New baseball commit: Chase Silseth

Seems like back to back days with big time arm commitments for the '18 class too go along with Parker. Could end up with a top rotation in the sec with those 3

Reactions: 1 person
Here's Silseth's stats from Gamechanger.

8-W 2-L 0.56-ERA
12-G 12-GS 7-CG
75-IP 41-H 13-R 6-ER
20-BB 116-SO
5-WP 7-HBP

Batting
30-G 91-AB 8-R 24-H .264-BA
8-2B 2-3B 1-HR 16-RBI 3-BB 10-SO

Reactions: 3 people
That is a decent day on the bump.

sho you right 67...Coach V going nationwide...nice...commits coming sorta fast...Coach V doing some work...the earlier commit of junior pitcher/outfielder Brandon Gielow plays right down the road in Lemon Bay...I'll try to keep tab on him and see how he develops...good talking to ya...later, and,

GO BIG ORANGE!

sho you right 67...Coach V going nationwide...nice...commits coming sorta fast...Coach V doing some work...the earlier commit of junior pitcher/outfielder Brandon Gielow plays right down the road in Lemon Bay...I'll try to keep tab on him and see how he develops...good talking to ya...later, and,

GO BIG ORANGE!

Hey Roller, Coach V is certainly keeping busy. I am looking forward to see how the next couple of years develop.

Coach V is the man. Recruit recruit recruit

I started coming to the baseVol forum since the hiring of Coach V. Admittedly, I don't follow baseball like football and basketball, so my question is.......which seems to be the best recruiter....Coach V or the previous coach?

I started coming to the baseVol forum since the hiring of Coach V. Admittedly, I don't follow baseball like football and basketball, so my question is.......which seems to be the best recruiter....Coach V or the previous coach?

Very different styles. Time will tell which one works better. My guess is it's going to a push

I like to think we could be better than 55-120 if TV is here 5 years.

The 12-18 season TV put up this year matches Dave's best year.

I think we are going to get better and the cutthroat style of recruiting gives us the best chance to where we want to go but in the end I think the limitations of the program will ultimately always make us a bottom
1/3 SEC program

Last edited:
What does coach tell playes he recruiting about the 20 -25 guys he is signing in each class?

He won’t be signing 20-25 each class. He signed a lot this year because he didn’t have much depth and had to significantly improve the talent pool. Bottom line is though kids who are brought in that don’t play for whatever reason are constantly looking to transfer and some kids you bring in just don’t workout. Some classes will be higher then others. One thing I wouldn’t worry about with CTV is recruiting. He is really good at it - one of the best in the country. His track record speaks for itself. He is very smart and is extremely good at managing the 11.7.

He won’t be signing 20-25 each class. He signed a lot this year because he didn’t have much depth and had to significantly improve the talent pool. Bottom line is though kids who are brought in that don’t play for whatever reason are constantly looking to transfer and some kids you bring in just don’t workout. Some classes will be higher then others. One thing I wouldn’t worry about with CTV is recruiting. He is really good at it - one of the best in the country. His track record speaks for itself. He is very smart and is extremely good at managing the 11.7.

I would have a solid wager he never signs under 15 and signs 20 most years

VN Store

Back