Hillary wins Pennsylvania...

Whoa now boys....just now coming across this thread, and at what a perfect time I see!

First of all, I do not support that bill either. Not because I do not believe women should be paid equally, but because I do not believe salary levels should be legislated. And also, I believe the bill is bad legislation because it will put an unneccessary strain on businesses - small businesses in particular - that would be forced to increase the salaries of women in their company that may be paid less than the men. This bill will kill small business.

But, please tell me you all do not think the bill should not be supported because -- you think -- women are paid less because of higher health care costs...? And you did not say because she had her period?

It is a fact that women are out of work more often than men and their health costs are higher. This makes them less productive and a larger burden on the company than a man is.

You know, I actually fired a woman for not coming in consistently for "family reasons"....that's one woman to another. Wouldn't be afraid to do it again.

A man doesn't call off because he has a hot flash 5 hours before work!

A man doesn't call off because his stomach hurts.

A man doesn't call off he got into a hissy fit with another employee.

A man doesn't call off because he has to get gas in his vehicle before work.

A man doesn't call off because he stresses out because he has to run errands before work.

A man doesn't call off because his clothes are wrinkled.

You know, I actually fired a woman for not coming in consistently for "family reasons"....that's one woman to another. Wouldn't be afraid to do it again.

As well you should. A company should be compassionate with regards to family issues but unfortunately some people take advantage of that and if it becomes a pattern or repetitive problem you should handle it just as you did.

But, please tell me you all do not think the bill should not be supported because -- you think -- women are paid less because of higher health care costs...? And you did not say because she had her period?

some women take far more time off than men for various reasons whether family or personal. Men almost never take personal days. I have zero problem with women taking more personal days, or leaving early for various reason, just don't expect to be paid as much as I get paid. i don't believe that a glass ceiling exists anymore. it probably did 50 years ago, but today if you work as hard as a man and you are as smart you will get paid the same (if not more since many companies force you to promote women over men). I'm not saying women on average are far lazier than men, just that they tend to work fewer hours (for various reasons) and that is why they make less money. also taking time (months or years) off for children of course hurts you going up the corporate ladder.

It is a fact that women are out of work more often than men and their health costs are higher. This makes them less productive and a larger burden on the company than a man is.

I'm just wondering where this fact came from? In all my years in the professional world, I have yet to see women - in general - be out of work anymore than the men I've worked with. In fact...I recall a time when the men kept leaving work early to hit the bar while I stayed grinding the gears at the office. Myself, and at the time, an office run by a women and a female majority on staff.

Have you guys ever seen Bill Burr do his stand up about why he thinks men should make more money than women?

some women take far more time off than men for various reasons whether family or personal. Men almost never take personal days. I have zero problem with women taking more personal days, or leaving early for various reason, just don't expect to be paid as much as I get paid. i don't believe that a glass ceiling exists anymore. it probably did 50 years ago, but today if you work as hard as a man and you are as smart you will get paid the same (if not more since many companies force you to promote women over men),

That's right, because a day on the golf course with "business associates" is considered a work day.

I'm just wondering where this fact came from? In all my years in the professional world, I have yet to see women - in general - be out of work anymore than the men I've worked with. In fact...I recall a time when the men kept leaving work early to hit the bar while I stayed grinding the gears at the office. Myself, and at the time, an office run by a women and a female majority on staff.

every study i have seen shows women take more personal days and work fewer hours on average than men at the same job. which is understandable considering women are usually the primary care giver and we all know kids occasionally force you to take time off work.

Again....must go back and reiterate my first post. I do not support legislation that forces equal pay. If you are a woman who chooses to have children, then in order to balance work and family life, you better be prepared to let one or the other suffer. And I for one believe the work life should suffer when you make that decision - and in doing so, you also better be ready to get paid less. Cut back on your hours, slow down your career track, and raise your family! I can't stand to see a woman so focused on her career that she neglects her own children.

However, I think you guys are overgeneralizing women big time. Putting all women in a "mom" category. Let's be clear about differentiating between the two. And also be clear that men take on that role in many cases. If the woman's career is higher paying, whatever, he may opt out to stay home or be the one to call in when Johnny has the flu.

But this bill and this discussion is on women in general - not overgeneralized.

Again....must go back and reiterate my first post. I do not support legislation that forces equal pay. If you are a woman who chooses to have children, then in order to balance work and family life, you better be prepared to let one or the other suffer. And I for one believe the work life should suffer when you make that decision - and in doing so, you also better be ready to get paid less. Cut back on your hours, slow down your career track, and raise your family! I can't stand to see a woman so focused on her career that she neglects her own children.

However, I think you guys are overgeneralizing women big time. Putting all women in a "mom" category. Let's be clear about differentiating between the two. And also be clear that men take on that role in many cases. If the woman's career is higher paying, whatever, he may opt out to stay home or be the one to call in when Johnny has the flu.

But this bill and this discussion is on women in general - not overgeneralized.

well when talking about a glass ceiling we are almost always taking about average wages and thefore taking about averages is appropriate. I guess we agree?

A man doesn't call off because he has a hot flash 5 hours before work!

And if it weren't for that woman who reached the point of the hot flashes, there would be no offspring to carry on his family name.

A man doesn't call off because his stomach hurts.

If it weren't for that woman who keeps him well nourished, he'd be sick all the time too.

A man doesn't call off he got into a hissy fit with another employee.

Oh that's right...he just waits to "take it outside" of the bar.

A man doesn't call off because he has to get gas in his vehicle before work.

Neither would she if he hadn't run the tank down the night before saying "Forget the light. This baby can go for miles on this tank of gas..."

A man doesn't call off because he stresses out because he has to run errands before work.

That's because she's in charge of running the house, working because his salary alone can not maintain the cost of every new toy he keeps buying, and running all of his freakin' errands too.

A man doesn't call off because his clothes are wrinkled.

Um...that's because after making the meals, working, and running the errands, she was up all night ironing his :censored: clothes!

:p All in fun, my friend!!

And if it weren't for that woman who reached the point of the hot flashes, there would be no offspring to carry on his family name.

If it weren't for that woman who keeps him well nourished, he'd be sick all the time too.

Neither would she if he hadn't run the tank down the night before saying "Forget the light. This baby can go for miles on this tank of gas..."

That's because she's in charge of running the house, working because his salary alone can not maintain the cost of every new toy he keeps buying, and running all of his freakin' errands too.

Um...that's because after making the meals, working, and running the errands, she was up all night ironing his :censored: clothes!

You are going to fit in just fine!

Post early and post often!

Good to have you aboard!

:hi:

:)
Good stuff babe!

VN Store

Back