Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not the fans fault good gracious, that's for sure. This fan base has been there through it all, there is no denying that and nobody can. The fans don't control the goings on at UT and how they do things, but maybe it's time their say gets out there. Perception is not reality here, Currie and Haslam did it to themselves. They could have squashed Gruden if it wasn't happening said they tried and moved to the next man. NO they went after someone that isn't worthy of coaching period. Don't blame this on the FANS, the blame is at the feet of UT. Shiano was never going to have the support and anyone with a brain could have predicted that

By not squashing Gruden rumors it gave him distance to go after their guy, they absolutely did this to themselves!

Currie made it clear that he was not going to comment.

Many came to this thread and brought the idea to temper expectations.

The faction of fans that kept the gruden hype going and harshly rejecting any counter thought must take the hit for the huge gruden let down.

Completely tired of the “fan base” argument.

We want and expect to relevant in college football. If that means we suck as a fan base then we should wear that badge with honor.

Mediocrity should never be accepted here.

This and after listening to pawl Finebum I cant be the only person her that wants to throat punch him . I know he gets paid to voice opinions but I’d be happy if he and Herbie just forgot Tennessee existed and stick with what they are invested in .. BAMA AND OSU

Reactions: 1 person
Reactions: 5 people
Currie made it clear that he was not going to comment.

Many came to this thread and brought the idea to temper expectations.

The faction of fans that kept the gruden hype going and harshly rejecting any counter thought must take the hit for the huge gruden let down.

Please understand that the backlash yesterday was NOT because they were hiring a coach not named Gruden.

Reactions: 2 people
Hard to believe... the owner of Casual Pint Northshore (Chris Owens, @flyerwarriorTN) is an OSU fan and tweeted yesterday (responding to someone who responded to Herbstreit): "I'm a Buckeye living in Knoxville. Tennessee is so messed up. I hope they never win another SEC game. Go Bucks!"

He has seen deleted the tweets, but screenshots are out there.

How dumb do you have to be?

His business will definitely take a hit

Hyams just said he strongly believes Peyton not only endorsed this hire but worked with Currie on getting Schiano.

Peyton is dead to me.

How has everyone not figured out who is pulling Jimmy Hyams' strings??

Now suddenly he is all knowing?

Peyton has been the mastermind behind Gruden to UT from the very beginning.
Not a chance he agreed to Schiano.

Currie, Davenport, and especially Haslam have to be removed from UT athletics. Today.

As someone said before the fan base is not united on who the next coach should be, WE ARE united on that GS should NOT be the next coach which makes me very happy.

I just hope this is enough to push the Haslams out of the AD and into academics where they belong.

We could have hired 10 other guys not named schiano and this sh** would not have hit the fan like it did yesterday. We Gruden folks might not have liked it but it wouldn't have ended in protest. WE ARE SICK OF MEDIOCRITY

Passionate fans are not the problem

Eh, maybe not, but passionate, dumb, and loud fans can absolutely be a problem.

What you are seeing is confirmation bias in the media. UT has long been considered an unusually irrational and entitled fan base. That does make this job less attractive to candidates on the whole. I mean we literally had people feverishly ridiculing anything to do with Dan Mullen, or anyone who thought that would be an okay hire, for instance. We’re about to be shown that he is a very competent coach, every year.

On the other hand, the fanbase’s response to Currie stumbling and fumbling his way into Greg Schiano as the apparent first choice to resurrect a program that has been on life support for a decade, is not the best argument to support the perception that UT fans are terrible. That hire was terrible on several levels and UT fans actually spoke out.

Reactions: 3 people
Someone quoted LWS from TOS -

Schiano was the #1 guy 2 weeks ago.

Unbelievable.

This is even more painful. It’s not like we swung and missed. We didn’t even step up to bat. Shame on you, Currie and shame on Davenport for accepting this.

Knowing Gruden was never a viable option allegedly. We may never know if he was even asked. But where do we go from here? I think before we look for a head coach we need to clean house in A D dept. Get someone in there with Tennessee ties and has thier best interests at heart. I know Doug Dickey had his faults but you couldn’t push him around and he was no puppet

Why is this being discussed in a gruden thread?

Why isn’t it?

Also, word was that he was a unifying for for JG. Also(x2), it’s been said he hates Schiano.

Now to hear he was tying to sell the BoT on Schiano? I don’t think all of these things can coexist.

Reactions: 1 person
Why isn’t it?

Also, word was that he was a unifying for for JG. Also(x2), it’s been said he hates Schiano.

Now to hear he was tying to sell the BoT on Schiano? I don’t think all of these things can coexist.

This has nothing to do with gruden.

This and after listening to pawl Finebum I cant be the only person her that wants to throat punch him . I know he gets paid to voice opinions but I’d be happy if he and Herbie just forgot Tennessee existed and stick with what they are invested in .. BAMA AND OSU

Guys like Finebaum do whatever it takes to stir the fire. Right now the easiest route to guarantee that people tune and listen is to continue to run Tennessee through the mud. Negative news sells.

Herbie just appears to be tone deaf to the argument the majority of us are making. It is beyond me why refusing to want someone even associated with the PSU scandal is being viewed the way it is. I guess that scandal isn’t as big as a red flag as most sane people think it should be.

No, responding to comments related to my comment is a common event in threads.

No, I think you are only here to stir crap. Copy and paste of what you just said in a previous post....

"The faction of fans that kept the gruden hype going and harshly rejecting any counter thought must take the hit for the huge gruden let down"

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back