OL ???
DL Strip
LB D. Jones
DB T. Fair

Manager Thomas
QBC C. Clausen

**Thats the son not the father**

Strong group of guys if true

Houston Kress tweeted something interesting.

It's a gif of a man standing on a cliff over looking the ocean. The man pulls his hand up near his brow line as to block the sun while looking out in the distance.

Humpback-Whale.jpg

Reactions: 5 people
Austin Thomas would do what exactly?

His stated goal is to get to be an NFL gm as quickly as possible. I'd imagine if he's here it will be in a similar title to what he currently has at LSU. Which is also a GM title. His job involves scouting, recruiting and setting up satellite camps for LSU.

Huge concern to me that others are dismissing is the Miles ties. He's very much a Miles guy, so much so that he only stayed at USC for 10 weeks before deciding to return to be on Miles' staff in 2016. His decision to return to LSU centered on personal ties to the staff and Miles convinced him that continuing to work with him was his fastest route to the NFL.

I don't recall hearing his name connected to Gruden before, but others have stated there were rumors flying around that Gruden wanted him. I've not went back and looked through every thread, but he's not a name that I remember in the Dale Jones, Tee, etc Gruden reaching out rumors. If someone has a quick way to find those posts mentioning Thomas from weeks ago, I'd love to see them.

Reactions: 1 person
"It is fun to start the day off with a birdie, maybe I'll start next week off with an eagle." The Eagle has landed, boys!" ~The Beav

Decoding...

Eagle is 2 under par. Eagle is under.

Eagle Under.

eliminating double letters:

eagl undr

scramble them around.

gruden ... al

al gruden

all Gruden.

Clear as a bell.

Reactions: 14 people
His stated goal is to get to be an NFL gm as quickly as possible. I'd imagine if he's here it will be in a similar title to what he currently has at LSU. Which is also a GM title. His job involves scouting, recruiting and setting up satellite camps for LSU.

Huge concern to me that others are dismissing is the Miles ties. He's very much a Miles guy, so much so that he only stayed at USC for 10 weeks before deciding to return to be on Miles' staff in 2016. His decision to return to LSU centered on personal ties to the staff and Miles convinced him that continuing to work with him was his fastest route to the NFL.

I don't recall hearing his name connected to Gruden before, but others have stated there were rumors flying around that Gruden wanted him. I've not went back and looked through every thread, but he's not a name that I remember in the Dale Jones, Tee, etc Gruden reaching out rumors. If someone has a quick way to find those posts mentioning Thomas from weeks ago, I'd love to see them.

Blackburn is the common denominator.

Why was I? Context is important.

Here's one to jog your memory

Carl Pickens said:
there's a greater chance of Bigfoot being captured than Gruden coming to UT. I'm sick and tired of listening to all of this ridiculous Grumors BS.

Me too and people are still believing we will be eating crow. The only bird I will be eating is left over thanksgiving turkey sammich's.

Reactions: 9 people

Maybe Miles has been the target and he is assembling a staff of former VFL’s. Hmm.

Reactions: 1 person
BOOM

Haven't heard crap this week until now. I am proud to say that Tennessee's next head coach is Jon Gruden.

Thanks my man:good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!::good!:

I'm baffled on how UT can announce a coach next week if its not Gruden, Kelly, or Stoops. The obscene amount of $$$ for renovations that got approved would suggest they know they are gonna sell out every game for the next 5 years. Those 3 are the only realistic options.

Why? People don't pledge that amount of cash without a safety net. Those 3 are safety nets. I can put Petersen and Patterson in that category, but there's no way Currie could get a MOU signed by a sitting coach. HearforGrumors...chime in on that if you can. Can sitting coaches agree to a MOU whilst employed elsewhere? And even if they could sign one, how have they had time to meet with Currie during the season to hammer out the details?

So, Kelly said no interest, then it was reported UT had no interest. If you hear 10.3 million contract figures for Gruden...why would you dare say UT was out of the running when you could scare the dickens out of UCLA and FLA with those numbers and hike your pay? No agent would. Stoops is done. Doesn't want stress/health to mess with his retirement...at least that what it looks like.

Up and comers...Mullen, Frost, etc. Why would UT throw those guys a huge figure that would ensure a contract? We can get all those guys cheaper than that.

Leaves Gruden. Now assuming ESPN is on the fritz and he is iffy about the NFL from political reasons, viewership, etc., what better option does he have than UT, especially if UT is ready to give him a blank check and the keys to the program?

As I've said before...if Gruden isn't announce by next Friday...my hopes are in free-fall.

I’ve been saying for days. Announcement less than 48 hours after Currie gets back means Gruden! Every 24 hours after that we loes 10%.

Im curious as to why so many Tennessee guys.
I know he loves UT but why do they have to be UT guys?

At least the overall tone of the day is positive.

It will be over...soon.

Ill say Im at 50% confidence in getting Gruden because I see a lot of Mullen smoke.

His name has been a constant in this search from day 1.

Jon Gruden's has too though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back