Maryville vs Catholic last night

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Anyone catch this game?

I wish I could have seen it. Sounds like it was a real shootout. Maryville held on 49-42. But wow.

Even Cade Mays scored a touchdown.

And Butch was there.

Reactions: 1 person
Who are his nephews?

[twitter]https://twitter.com/rcobb18/status/898947807272472577[/twitter]

Randall Cobbs In-Laws are my next door neighbor. Good people and I have seen him here a couple times. If his nephews are as solid as he is then they must be good people as well as good football players.

I was at the game. Talked to butch through the chain linked fence on my way in. Told him his shoes were cool. Lol. Great atmosphere. Catholic has weapons for sure. Obviously Mays was an imposing figure. But big #55 was probably just as good. Their freshman running back will be special if he continues getting bigger, faster, and stronger. #1 and #8 receivers for Catholic were impressive too. Tall, fast, and good hands.

Great debut for Derek Hunt as HC for Maryville. He reminds me so much of Quarles on the sideline. Body language, attitude, the way he commands huddles on the sideline, etc. Dylan Hopkins and Catholic's QB #10 were both very good. Mobile with accuracy throwing.

I was at the game. Talked to butch through the chain linked fence on my way in. Told him his shoes were cool. Lol. Great atmosphere. Catholic has weapons for sure. Obviously Mays was an imposing figure. But big #55 was probably just as good. Their freshman running back will be special if he continues getting bigger, faster, and stronger. #1 and #8 receivers for Catholic were impressive too. Tall, fast, and good hands.

Great debut for Derek Hunt as HC for Maryville. He reminds me so much of Quarles on the sideline. Body language, attitude, the way he commands huddles on the sideline, etc. Dylan Hopkins and Catholic's QB #10 were both very good. Mobile with accuracy throwing.

Thanks for the info Sam. I bet the atmosphere was electric.

So obviously you think Catholic's offense is that good, not Maryville's defense is suspect?

Thanks for the info Sam. I be the atmosphere was electric.

So obviously you think Catholic's offense is that good, not Maryville's defense is suspect?

Mostly Catholic's offense was that good. They will put up points on everybody. But I did see some mistakes on Maryvill's part. Took bad angles several times. Saw a few missed tackles. Blown coverage a couple of times.

Mostly Catholic's offense was that good. They will put up points on everybody. But I did see some mistakes on Maryvill's part. Took bad angles several times. Saw a few missed tackles. Blown coverage a couple of times.

Before the game, catholics coach seemed really confident in their run game. He said he could basically score at will last year with amarie(sp?) and co.

VN Store

Back