Art Briles reportedly fired

"This is all Baylor's fault," she said. "Had they taken my case slightly more seriously and put some kind of 'warning' on him, this wouldn't have happened. ... The mannerisms that she described are so similar. It's not just something I wanted to remember."
Originally Posted by Malbec

Many of the responses here to this article are truly amazing. It's as if some of you have been living a hermetically-sealed life. Let's review.

The girl has some encounter with this guy where she willingly goes to his bedroom, engages in something that she decides is not rape (her own words, from her mouth) so she has no reason to report it. Then, she talks with another girl that tells her that she had a similar encounter with this same guy. So, now the two of them decide that they are mad enough at the guy, that they should report him to the Title IX office (but the other girl doesn't want to file a report, just support the second girl). And, even though she did not believe she had been raped, let's report him, because "Baylor's Title IX Office is the school's version of the police." (Again, her own words, from her own mouth.) So Baylor opens a Title IX invesigation (properly) based on her report, and informs the guy that he is being investigated. So, the guy is stunned that he would be reported (for something the "victim" didn't even believe was rape), that he honked his car horn at her and tried to ask her if she had reported him.

Now, she doesn't want to have to deal with him and answer his questions (about reporting him for something she didn't believe was rape), so she AND the acquaintance go and get a no-contact order issued against him. He violates the order, but SHE doesn't want to press charges. Again, SHE didn't want to press charges. THE VERY NEXT DAY she and friends (which now includes the acquaintance), drive to DFW to watch the Baylor vs. Texas Tech game. THE VERY NEXT DAY after she refused to press any charges. And, OMG the guy is playing football! Baylor has not punished him for something that "she doesn't believe was rape," that he is being investigated for, AND for violating a no contact order that she refused to press charges on, THE VERY DAY BEFORE. OMG!

Now, the investigation is complete and she refuses to participate in the hearing and decides to let the investigator's report speak for itself and is mad that after the fact she is not provided with the details of the hearing that she refused to attend. She doesn't appear to testify about whether something "that she doesn't believe was rape" was consensual, and she is upset that they didn't find him guilty and punish him? And .... OMG, Baylor is awful because they won't punish someone for something the victim didn't believe was rape, that she didn't want to report to the police and that she didn't want to appear at a Title IX hearing to adjudicate, and over violating a no-contact order for which she didn't want to press charges!

"This is all Baylor's fault," she said. "Had they taken my case slightly more seriously and put some kind of 'warning' on him, this wouldn't have happened. ... The mannerisms that she described are so similar. It's not just something I wanted to remember."....

You are a sick dude, Bear. No wonder your school is in such a mess with alums like you.

Reactions: 3 people
"This is all Baylor's fault," she said. "Had they taken my case slightly more seriously and put some kind of 'warning' on him, this wouldn't have happened. ... The mannerisms that she described are so similar. It's not just something I wanted to remember."....

Right on que....

Why is it that every article posted that is incriminating for Baylor is "false" and the articles you post, claiming things differently, are "true"?

Reactions: 2 people
Right on que....

Why is it that every article posted that is incriminating for Baylor is "false" and the articles you post, claiming things differently, are "true"?

This one wasn't even an article. It was a comment on an article or a message board post.

I do see many Baylor folks starting to come around now. As more and more comes out they are finally beginning to acknowledge who the real victims are and it's not Art Briles or their football program.

Reactions: 1 person
"... but when we're talking about bad misbehavior, guys, you're on your own." HFC, Baylor

Now see, compare this program's approach / recent statement ("you're on your own") with the HFC at Tennessee who called a player + player's extended family with support / to assess the situation, and to then how the big newspaper / reporter in Nashville mistakenly twisted the whole thing of phone calling as pretending the HFC was attempting to tamper with / influence the situation (whereas, the Tenn HFC called because it's his duty to provide support / he didn't want our school's player to be on his "own" during that time of poor decision making).

Reactions: 1 person
Hey, here's some good news.

This Baylor receiver didn't sexually assault a woman! No, for real, he didn't!

Instead, he beat the ever-living s*** out of his dog, on camera!

Story

Why wasnt the pos arrested ? Doesnt the horrid state of Texas have animal cruelty laws ? This guy is one player I wouldnt mind seeing get his knee blown out by a Oklahoma DB -- and it looks like Grobe is nothing more than a little 'yes' man edit Story has been updated on ESPN - he was given a 500 dollar fine and supposedly is being disciplined --

Last edited:
As talk turned to cfb during the post-feast food coma, one of my in-laws who is a BU alum tells me that the word is that Briles' staff have all put their homes on the market and there's some real expectation that the band will be reforming at Auburn. I figure that part of this is the kind of thing that anyone with boots on the ground in Waco can pretty easily corroborate or refute.

As talk turned to cfb during the post-feast food coma, one of my in-laws who is a BU alum tells me that the word is that Briles' staff have all put their homes on the market and there's some real expectation that the band will be reforming at Auburn. I figure that part of this is the kind of thing that anyone with boots on the ground in Waco can pretty easily corroborate or refute.

I don't think the barn is that desperate.

Bro those teams are still going to tear Baylor apart in recruiting. They got problems but their problems are chump change compared to Baylor's. The whole Mixon thing is a fart in the wind when compared to Briles mistakes.

Things haven't turned out quite as bad as some had predicted. Baylor hired Mack Rhoades from Missouri to be Athletic Director. Rhoades was the AD at Houston that hired Tom Herman. While at Houston, Rhoades formed a bond with Temple HC Matt Rhule. While AD at Missouri Rhoades flew to New Jersey and interviewed Rhule for the Tigers opening before hiring Barry Odom to fill the position. At Baylor, Rhoades persuaded Rhule to accept an offer from the Bears over Phil Knight and Oregon.

Rhule rejects Oregon due to recruiting - CBSSports.com

Oregon booster and Nike founder Phil Knight met with former Temple head coach Matt Ruhle to discuss the Oregon opening and it couldn't sway Rhule to the Ducks, according to CBSSports' Dennis Dodd.

When Rhule accepted the Baylor job in December the Bears had just one commitment for it's 2017 recruiting class. The Bear finished with the #3 ranked BIG XII recruiting class, flipping two ESPN 300 WRs from TCU in the process.

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/

7. Oklahoma
31. Texas
34. Baylor
37. Oklahoma St
41. TCU
44. Iowa St

In contrast, Art Briles didn't reel in a top-40 class until 2012, after the Heisman.

Baylor hired Mack Rhoades from Missouri to be Athletic Director. Rhoades was the AD at Houston that hired Tom Herman. While at Houston, Rhoades formed a bond with Temple HC Matt Rhule. While AD at Missouri Rhoades flew to New Jersey and interviewed Rhule for the Tigers opening before hiring Barry Odom to fill the position. At Baylor, Rhoades persuaded Rhule to accept an offer from the Bears over Phil Knight and Oregon.

Rhule rejects Oregon due to recruiting - CBSSports.com
Let's talk about that article, it was written by Matt Prehm who was merely an Oregon message board stalker, who, in 2008, started adding football recruits as friends on FB and asking them where they were headed. Soon he signed on with 247 and started calling himself an actual journalist, but when you review his work, you notice his tenuous grasp on grammar and lack of ability to "connect the dots" so often that his conclusions are far too conclusory.

Take, for example, his mention on Oregon's "bad recruiting location and weather" but failed to show that Oregon has out-recruited Baylor every year there is a record of recruiting rankings - which would seem to indicate that it's easier to recruit to Oregon than Baylor.

If Matt had added any info about the prior relationship between Rhule and Rhoades, I bet he wouldn't have concluded necessarily that Rhule didn't choose Oregon because of "recruiting" like the article states.

Let's talk about that article, it was written by Matt Prehm who was merely an Oregon message board stalker, who, in 2008, started adding football recruits as friends on FB and asking them where they were headed. Soon he signed on with 247 and started calling himself an actual journalist, but when you review his work, you notice his tenuous grasp on grammar and lack of ability to "connect the dots" so often that his conclusions are far too conclusory.

Take, for example, his mention on Oregon's "bad recruiting location and weather" but failed to show that Oregon has out-recruited Baylor every year there is a record of recruiting rankings - which would seem to indicate that it's easier to recruit to Oregon than Baylor.

If Matt had added any info about the prior relationship between Rhule and Rhoades, I bet he wouldn't have concluded necessarily that Rhule didn't choose Oregon because of "recruiting" like the article states.
So he is like Sab, just dressed in whatever the hell Baylor's colors are

VN Store

Back