Did it every occur to anyone that we may have.....

rockydoc

....descended to a 9-4 zenith program. Butch got us there until he screwed up on both coordinator hires. I think we are about sixth in conference behind Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Florida and Georgia.

Hope I'm wrong but it is what it is.

sad-depressed-disappointed-5867d74bdff75c19c2ecb4d0-g.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
....descended to a 9-4 zenith program. Butch got us there until he screwed up on both coordinator hires. I think we are about sixth in conference behind Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Florida and Georgia.

I'm perfectly content going 9-4 most years as long as we have a year or two here and there competing for championships. Not sure what your point is.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm perfectly content going 9-4 most years as long as we have a year or two here and there competing for championships. Not sure what your point is.

Nope. Not "perfectly content".

It's more about competing and where we are relative to the rest of the conference.

9-4 last year was a disaster at 4-4 in SEC with losses to SCar and Vandy.

According to some Miss State should be above us.

I'd say it's more like Dobbs got us there. We've seen this year what a Butch Jones offense looks like without Josh running it.

Reactions: 3 people

If it weren't for Dobbs we probably don't win 9 twice

Butch led an 11-1 team to 8-4.....with losses to a BAD SC team and a 5-6 Vandy team.

So he didn't help the team to 9-4 he helped drop them to 9-4.

Reactions: 8 people
Nope. Not "perfectly content".

It's more about competing and where we are relative to the rest of the conference.

9-4 last year was a disaster at 4-4 in SEC with losses to SCar and Vandy.

Very well said. Dead on.

I wish Alabama would’ve given up and accepted this fate 12 years ago. Instead they kept plugging away until they found their home run coach

Butch led an 11-1 team to 8-4.....with losses to a BAD SC team and a 5-6 Vandy team.

So he didn't help the team to 9-4 he helped drop them to 9-4.

Butch should have arguably been 22-2 at worst in the 2015/2016 regular seasons combined.

VN Store

Back