'17 MS RB Cam Akers (FSU commit 12/27)

Well it helped that we played a bad offense without their two best players. And they still were able to torch our secondary much more than is acceptable. I THINK WE HAD A FEW OUT TODAY TO, i don't guess that doesn't count's.:eek:lol:

The injuries hurt us this year, no doubt. But even with those injuries, we should have beaten USCe and Vandy. We still had more talent on the field in both of those games.
we should have won.

Can y'all move this chatter to an appropriate thread? Tired of seeing Cam Akers bumped to the top thinking something's going on just to see casual discussion that has absolutely nothing to do with Akers.

Reactions: 6 people
We lost those games. It happens in college football. Just like:

Clemson losing to Pitt
Louisville losing to Houston
Louisville losing to Kentucky
FSU losing to NC
Oklahoma losing to Houston
Okl State losing to Central Michigan
Penn State losing to Pitt
Michigan losing to Iowa
USC losing to Utah
Georgia losing to Vanderbilt
Georgia losing to Ga Tech
Kentucky losing to Sou Miss
LSU losing to Wisconsin
Arkansas losing to Missouri
Miss State losing to South Alabama
Miss State losing to BYU
Ole Miss losing to Vanderbilt

Just to name a few ... expecting a college football team to be up ever weekend is a false narrative.

I feel like some of these posters would make an excellent wife. Look, we lost those games. We shouldn't have. It sucked. It happened. Move on. Get over it. Quit bringing it up every other post because you think it proves some kind of point. Those games are not a direct indication of what will happen tomorrow, or the next day, or next season. As this poster pointed out, it happens a lot during a season.

Reactions: 4 people
I feel like some of these posters would make an excellent wife. Look, we lost those games. We shouldn't have. It sucked. It happened. Move on. Get over it. Quit bringing it up every other post because you think it proves some kind of point. Those games are not a direct indication of what will happen tomorrow, or the next day, or next season. As this poster pointed out, it happens a lot during a season.

so you're saying they are vaginas or pussi es I get it

Reactions: 1 person
OSU has been the second most dominant team statistically this year and their schedule is far superior to Bama's. Would be a war if they play.

LOL.

Still feel this way?

I told you Ohio State and the Big 10 was overrated.

Stop falling for regular season polls. They LIE. Especially when they overvalue the Big 10.

Clemson is due for a fall from grace especially after losing Watson next year.

They'll fall off but only slightly. The ACC is still not as good as the SEC so they have alot of easy wins built in.

They will lose to FSU next year and possibly Louisville. FSU will be stacked and Louisville will be on the road and they were a young team this year.

I got Clemson going 10-2 next year. No playoffs or conference title.

iu

iu

It can certainly be argued that their schedule was as tough or tougher. Saying it was much tougher is not accurate, imo. I do not believe some of those teams are as good as some people do.

iu

ACC: 8-3 (Clempson)

SEC: 5-5 (Florida, Auburn, Alabama)

Sun Belt: 4-2

Conference USA: 4-3

Mountain West: 4-3

Big 12: 3-2 (Oklahoma)

Independents: 2-0

Pac-12: 2-3 (Southern Cal)

Big Ten: 2-6 (Iowa, Wisconsin)

American: 2-5

MAC: 0-5 (Western Michigan)

Per Akers we were 4th on his final list.

Putting aside CBJ, facilities, etc.

secking commented a few weeks back that he was hearing the going rate for Akers was 100K. Given that AtlantaVol has also commented that the money is flowing at unprecedented amounts at UGA since Smart's arrival, and we see how their recruiting class is looking, is it fair to assume that UT just isn't willing to get in these high-priced biding wars for the blue chippers? Thoughts?

Putting aside CBJ, facilities, etc.

secking commented a few weeks back that he was hearing the going rate for Akers was 100K. Given that AtlantaVol has also commented that the money is flowing at unprecedented amounts at UGA since Smart's arrival, and we see how their recruiting class is looking, is it fair to assume that UT just isn't willing to get in these high-priced biding wars for the blue chippers? Thoughts?

Some people have different avenues of making things move. Some more discreet than others. Everyone is playing the game just differently.

There are some on here that don't think that's how it work's but for these so called BLUE CHIP recruit's that how it works off course the coaching staff is not in the middle but your big time booster will make sure JOHNNY SUPERSTAR WILL GET HIS if your school is not doing it then you have no chance.:eek:hmy:

There are some on here that don't think that's how it work's but for these so called BLUE CHIP recruit's that how it works off course the coaching staff is not in the middle but your big time booster will make sure JOHNNY SUPERSTAR WILL GET HIS if your school is not doing it then you have no chance.:eek:hmy:

Terry coming in from the top rope!

toprope.jpg

I have no doubt UT is playing the game as well. I was just curious if UT boosters aren't willing to fork over the large amounts required for consistently being in on blue chip recruits?

I certainly don't want to lower expectations on recruits, but are we setting ourselves up for disappointment year after year if our money people just aren't willing to play the game at the same level as others?

Yes, I know winning matters and stability matters, but money definitely matters as well, whether people want to admit it or not. JMO

It seems to me that Volquest is slipping Big with their news and reporting. It seems 247 gets the better information.

Really? Sounds like UT was mislead altogether. Brice (247) said multiple times that UT was possibly leading for Akers in the week or so prior to his announcement. VQ wasn't the only UT source pumping the good vibes with Akers. Callahan was much more reserved, but that's just him. Whether he actually knew something or not, I don't know.

VN Store

Back