great in comparison to that.

That and the half pint he'd kept in his pocket.

Johnny Majors would probably like to remind people how Fulmer got the coaching job.

That karma got balanced out and Phil took us where Johnny could not. Let's love them both.

Was this before or after the aliens abducted you and performed unspeakable experiments on you?

One of the biggest piles of BS ever posted on this site.

VN Store

Back