Currie - tennis tweet

Vol-in-Atlanta

Consider this a momentary distraction from our normal football misery.......the UT tennis team Currie wanted everyone to support consists of eight guys. Three are from Australia, two from Germany, one from Columbia, and two Americans. One from Alabama and one from Brentwood Tn.........there you have it - your tax dollars hard at work providing athletic scholarships to German and Australian kids.

Reactions: 1 person
Consider this a momentary distraction from our normal football misery.......the UT tennis team Currie wanted everyone to support consists of eight guys. Three are from Australia, two from Germany, one from Columbia, and two Americans. One from Alabama and one from Brentwood Tn.........there you have it - your tax dollars hard at work providing athletic scholarships to German and Australian kids.

And?

Reactions: 3 people
46L5F94.gif

Pons is from France. If they can play, they can play. Damn, when the hell did we go back to the 1940s?

Reactions: 3 people

Football revenue. Not tax dollars. Are you serious with this crap?

Reactions: 2 people

It is predominantly that way in golf and tennis at every University these days.

Considering the USA tennis has pretty much fallen off the face of the earth in the last 10-15 years, it's expected. USTA has done a horrible job of developing our youth tennis players since 2000 or so. They keep going back to the drawing board and drawing new turds to lay.

I thought scholarships are funded by donations? Now your tax dollars are funding quite a bit of stuff for kids from Germany and Australia at the school, if it bothers you that much.

Like many, I don't see your point. Support the tennis team as we do all the teams that UT fields. Please explain your point for those of us who are confused. Thank you.:hi:

Your point? For your sake, I'm hoping this came across differently than how you meant for it to sound.

My bad. As a state university partially funded by the tax payers of the state I found it odd that 80% of the players on scholarship were not citizens of this country. Obviously everyone else seems find with this. Ok, lets move on.

Shouldn't have posted on football forum anyway.

WooHoo

More **** to whine about.

Why don't we just stick to Tennessee kids in every sport? That should be fun

My bad. As a state university partially funded by the tax payers of the state I found it odd that 80% of the players on scholarship were not citizens of this country. Obviously everyone else seems find with this. Ok, lets move on.

I see what you are saying now 👍 that is an interesting way to look at it! You aren't wrong

God forbid a nation of immigrants tries to get the best recruits in the world for all sports.

U complaining about the Brentwood kid?

I can see your point.

VN Store

Back