It's Les Miles

He averaged 10 wins a year over his entire time between OSU and LSU. Heck, I think his last 3 years at LSU he averaged 9 wins.

What killed LSU was their QB play. The only other knock you can have on Miles was his inability to get a quality QB the last 5 years.

He was also 9-3 if I recall against the EAST. It would take a year or two to get UT's talent up, but the would be a homerun in my book.

If Les is such a homerun hire why haven’t other schools picked him up yet? He has actively campaigned for multiple jobs. #dontschianomebro

I hope not. I know there are circumstances but I just can't get excited about a coach that got fired by another SEC school. We're a bigger program than that. At least we were until last weekend.

Well we saw what he could do with a Saban set up.

Lets see what he can do with a Fulmer, Kiffin, Dooley, Jones set up.

6-6 is my guess

Reactions: 1 person
1. We cant hire a current coach. We squandered too much money on Currie's buyout and Schiano.

2. Davenport said she wanted someone who had coached in the SEC before as did Fulmer.

It's Miles, and he totally sucks. Get ready to be right back here in three years.

Maybe you should look at Miles record in the SEC, I would take him over any coaches we have contacted.

I think that Tee will somehow be eased into the head coach position. Maybe be the OC for a transitional head coach like Miles or another retired guy.

Miles might hire some decent assistants and land some talent on name alone.

No chance he wins any championships in what's left of his coaching career. The game passed him by. No rational thinking people wanted him two weeks ago and rightfully so. We are willing to settle for it now because of all that has happened and no other reason.

And honesty, as long as he brings some stability, I'm fine with it for the time being.

Bama Fan here.

LSU made a huge mistake firing Les. While I'm happy coach O is in charge cause he an idiot. It was crazy to let him go, but that is the SEC.

To those who say he got fired in SEC... He basically couldn't beat Bama... How many teams have beaten Bama since Saban showed up.

He could not find and develop a QB.

Based on what PF said Tee isn't coming cause he wants someone with experience. Les would be a great hire for your school if you bring in the right coordinators and a good QB coach.

Reactions: 5 people
1. We cant hire a current coach. We squandered too much money on Currie's buyout and Schiano.

2. Davenport said she wanted someone who had coached in the SEC before as did Fulmer.

It's Miles, and he totally sucks. Get ready to be right back here in three years.

Derek Dooley

...and you can't spell Les Miles without S M E L L S, but I like the guy.

OP. He went 114–34 while coaching in the SEC W...... Please check yourself. If you dont want that guy to coach our team take your orange and go burn it.

Reactions: 3 people
Great use of your new thread-creating authority.... ??
Fulmer and Davenport both said they wanted a coach with SEC head coaching experience. Besides Miles, who else is there that fits that mold? Tommy Tubberbille? I'd rather have him than Miles. I could live with Ears. Houston Nutt? Nope. Don't want him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Fulmer and Davenport both said they wanted a coach with SEC head coaching experience. Besides Miles, who else is there that fits that mold? Tommy Tubberbille? I'd rather have him than Miles. I could live with Ears. Houston Nutt? Nope. Don't want him.

that is not at all what he said. He said we often want a coach with experience, but that he was not a HC when he got hte job. He left the door open to select the right individual.

VN Store

Back