So Phil is the leak that crushed the Schiano deal?

Here's the feedback I received. Leach was all set to accept the job when the administration pulled him back to Atlanta. Had Currie succeeded with the Leach hire, it could've saved his job. Fulmer wanted no part of that. He has been doing everything possible to undermine Currie and promote himself in the process. He actually approached the administration last week about becoming the head coach. When the Schiano situation happened, it was Fulmer's chance to pounce and stick it to Currie. So, instead of having a proven HC like Leach, we'll most likely have Tee Martin as our next coach. Nothing against Tee, but he doesn't have the experience to take on a job like ours. In in the end, it was Fulmer's ego that led us down this path. I hope he does well, but my fear is the journey through the desert will continue for years to come.

My friend who was helping with our search is moving on to work with the AD's at Oregon, Florida State, UCF, and Ole Miss. For those who didn't want Leach, be careful what you wish for.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Here's the feedback I received. Leach was all set to accept the job when the administration pulled him back to Atlanta. Had Currie succeeded with the Leach hire, it could've saved his job. Fulmer wanted no part of that. He has been doing everything possible to undermine Currie and promote himself in the process. He actually approached the administration last week about becoming the head coach. When the Schiano situation happened, it was Fulmer's chance to pounce and stick it to Currie. So, instead of having a proven HC like Leach, we'll most likely have Tee Martin as our next coach. Nothing against Tee, but he doesn't have the experience to take on a job like ours. In in the end, it was Fulmer's ego that led us down this path. He wants to pick his own coach. If Tee is the guy, I hope he does well, but my fear is the journey through the desert will continue for years to come.

My friend who was helping with our search is moving on to work with the AD's at Oregon, Florida State, UCF, and Ole Miss. For those who didn't want Leach, be careful what you wish for.

If there is any truth in that post, then hang on, its going to get uglier.

Here's the feedback I received. Leach was all set to accept the job when the administration pulled him back to Atlanta. Had Currie succeeded with the Leach hire, it could've saved his job. Fulmer wanted no part of that. He has been doing everything possible to undermine Currie and promote himself in the process. He actually approached the administration last week about becoming the head coach. When the Schiano situation happened, it was Fulmer's chance to pounce and stick it to Currie. So, instead of having a proven HC like Leach, we'll most likely have Tee Martin as our next coach. Nothing against Tee, but he doesn't have the experience to take on a job like ours. In in the end, it was Fulmer's ego that led us down this path. He wants to pick his own coach. If Tee is the guy, I hope he does well, but my fear is the journey through the desert will continue for years to come.

It wasn't about Fulmer. This was about ridding the university of Haslams influence. We can still go get Leach. Except now we don't have to endure the ignorance and influence of the Haslams and their ilk

Reactions: 7 people
It wasn't about Fulmer. This was about ridding the university of Haslams influence. We can still go get Leach. Except now we don't have to endure the ignorance and influence of the Haslams and their ilk

Still have work to do on ousting Haslam people. I think Beverly Davenport was also a Haslam pick.

Reactions: 2 people
Here's the feedback I received. Leach was all set to accept the job when the administration pulled him back to Atlanta. Had Currie succeeded with the Leach hire, it could've saved his job. Fulmer wanted no part of that. He has been doing everything possible to undermine Currie and promote himself in the process. He actually approached the administration last week about becoming the head coach. When the Schiano situation happened, it was Fulmer's chance to pounce and stick it to Currie. So, instead of having a proven HC like Leach, we'll most likely have Tee Martin as our next coach. Nothing against Tee, but he doesn't have the experience to take on a job like ours. In in the end, it was Fulmer's ego that led us down this path. I hope he does well, but my fear is the journey through the desert will continue for years to come.

Sounds scarily plausible and I could easily see Fulmer doing this. He worked heavily behind the scenes against Majors. Refused to hire coaches he even thought might be good enough to replace him (thus his barren coaching tree) and played a huge part in putting us into the downward spiral we still find ourselves falling through.

Reactions: 3 people
Sounds scarily plausible and I could easily see Fulmer doing this. He worked heavily behind the scenes against Majors. Refused to hire coaches he even thought might be good enough to replace him (thus his barren coaching tree) and played a huge part in putting us into the downward spiral we still find ourselves falling through.

You are spot on.

Reactions: 1 person
You are spot on.

This feedback seems to be clear that Fulmer is a POS. I wanted Fulmer canned way before he was, but I have a hard time believing he's so sleazy.

It would seem to make more sense that the power brokers who would want Currie out & Fulmer in may have worked to sabotage Currie. That's a different thing then Fulmer personally sabotaging Currie.

Last edited:

I'm sure that would be Currie's perspective.

From Fulmer's perspective, he has saved this program from further damage from Currie and the Haslam family for the time being.

settled-all-family-business.jpg

Anyone believing that Phil’s blood isn’t Tennessee orange doesn’t understand UT or has another agenda to push. I’m not a Phil fan but I have no doubt he loves UT and I trust that.

Did they fire Haslam too?

Anyone that refuses to get behind Phil and back him 110% should be forced to say so to Al Wilson’s face. Either Currie/Haslams hacks, Trolls or just not true VFLs. Get behind the man and thank Jesus he came in to clean up the mess

And you know all of this how? I'm so tired of everyone on here pretending to know something they don't. The Gruden threads are full of that.

And you know all of this how? I'm so tired of everyone on here pretending to know something they don't. The Gruden threads are full of that.

Read back through this guy's post history. He knew a lot of stuff the last 2-3 weeks before it went public. I'm guessing he may be his own "neighbor"

I don’t think Phil was in the loop. He probably found out when everyone else did. I feel like it was some low level AD staffer who knew it was a bad hire.

Probably an accountant or something random like that. Let’s call him Steve.

Thank you, Steve the Accountant, for saving Tennessee Football.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back