Official Lane Kiffin thread 1

2009 Tenessee vs # 21 South Carolina - YouTube
Go watch the first 5 minutes of that. Man thats exactly what we need. We need the swagger back that I remember UT had growing up.

I think it would probably be a good to great hire. Lane appeared to love it at UT, and he was bringing swagger back to our ailing program. People forget how down we were at the time, but how that was all quickly forgotten when he proved to be a solid recruiter and an energizing coach. Anyone who has seen the Vols play this year knows this team needs a passionate leader who will create team leaders, and who will ignite the youthful, internal flames of desire to win football games. The man left for his dream job and it didn't work out. He burned us when leaving, so we're owed an apology for it. Can he atone? It's possible. I remember thinking that anything was possible with Lane as HC. I imagined then that he could keep bringing in top talent and coaching them up. The players at the time played with intensity and hunger to win. They would have killed someone for their coach if he asked them to. They loved him. He was a players coach. I think he was on the right track at UT, then he made a dumb decision that proved to be a terrible decision. It was exciting when he was there, and he felt like a good fit when he was captain of the ship. He's older and wiser now. I would give him a chance if he wanted to come back.

Reactions: 1 person
Witch Doctor hope we can get someone as good as Kiffin. As the slow truth starts to sink in, no good coach or up and coming coach is coming. This place is a horrible job and he was the 7th or 8th candidate. Witch Doctor said it early and often, better get Kiffin or we are in for a loooooonnng dry spell. Buckle up

BNL

Ps even Johnny Majors sees it.

Reactions: 4 people
Witch Doctor hope we can get someone as good as Kiffin. As the slow truth starts to sink in, no good coach or up and coming coach is coming. This place is a horrible job and he was the 7th or 8th candidate. Witch Doctor said it early and often, better get Kiffin or we are in for a loooooonnng dry spell. Buckle up

BNL

Ps even Johnny Majors sees it.
Witchie keep coming back in here put a spell on Currie
Let's get this done.

Witchie keep coming back in here put a spell on Currie
Let's get this done.

Witch Doctor notice some have been cursed with the "butthurtoverGruden" spell. lol. Witch Doctor say Vol fans need to snap back to reality and see who we CAN hire over who we WANT to hire. they dont align. lol

BNL

Reactions: 2 people
Short memories. We got hit with “lack of institutional control” from Kiffin’s Time here, which his leaving saved us from. I like Lane, but Majors has a better shot at second go around in Knoxville before Lane, and he’s 80 years old

Last edited:
Talking about Kiff on FB right now, I think he is getting to be the leading candidate!

Witch Doctor say hes not everyones first choice but right now hes our best. IF we dont get him, we are going to have to Google everything about the next one..We are talking Div II or some old timer just looking for a nest egg and dont care.

BNL

Let's start a protest. Tell em we're all gonna kneel until they hire Lane Kiffin. I'll burn my "***** Kiffin" t-shirt when they do.

Witch Doctor say hes not everyones first choice but right now hes our best. IF we dont get him, we are going to have to Google everything about the next one..We are talking Div II or some old timer just looking for a nest egg and dont care.

BNL

:whistling: Have to google every hire UT makes anymore...cept basketball.

Short memories. We got hit with “lack of institutional control” from Kiffin’s Time here, which his leaving saved us from. I like Lane, but Majors has a better shot at second go around in Knoxville before Lane, and he’s 80 years old

Who you got then? I want to hear your best option and then we will compare. Yes he had issues but we were a hell of a lot better at that time even at 7 and 6 then this half run joke we are having to go through at present

The uproar when he left... you would have thought Sherman was going to burn Knox. I hope he doesn’t come back because he will set y’all back even further. He will give you some good years, but bounce either before he is forced or when the greener grass starts to grow

Let's get on board the Lane Train

What if Currie is actually a genius and this is all part of his master plan? What if he "unofficially" hired Schiano knowing that it would rile up the fans and ultimately cause Mr. Schiano and UT to part ways before it ever became official? Then the fans who would have otherwise been against hiring someone like Kiffin are willing to give him a chance due to the fact that he's one of our only few viable options left...

It's the only explanation

One thing if he does come back we will not have to hear that damn resilient bs daily and he will at least go for the kill and not *****foot around like this last too hoo

The uproar when he left... you would have thought Sherman was going to burn Knox. I hope he doesn’t come back because he will set y’all back even further. He will give you some good years, but bounce either before he is forced or when the greener grass starts to grow

If Kiffin leaves for another job after Tennessee, then that means he would have done enough here to actually make himself a more attractive candidate (meaning we are winning again).

Last edited:
Kiffin is the only one that would be both a splash hire and one who would take the job... he understands tennessee I could careless what he did in the past he was following his dreams.... he would be our best hire right now

This.... i was against it at first, but after yesterday, bring him on..

VN Store

Back