Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Would you mind changing your avi? If not, that is fine, but I wanted to make the request. :)

Reactions: 3 people
"The overtures to Jon Gruden, a Super Bowl champion coach, the NFL’s most recognizable broadcast voice and one-time UT assistant coach in the 1980s, are very real and much further along than at any point in any of Tennessee’s previous courtships to the mega-star football mind.

Six different sources, ranging from current coaches to former all-time great Vols to college administrators, in the past 72-96 hours tell me that Gruden is far more seriously considering this Tennessee offer than ever before; so much so that Gruden is making some preliminary calls to coaches and other college athletics folks about potentially joining him in Knoxville."
This is straight from John Brice. He also went on to say Gruden will be making his third trip to Knoxville this weekend.

Reactions: 2 people
Adrian Martinez on WNML said Currie told him it will not be hours but it will be within days, lots of work, a leader who will get the program back where it needs to be. Said things were going to be good. Positive message. Have confidence in him.

Martinez said he's now confident something will happen soon. Said the clock is ticking for him and it was a confidence booster to him to hear that from Currie. Said Currie said if there's not a new football coach in place soon that there'd be a new AD.

FYI by "soon" he meant early signing period/December 20th I believe. So not this week soon like you're alleging.

Reactions: 1 person
DISCLAIMER: I'm full Gruden. I've been full Gruden since 2012. I was very disappointed when Lyle Jones was named our head coach. I'm elated that he no longer occupies space on The Hill.

I keep hearing Frost from different people (here and other places). I do not want him clad in sweet Tennessee orange. Scott Frost is Lane Kiffin 2.0. Hear me out...

Up-and-coming offensive mind. The hot name on the coaching circuit "this year", with deep ties to a blue-blood college football program (Nebraska). And... if the Huskers job opened up, don't think he wouldn't pull a Kiffin and bolt after one season.

Just say "NO" to Frost. Gruden to The Hill. Soon...

Last edited:
I agree with your assessement on Gruden. Whether people want to believe it or not, he is a risk at a high price point. He could be wildly successful (pray this is the case) or a disaster that just doesn't translate to college football. If the latter is true, this program would take a long time to recover.

It stinks we are at the point where this hire is so critical. Definitely seems it will determine where Tennessee belongs on the college football landscape for the foreseeable future.
Obviously we'll never know, but I'd love to know how many schools wouldn't take the risk of hiring Gruden if they were in the market for a HC.

DISCLAIMER: I'm full Gruden. I've been full Gruden since 2012. I was very disappointed when Lyle Jones was named our head coach. I'm elated that he not longer occupies space on The Hill.

I keep hearing Frost from different people (here and other places). I do not want him clad in sweet Tennessee orange. Scott Frost is Lane Kiffin 2.0. Hear me out...

Up-and-coming offensive mind. The hot name on the coaching circuit "this year", with deep ties to a blue-blood college football program (Nebraska). And... if the Huskers job opened up, don't think he wouldn't pull a Kiffin and bolt after one season.

Welcome to the circus

what I'm unsure about is whoever the next coach will be (even though it'll be gruden lol) would they announce anything before the regular season is over and let Hoke continue the last 2 games or would they wait until after Vandy and then announce?

has there ever been an announcement of a new coach who comes in the next season while one is still going on

FYI by "soon" he meant early signing period/December 20th I believe. So not this week soon like you're alleging.

Martinez said Currie told him days not hours. West and Ward were the ones who said before December 20th. He said Currie said if it wasn't done before early signing that he, Currie would be fired. He said he was promised plenty of time before early signing day to decide.

Grude Afternoon, Grudenites!!

After plenty of sleep and rest, I’m feeling much better today...Just got caught up on all the Grumors..Wow, if you don’t believe Jon F’n Gruden is coming now, then I’m not sure what to tell you...It’s happening, folks..

Thank you for all the nice sentiments and prayers last night..They could really be felt..One of the many reasons that I love this place..We are like one big Grudenite Family...

SOON

:devilsmoke:

Reactions: 9 people
DISCLAIMER: I'm full Gruden. I've been full Gruden since 2012. I was very disappointed when Lyle Jones was named our head coach. I'm elated that he not longer occupies space on The Hill.

Huge difference between leaving UT for USC which has location, recruiting, and recent success vs UT to NEB which is a s**thole. If we get Frost he only leaves if we fire him or he goes to the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back