Republican draft legislation to replace Obamacare leaked.

we have to pay that much to get the care for our daughter. Imagine the prescriptions, medical devices ( which are extremely high) and amount of dr visits a severely handicapped individual requires. The cost we pay to Vandy and therapy alone not only through direct billing but time off work etc. is a very difficult burden. Our income is not enough for us plan ahead and save. The ACA is crushing us. It's almost to the point where you want to quit and just plea to the government for all our needs and ride our daughters back to get our foot in the door for services. But **** that. I will continue to push and claw and fight and show my children that hard work and determination will make you a wolf and not a sheep.

There are programs designed to help families in your situation. Another good lesson for you to show your children would be, when someone is in need of help, you should help them; and when you are in need of help, you should graciously accept the help of others.

Reactions: 4 people
Plus, I have no problem paying for healthcare. Do you not think $1295 a month for a family of four is a bit high? Including a 9k deductible? K town you are like most liberals, neither hot nor cold but luke warm.

It does seem high, but we have per capita health costs of just over $10,000. Obviously for a family of 4, that's over $40,000. Your premiums plus the 9k deductible just cover about 25k. That still leaves a 15k shortage that is having to be made up somewhere. Health care is to expensive; health insurance costs are just a reflection of that much bigger issue.

Reactions: 5 people
It does seem high, but we have per capita health costs of just over $10,000. Obviously for a family of 4, that's over $40,000. Your premiums plus the 9k deductible just cover about 25k. That still leaves a 15k shortage that is having to be made up somewhere. Health care is to expensive; health insurance costs are just a reflection of that much bigger issue.

:good!:

The House is adding language to the bill that will keep Essential Health Benefits in and "Permits states to develop essential health benefits for insurance for all years after December 31, 2019."

In your eyes what are the essential services that should be covered by an insurer??

Whatever the private insurer and the customer deem essential for the customer and/or that family........get the government the hell out!

New legislation has been add to the Healthcare bill.

"significant change to the tax credit is being considered: not allowing wealthier Americans to qualify for assistance. No specific proposal for cutting off eligibility has been added to the legislation, but staff have been directed to come up with possible proposals."

It's only a "lose, lose" scenario if you think all government funded jobs are worthless; and even if you feel that way, one is still a much bigger loss than the other.

They're mostly worthless..reminds me of an old joke.

Q)How many people work for the government?

A) About half of em.

Plus, I have no problem paying for healthcare. Do you not think $1295 a month for a family of four is a bit high? Including a 9k deductible? K town you are like most liberals, neither hot nor cold but luke warm.

He has no idea what you're even telling him. He cannot comprehend the numbers. Using your scenario above if your wife had to have surgery your out of pocket cost for that year would be the $9k plus the 12 months months of $1295!
That's $24,540......

Not really. If you live within your means 90K for a family of 4 is enough. Don't spend like you make 150K if you only make 90. Simple math. Now if he said they made >50K I could understand.

You have no idea wtf you're even talking about.
The last three years my health insurance premiums for a $6300 deductible plan has been higher than my mortgage. Based on income we didn't qualify for subsidy money...... I get over charged to foot the bill for those that did get the subsidy. F' the liberals and various other a-holes that wrote and signed this law.

You have no idea wtf you're even talking about.
The last three years my health insurance premiums for a $6300 deductible plan has been higher than my mortgage. Based on income we didn't qualify for subsidy money...... I get over charged to foot the bill for those that did get the subsidy. F' the liberals and various other a-holes that wrote and signed this law.
My wife's individual policy is almost $700 a month, and she spent almost $8,000 last year out of pocket for medical and some dental. That's about $16,000 for insurance, a knee surgery, and a dental implant for one tooth.

My wife's individual policy is almost $700 a month, and she spent almost $8,000 last year out of pocket for medical and some dental. That's about $16,000 for insurance, a knee surgery, and a dental implant for one tooth.

It's insane..... anyone with an ounce of common sense knew this mess of was coming five minutes after reading the requirements stipulated by the law. There wasn't ONE item in the entire bill that was designed to lower the cost of insurance. It was exactly the opposite.

It's insane..... anyone with an ounce of common sense knew this mess of was coming five minutes after reading the requirements stipulated by the law. There wasn't ONE item in the entire bill that was designed to lower the cost of insurance. It was exactly the opposite.

How quickly you forget that prior to the ACA rate increases were already out of control. Trump and the GOP can't solve that. No one can.

Reactions: 2 people
How quickly you forget that prior to the ACA rate increases were already out of control. Trump and the GOP can't solve that. No one can.

It did nothing but throw gasoline on the fire.
You live in a group health world through your work. Step out into the individual market and do some research. It was a pile of **** law of behemoth proportions.

It did nothing but throw gasoline on the fire.
You live in a group health world through your work. Step out into the individual market and do some research. It was a pile of **** law of behemoth proportions.

What has happened with per capita health care costs over the past 50 years? The problem isn't the ACA. Why are the republicans having such a hard time coming up with a repeal and replace plan? Most people knew they had nothing, it was another canned rallying cry meant to fire up a certain voting segment...it worked, now what?

Reactions: 1 person

Rates were going up but not at the same rate plus we had options to chose from in plans that met our needs which lowered individual rates.

VN Store

Back