The Association Football Thread

Jekyl and Hyde Liverpool strikes again! 2-1 loss to Crystal Palace. Any spare funds for transfers should go to the backline. Matip and Lovren are walking disasters...

Liverpool secure a Champions League spot with a 3-0 win over Middlesbrough. Hopefully this will encourage some big signings over the summer...

I guess the Wenger saga will continue through the FA cup final. I wish they'd just make an announcement one way or the other. If they do replace him I am not sure they will get anyone who can deliver the sort of sustained success that Wenger has delivered. OTOH if the goal is to win the premiership and/or make deep runs in the Champions then I don't see it happening with Wenger. Success in English football can be defined so many ways.

I guess the Wenger saga will continue through the FA cup final. I wish they'd just make an announcement one way or the other. If they do replace him I am not sure they will get anyone who can deliver the sort of sustained success that Wenger has delivered. OTOH if the goal is to win the premiership and/or make deep runs in the Champions then I don't see it happening with Wenger. Success in English football can be defined so many ways.

Think Arsenal is content hovering around a CL spot every year.

Think Arsenal is content hovering around a CL spot every year.
Not a bad place to hover. Without CL they will have to cough up some big $ to retain/replace Sanchez and Ozil and bring in some help for Bellarin at fullback. Stadium funding was a solid excuse for not spending for a long time, but I think that's become a hollow refrain. If they don't spend, there will definitely be an undercurrent of belief that it's on Kroenke and the club would be better off if the FA forced him to sell to Usmanov (although I don't know if that's possible?).

So who do you think finishes top 4 in Premier League this year?

I have City, Chelsea, United in that order. It's a throw up to me for 4th between Reds, Spurs and Gunners.

Any surprises this year?

So who do you think finishes top 4 in Premier League this year?

I have City, Chelsea, United in that order. It's a throw up to me for 4th between Reds, Spurs and Gunners.

Any surprises this year?

Unless Spurs can figure out how to play on that wide pitch at Wembley, and quickly, they'll be nowhere near the top 4. They were abysmal there last season.

There's still almost a month left in the transfer window though, so it's tough to make a lot of predictions just yet.

Spurs are going to be hurting more than the Reds.

Can't believe Klopp couldn't bring in any big name talent this summer.

I swear, if they sell Coutinho this late fans will riot.

Spurs are going to be hurting more than the Reds.

Can't believe Klopp couldn't bring in any big name talent this summer.

I swear, if they sell Coutinho this late fans will riot.

I'd argue Salah made a very good name for himself in Roma and has been an impact signing so far. Otherwise, though, you're right. Missing on Keita and Van Diijk has been a massive disappointment. It's now become absolutely critical to hold onto Couthinho.

VN Store

Back