It's Les Miles

His National Championship was in 2007 which was his 3rd season. Calling that Saban's team is ridiculous. Calling Brohm a superior coach as a fact is even more ridiculous (at least so far). That would be called an opinion - not likely to be shared by very many.

I like how you only respond to certain pieces of my post. Do you dispute that Purdue chose Brohm over Miles? Why has no other team offered him a job since he was fired?

I like how you only respond to certain pieces of my post. Do you dispute that Purdue chose Brohm over Miles? Why has no other team offered him a job since he was fired?

No matter what part of your post he responded to, you're still an idiot for saying that Miles won a Natty with Sabans team. Before you criticize his post, I would get your own house in order.

Reactions: 3 people

I don't remember that, as I don't follow Purdue coaching searches. Also, we wouldn't necessarily hear about what he has been offered. That's a little presumptuous to say he hasn't been offered any. And it's not like Miles has been unemployed for very long. It's been 15 months.

Reactions: 1 person
1. We cant hire a current coach. We squandered too much money on Currie's buyout and Schiano.

2. Davenport said she wanted someone who had coached in the SEC before as did Fulmer.

It's Miles, and he totally sucks. Get ready to be right back here in three years.

I can't believe 4 people like this.

Reactions: 6 people

There is no comparison between Brohm and Miles right now. In 10 years maybe so. Brohm's claim to fame is going 6 and 6 and winning at with Petrino's player at a FBS school

1. We cant hire a current coach. We squandered too much money on Currie's buyout and Schiano.

2. Davenport said she wanted someone who had coached in the SEC before as did Fulmer.

It's Miles, and he totally sucks. Get ready to be right back here in three years.

1. We don't owe Currie any money when he gets fired for cause after the investigation.

1.b. We don't owe Schiano any money unless he can make a case for it in court. You really think Schiano is willing to go to court, where his possible role in the Sandusky affair could come up?

It may end up being Miles. But if it is, that won't be because of any financial issues on our side. We're doing absolutely fine in $$ terms.

wasn’t he interviewed several times for power 5 schools and they couldn’t afford his coordinators? Did Purdue really back off or did he back off because he was trying for Houston. At one time both he and Kiffin were options for Houston. They chose neither. So by that logic Kiffin shouldn’t be considered either.

Kiffin, Sumlin, Cutcliffe all coaches in the SEC...

No matter what part of your post he responded to, you're still an idiot for saying that Miles won a Natty with Sabans team. Before you criticize his post, I would get your own house in order.

Really? Resorting to name calling. I guess that’s what you do when you can’t backup your OPINION.

College football coaching search Les Miles would break the big guns out at Purdue

Les Miles eyeing Purdue job, wants 2 Alabama staffers as assistants, report says | AL.com

Would you like me to post anymore evidence?

Great attitude. Just what we need right now.

If you’re not pumped up after hearing Fulmer talk check your pulse
Fulmer was an abortion without Cutcliffe. I cannot believe you're giving Clappy a pass after torpedoing Mike Leach. Pathetic. You seriously don't deserve a team that wins. You should just play grabass and give yourself participation trophies.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Trust Fulmer. Stop freaking yourself out.

Really? Resorting to name calling. I guess that’s what you do when you can’t backup your OPINION.

College football coaching search Les Miles would break the big guns out at Purdue

Les Miles eyeing Purdue job, wants 2 Alabama staffers as assistants, report says | AL.com

Would you like me to post anymore evidence?

I actually didn't even make a comment about whether or not Purdue picked Brohm over Miles. I just said you needed to take care of your own business since the comment about Miles winning with Sabans players after three years was so ludicrous. But I shouldn't have called you an idiot. For that I actually do apologize.

wait, someone really wrote that Les won a National Championship with Saban's players?

bwahahahahahaha if that's not an agenda-driven statement then I don't know what is

Somebody please send Les a small sampling of the natural grass we have to offer on Shields-Watkins.

Davenport is trying to fire Currie with cause. It's unclear how much Schiano will be owed. Only Currie signed the Memorandum of Understanding.

Fulmer was an abortion without Cutcliffe. I cannot believe you're giving Clappy a pass after torpedoing Mike Leach. Pathetic. You seriously don't deserve a team that wins. You should just play grabass and give yourself participation trophies.

For the most part, he was better with Cutcliffe but...

1999: 9-3
2001: 11-2
2003: 9-3
2004: 10-3

...were some good years too.

Last edited:
Wanna bet? UT will pay every cent to Currie. There was no cause except he sucked at his job. The blame lies with Davenport for hiring the sorry ass who fired Frank Martin and couldn't get along with Bill Snyder while at K State. They will pay Schiano at least 5 million for dragging him through the mud. These recent escapades will cost us about ten million, way more than the buyout of most good coaches.

Sure I'll take your money. John Currie's MOU directly references Rick Barnes' MOU for a definition of 'for cause', which reads:

withcause.png

So the university can fire with cause as long as they are reasonable and consistent and act in good faith. He's been suspended with pay prior to the final determination where he can argue against being fired 'with cause' if he chooses to do so.

As far as Schiano goes, there was no fully executed MOU, and UT made zero comment on his alleged involvement in the Penn State rape scandal.

So, lucky for us, you have no clue what you are talking about.:good!:

Reactions: 2 people

Two SEC East Championships. Road wins over Fla and MIA as a 20 point underdog. Went to Atlanta in 04 even though he had to play 3 QBs two of whom were true freshman. Not even close to anyone's definition of "abortion".

1,Tennessee may not owe anything to Currie = show cause because he was insubordinate not doing what he was told. Or Schiano very little because Davenport did not sign Mou and he doesn’t want to bring it up if UT pursues to sue... Schiano doesn’t want to take this to court.
2. Fulmer did say that he started Head Coaching Tennessee when he was an assistant coach.

Tee is possible but Miles definitely in play as well.

VN Store

Back