'18 GA DE Brenton Cox

Things haven't changed a bit with this recruit. We are the favorites & no other school is close right now to us. I would say we're about as close to a Vol lock with this recruit than any other we're after. That includes recruits from the 2017 class as well.

In an interview by a reporter from Sporting News the reporter announced Mr. Cox if he's ready to go ahead & give that commitment to UT? Cox responded by saying "possibly very soon but I don't want to rush things. But, I will say the Vols are way & beyond every other school that has offered me to date."

- Per reporter from Sporting News

Reactions: 1 person
DE Brenton Cox

Stockbridge (Ga.) defensive end Brenton Cox impressed with his speed off the edge. The 6-foot-4, 235-pound has a good frame to fill out and become a force as a pass rusher. Cox is currently rated a three-star prospect by 247Sports, but after beating five-star offensive tackle Brey Walker on three straight reps, look for that ranking to rise.

Things haven't changed a bit with this recruit. We are the favorites & no other school is close right now to us. I would say we're about as close to a Vol lock with this recruit than any other we're after. That includes recruits from the 2017 class as well.

looks like Georgia and Clemson are trending with him

“The five that stand out are Georgia, Clemson, Tennessee, Ohio State, and Alabama,” Cox said. “I’m closest with coach Johnson at Ohio State and coach Sherrer at Georgia. I’m going to wait it out until maybe during my senior season or until Signing Day for a commitment.

“Lately I visited Clemson, Georgia, and Auburn,” he said. “I will be going back to Ohio State and Alabama. I’m also going to South Carolina’s junior day.”

Georgia- “They would use me as a hybrid,” Cox said. “I could drop back in coverage and rush the passer.”

Tennessee- “I have a good relationship with coach Stripling,” he said. “I would be strictly playing defensive end there but I’m cool with that because I can play wherever.”

Clemson- “I like that their defensive ends just let loose,” said Cox. “They just do whatever comes to mind.”

Ohio State- “I like the tradition they have,” he said. “When you go there they just win you over.”

Alabama- “It’s another hybrid school where I could play both,” Cox said. “They would put me at outside linebacker.”

-Rivals

BRENTON COX

Defensive end

6-4, 235 pounds

Stockbridge (Ga.) High School

247Sports Composite rating: Four stars (0.9070)

Cox earned an offer from Tennessee in June with a strong showing at one of its camps, and he already has visited the Vols a handful of times, most recently attending their home game against Alabama. He said in late December that Tennessee was one of five schools standing out to him, along with Georgia, Ohio State, Clemson and Auburn.

- 247 (Callahan)

Reactions: 1 person
Lots of CBs to Ohio State today....seems a commitment is forthcoming. He said in December UT was way & beyond every other school that had offered him.

hm..

Motor-Scooter-Vs.-Big-Pile-Of-Dirt-Fail.gif

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back