Official Jon Gruden Thread 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twitter

...supposedly for a funeral

I know this sounds complicated, (and maybe there's an easier way), but to embed a tweet, just paste the ending numbers from the tweet URL between these brackets (minus the spaces) [ twitter ][/ twitter ]

l2dNwsM.jpg

[twitter]931190574996213761[/twitter]

Reactions: 2 people
He's just too damn cool. I bet he sleeps really well at night. I've been playing golf for 46 years and I've played all over the country. I just hope he's a scratch golfer. If not, he should be :rock::rock:

Jupiter’s temple is in Rome. I don’t think he’s in Rome. Jupiter was the Roman version of Zeus....the lightening god. Maybe sparks are flying. Who knows with beaver. I hope he gives us a cliff notes of all this after the fact

I can't believe I am taking the time to write this -- the pace this thread moves at, it's like pissing into the wind. :)

Here are my thoughts, as someone in Florida I am "outside the bubble" and for that reason I feel I can be a little more objective:

1. This thread is great! Definitely provides a great distraction from actual Tennessee Football

2. The constant "Is this guy legit?" after anyone posts anything of "value" is so stupid. This is an "anonymous" message board, literally ANYONE can register and post. To make it even crazier, the people asking are screen names that I've never seen before. There are hundreds of people posting in this thread and THOUSANDS reading! -- Anonymous people calling out anonymous people, and then being defended by other anonymous people is almost the definition of insanity.

3. To those that post information, THANK YOU! I truly believe that anyone posting info (that has been around for years with numerous posts) are legitimately sharing what they "have been told" -- which we all know may or not be "true"

4. Those that think VFLs would INTENTIONALLY troll our fanbase are nuts. What would that do to them and their reputation with our fanbase. They, like us love TENNESSEE football (and the University) and just wouldn't do it. Now, could they be sharing info that someone else told them (validity unconfirmed)? Of course! They're just like us! -- CRAZY THOUGHT: They may be getting their "insider info" from THIS THREAD! -- They tweet it, and then it gets REPOSTED back here as "verification" -- ENOUGH TO MAKE YOUR HEAD SPIN! LOL

5. I personally believe, based on what I've seen here (using my own judgement) -- and things I've heard from people off-line, that we in fact have our man, and the deal is signed.

6. This is the point where it will get very quiet -- Currie wants to do it on his schedule, Gruden may be dictating that schedule due to his current employer, etc... I would imagine that there are specifics being floated (exact numbers/names/dates/times) that are different to different people in a way to be able to IDENTIFY THE LEAKER(s).

7. There are probably like 3 people on this planet that KNOW THE ACTUAL TRUTH. That doesn't mix well with a rabid fanbase and a thread that is being posted in 24/7 every 10 seconds or so. ;)

Just my opinion, TIFWIW.

GO VOLS!

Thank you for saving me the time of typing this. The waiting and silence are going to result in a lot of stress and bad assumptions. Let's try not to completely consume ourselves in the meantime.

Reactions: 1 person
Heh, wow, Jake, you veered back and forth all over that road. "As soon as the ink is dry, you announce...unless you have a good reason not to...oh, and here's one good reason not to that I just thought of...but really, you announce immediately."

The little old lady in the 1985 Volvo right behind you is scared to death of what you'll do next. :)

Just getting my thoughts out. Not going to speak in absolutes on this particular topic...

I sent Chuck a donation as well. Several of us (RobtNAtl, Vol12 and a few others) met with TennStud before the NC game and again for dinner at Morton's the night before the SEC Championship game against LSU. Vol12 let my son and I take his 911 for a spin before one game. I think that site took a big hit when Chuck sold it and another when Jumpmaster faded away and really collapsed after TennStud passed. He was a jewel.

This site reminds me a little bit of the old Gridscape. Lot's of really good people here. I like it--a lot.

We met with TennStud before a game, too. Was it in his hotel room?

My last Grude-o-meter reading was at 50% that is based upon someone I know personally and trust and not on anything I read on any internet board poster that I do not know, nor have ever met.

I have decided that all my readings will be based on that and that alone...... I should be seeing him later today and will ask for an update, if he gives me more information I will increase of decrease depending only upon what he says...

Good luck guys, and I Hope we land the "White Whale"

Coasty Grude-0-meter 50%

Last edited:
The Beav on Twitter:

@ErikAinge3 - You think it is good that Bama has Saban but the Vols should be fine with settling for a mid tier coach? That mindset explains why you are the most forgettable QB at UT while the most memorable is GETTING IT DONE!
He is another example of fiction. I would be happier than anyone if we get Gruden But I am not fool enough to believe this Beaver fellow who is proportedly an insider. Would any rational person believe that a highly connected and influential person would ever expose themselves like this Tweet to EA? If he was a runner in the big game his peers would figure out rather quickly who he was and he'd be in big trouble. Really journalist write their real name and insiders do not have time to tweet EA and troll message boards, unless they have been put out to pasture and are no longer insiders.

Reactions: 3 people
Houston Kress Tweet:
Listened to the entire interview. Nothing but Seahawks/Falcons talk....

...UNTIL OUT OF NOWHERE Gruden says, "I hear Brock's heading out to Knoxville. He gonna sing that song. I love that song. Rocky Top!"

And he asked NOT to be asked about the UT job🤔

Very very interesting.

Probably thought nobody would hear it in these parts. The podcast isn't available yet, but I would love to hear the context in which he said it.

Zero chance he thought that. Negative 1000 percent. He knows by now, if he didn't know before, how insane this fanbase is and how on everything Vol Twitter is the second it happens. No. Way.

And he literally just brought up Brock Huard going to Knoxville out of nowhere and how he loves Rocky Top. Complete non-sequitur.

Go golf‏
@VolsScotchGolf
Following Following @VolsScotchGolf
More
20 years ago Tennessee was a lion that all feared. Today we are the lowest on the food chain and the laughing stock of College Football. If I have to hurt some feelings to shake you all of this mediocre spell then so be it.

Sooo many Jackals an Hyenas. sometimes the lion has to remind them who he is.

Brother, you couldn't move me if you were standing right next to me. You would be running the FO. Internet tough guy...real life ___.

Yeah, see historically, real mean like you try and portray yourself to be, don't typically white knight for people like Ainge. Tells everyone all they need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back