Official Jon Gruden Thread 37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does he usually tweet so visibly about it?

That's not a Tweet. It's some other social media that I don't use. His Twitter account is private at this time. He hasn't Tweeted anything since 11/8/2017.

To answer your question.... no. Usually tailgates and hooks up with old friends.

Reactions: 1 person
You think your slick but you are due for a greasin.

So now you’re going all deliverance on me? Straight from music to movies. Like I said you have zero inside knowledge of anything. It’s a straight game and you’ve catfished some of these folks, but not me. Keep on singing brother.

Wow, gotta give Currie his props here. He seems to be taking a very calculated, methodical approach to this coaching hire. So we can all rest a little easier until the season ends. Then we cam either be happier than Charlie Weis at the Nathans Hot Dog eating championships or sulk into the pit of misery.

Missing on Gruden wouldn't be the end of the world if we got the right hire. I'd be over the moon for Patterson. Mullen would be underwhelming but the upside is he knows the SEC, unlike Butch and I suspect he could do very well for himself with the resources at UT.

This is old news. I seen this already this morning.
Just got this text from a friend who is quoting JAV from TOS.... let’s hope he’s as lost as the rest of us.

“I'm hardly the first to say this but I've been asked about it a ton. Jon Gruden will not be the HC at UT. Definitive no and we are moving on. There were always hurdles to hire him. We tried to go over, under and around those hurdles but it is not going to happen in the end. This is NOT a failure by UT administration. It just comes down to a guy that does not want to coach college football. There is no reason to be angry, downtrodden or depressed about this. There are very good football coaches who are interested in coming here. We need to celebrate that truth and get ready for the next opportunity to be a great football program again. I would also caution listening to anyone who claims AD sources in all of this. Any talk is coming from boosters and other coaches. Currie isn't leaking anything. That means that info is going to be hard to come by, even for the very best of journalist

Copy and paste above ^^^^^^
If no one should listen to AD sources or boosters who’s telling this guy anything?

Last edited:
Can this fan base wait until after vandy for an announcement?

There are a lot of planes that will land at TYS between now and then :)

Missing on Gruden wouldn't be the end of the world if we got the right hire. I'd be over the moon for Patterson. Mullen would be underwhelming but the upside is he knows the SEC, unlike Butch and I suspect he could do very well for himself with the resources at UT.

No. No. No. Take that Mullen trash out to the dumpster with this bag of trash.

So now you’re going all deliverance on me? Straight from music to movies. Like I said you have zero inside knowledge of anything. It’s a straight game and you’ve catfished some of these folks, but not me. Keep on singing brother.

Yea your the catcher. Call me brother again and I have a hotel for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back