Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just say you guys don't know the whole story.

As they say there are two sides to every tale.
Bahahahaha, seriously?! No. Just stop.

New writer for 247Sports, Havis Tranny, reports...

"Sources within the Tibetan city of Laksa indicate that they have not been in contact with UT coaches. It seems clear that UT Coach Butch Jones has lost the ability to keep Tennessee relevant on a wide scale.

His inability to build recruiting relationships outside of his preconceived hotbed areas may hinder the long-term development of the program. I think it is also clear that he does not support the "Free Tibet" movement, based on his silence, and is most likely a Red Commie. I have forwarded this information to the CIA, Wikileaks, and the NCAA."
Truth.

Take UT out of the situation. The two sides have nothing to do with UT.
...LOL

Reactions: 5 people
SBV, you are well respected here. By defending this guy you are making yourself look bad. You are not standing up for what is right by standing by him. He is way, way out of line. It is in his best interest, and yours, for you to talk to him, as a friend. Maybe he will listen to you and become a better journalist.

Reactions: 1 person
So I missed the whole article... what did it say?

Should be against board rules imo.

Here's the quote so he doesn't get the clicks

“I think he’s been benefitted from that (AD change),” one SEC assistant told us. “If they had a stable AD, I bet he’s gone. I know a lot of coaches who feel like they’re kind of taking it easy on him. It’s been there for the taking for them. They never took it.”

I defend Haney's right to say whatever he chooses to say. We do likewise on here. That being said, he's made himself out to be as important and knowledgeable in his job as any the average posters on here. Which is worth about, well, nothing. Even if the source is real and a name would have been stated, the logic the source uses exposes his/her personal agenda along with Haney/employer for having published it.

He already started digging the hole once with some sort of vendetta. He doubled down and dug deeper. It will not work out well for him. Maybe he is a buddy of John Adams and is using his methodology.

Reactions: 3 people
I defend Haney's right to say whatever he chooses to say. We do likewise on here. That being said, he's made himself out to be as important and knowledgeable in his job as any the average posters on here. Which is worth about, well, nothing. Even if the source is real and a name would have been stated, the logic the source uses exposes his/her personal agenda along with Haney/employer for having published it.

He already started digging the hole once with some sort of vendetta. He doubled down and dug deeper. It will not work out well for him. Maybe he is a buddy of John Adams and is using his methodology.

The difference in those two is that Adams states his opinion and doesn't hide behind anonymous sources.

Reactions: 1 person
Haney had the right to write whatever he wants. Vol fans have the right to boycott the company if they don't like the coverage of their team.

Choose your right, if you will, but you can't dictate the consequences

Reactions: 5 people
Guys what he is doing is wrong. This narrative shaping media "reporting" is rampant in today's world but it is still wrong.

Furthermore, he isn't saying his opinion. He is finding people to say unflattering things about a person he doesn't like. Then he publishes them as news in an attempt to change the perception of the person.

There is no defending this guy. What he is doing is the type of thing only a colossal prick would do.

Reactions: 7 people
Guys what he is doing is wrong. This narrative shaping media "reporting" is rampant in today's world but it is still wrong.

Furthermore, he isn't saying his opinion. He is finding people to say unflattering things about a person he doesn't like. Then he publishes them as news in an attempt to change the perception of the person.

There is no defending this guy. What he is doing is the type of thing only a colossal prick would do.

Dude is alumni. He should know TN fans are bat---- crazy. Was he expecting high fives in the Food City?

What Haney got paid to do and what he apparently considers journalism was really nothing more than what random posters have put on here. "Hey guys, I know a guy on the coaching staff at another SEC school that says Butch Jones would have been fired if it weren't for the AD situation." It was unprofessional at best. It probably would have just been laughed off had it not followed the S&C "expose," which may have turned out to be a blessing in disguise if it forced Jones to upgrade and hire the Rock. Both articles were more internet discussion board rumors than actual journalism though. And if his bosses are banning him from covering UT and his coworkers are distancing themselves from him, then they obviously consider his "work" to be unprofessional as well.

Obviously there is freedom of speech and press here, but there is no freedom from the consequences of these words. And if you are getting paid to do it, the people paying you have an obligation to set standards and hold you accountable.

Haney is trying to get Butch fired and using his platform to do it. He is crossing a line of journalistic integrity. Your writing for a recruiting website. Your job is not to write hit pieces on coaches or schools like your the New York Times. Let alone use sources at a rival school to blast a coach yet not do it for every other school mentioned in the article.

His boss is furious for a reason.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back