Wow! Now Seth Washington is one snap away?

Personally, I wish Washington had gone in place of McBride. McBride needed the redshirt year. Washington could use a redshirt later.

McBride looks the part in my mind. Not sure I wouldn't go with him the rest of the year since his red shirt is gone. I think he is potentially the best QB we have.

Washington sounds more than capable if McBride goes down. With our O line, I would expect anything but that. A 3 star walk- on that threw for almost 4,000 yards in TX high school ball sounds pretty good to me.

Guarantano has gone from probable to a game time decision this week according to Jones.

I wouldn't expect him to play.

How do you go from “probable” on Monday, to “game time decision” 4 days later.......when you’ve had 4 more days to recover and heal up? Only in the world of Butch Jones.

McBride looks the part in my mind. Not sure I wouldn't go with him the rest of the year since his red shirt is gone. I think he is potentially the best QB we have.

Let me get this straight....you watched a kid be personally responsible for 20 total yards in a full half of football and you think he’s better than JG, who’s been lights out throwing the ball the last game and half?

You saw McBride play 9 possessions, complete 1 of 8 passes, lead the team to 65 yards on 29 plays in the entire second half and you think he “looks the part”??

Alrighty then.

I’ll also assume you want Currie to give Jones a 3 year extension and significant raise as well.

Reactions: 4 people
There's no way he was every REALLY "probable" on Monday, two days after an ankle sprain that forced him to leave the game. It's more likely that he's gimpy and limited the rest of the season than that he plays Saturday.

Can't believe Butch would burn Washington'a redshirt.

He's clearly sabotaging our program.

(Blue font)

For the life of me if we are not going to pass and be run heavy, I don't understand why we aren't running Byrd in slot in motion for fake reverse or reverse, giving qb three options in RPO and give D something else to consider. Used to do it with Dobbs, more a few years ago and we've totally abandoned it.

Reactions: 1 person
How do you go from “probable” on Monday, to “game time decision” 4 days later.......when you’ve had 4 more days to recover and heal up? Only in the world of Butch Jones.

I know. It's been like this his whole tenure.

I guess Jones thinks he is pulling some Belichickian mind games with the opponents.

As if it makes a huge difference who starts behind this putrid o line to run this mickey mouse scheme this season. None of the QB's have looked to be good fits for it.

They should brand it the West Coast OHMYGODIMABOUTTOGETHIT offense because the only QB that's ever really thrived in it is Dobbs because he was an escape artist.

JG sprained his ankle you simply don't get over that in a week.

Considering he has to run for his life every snap, I just don't think he can do it. How effective would the read option be when Mo knows JG can't run?

:mf_surrender:

Let me get this straight....you watched a kid be personally responsible for 20 total yards in a full half of football and you think he’s better than JG, who’s been lights out throwing the ball the last game and half?

You saw McBride play 9 possessions, complete 1 of 8 passes, lead the team to 65 yards on 29 plays in the entire second half and you think he “looks the part”??

Alrighty then.

I’ll also assume you want Currie to give Jones a 3 year extension and significant raise as well.

McBride had some of the best mental reps the other poster had ever seen.

I think his eye discipline needs some work but he could eventually be serviceable if he gains about 3 tenths on his 40 time and changes his jersey number to 11.

I think we may be missing that there are different types and severities of ankle sprains. A severe high ankle sprain and you're out 6+ weeks. A mild low variety, then you take an Aleve and you play next week.

Especially not when you dress out and practice two days after injuring it.

Two days after injuring it, most players are trying to bear weight on a sprain. Unless he got a high ankle sprain which would mean he is running with pain until April.

If you like the coach, the player is being courageous and taking one for the team. If you don't, you act like he is Coach Josef Mengele.

VN Store

Back