Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Swanson in the RF, quoting Chad Simmons from VQ.

Trey Dean planned to announce his de-commitment from Tennessee today around noon ET. To be frank; I had the story typed up with quotes from him and it sits in the admin now because he told me he has changed his mind and that he will just sit back now and see what happens.

A call from Currie is what changed things.

Dean said, "The athletics director called me and he told me Tennessee is about to hire a great head coach. He told me that I can [still] be the face of the Tennessee."

Not too many schools have been in pursuit of Dean in recent months, but he did say Alabama has remained in contact and that he is planning to take an official visit there.

Soon baby!

Reactions: 17 people
Notes on Tim McGee - "If he's even, he's leavin'".

96930-6817577Fr.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
With only two games left,watching press conference today brought back memories of a past team. They were 0-6, fired the DC and with Greg Amsler won the last 5. When ever Vol teams of the past are brought up,'85,'89,'90,'97 and even the National Champion '98 team somehow that '88 team comes up. Guess because as bad as it was they got tough and for nothing else but pride they won out. Pride for themselves and for all of us Tennessee fans. Hope with Butch gone this team can do the same.

What did he say? I have not been able to get on here for awhile..

on Basillio - we are 50/50 with gruden right now... further along than we have ever been... he (Brice) has talked to too many people that gruden has spoke to about taking this job"

sounds to me like it's either a done deal or we are still waiting on the confirmation from gruden if he wants to do it or not

Reactions: 3 people
I was at that game and that was the reason for my username :)

Greatest memory of my life. We were right there where Chris White returned an INT for a TD. He laid out in the end zone celebrating. We could almost touch him. That game was literally "Vinny Who". We obliterated him. :)

Reactions: 1 person
The stalking horse is not the deception of the idea itself, but the deception of who the idea is coming from.

Beav is stating he has been put out by the individual with the real power, to bring claims of Gruden to the masses to cause a reaction. What does this do? It puts pressure on those against the idea, because now the idea exists in the public. The idea Gruden is coming and nothing else will be accepted.

If the deal falls through, well, Beav takes the heat from the masses, but the powers that be do not.

If it goes through, the powers that be accomplished their task, and they can either choose to come out and claim the idea as their own, or remain in the shadows.

This theory makes sense.

That said, what's the best representation of the masses? VolNation? or the offices of the Tennessee Fund which deals with donors?

FWIW - I bet Beaver is really enjoying how much headhurt he's created with his riddle.

Will someone please tell me Daniela's role in all this?

I started asking in Jon Gruden 28 (XXVIII), I think. I'm still clueless as to her part in the saga.

Plus if I ask, someone might put up another gif of her. :)

Nov. 7 Beav responded to Hawk mentioning Beav was following Daniela with this:
I am working on a surprise for you guys. May take me a couple weeks but I will deliver, like I always do.

Have no idea what it means.

A friend of mine posted 28 minutes ago on FB that he was entering a restaurant in Knox and Gruden was exiting. He said he asked for a photo and was told by someone with Gruden, no, he was in a hurry to get to Charlotte. TIFWIW. I hope hes telling the truth.

Reactions: 7 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back