'17 MS RB Cam Akers (FSU commit 12/27)

When was the last time we beat Florida?

Nebraska was again a good bowl win. And I understand what you're saying, beating FL was great and super impressive at the time. Losing to not one but two horrible teams offset that win a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Disagree. We beat FL and VA tech but lost to TWO 6-7 teams. It's a wash.

It is a wash, unless you take the injury plague into account. There is no way in hell we lose to Vandy and SC with the team from the beginning of the year. We would have finished 10-2 and gotten beat in the SEC championship. Probably would win the Sugar.

Reactions: 2 people
It is a wash, unless you take the injury plague into account. There is no way in hell we lose to Vandy and SC with the team from the beginning of the year. We would have finished 10-2 and gotten beat in the SEC championship. Probably would win the Sugar.

The way we played today, we would have given a great game at the Sugar Bowl imo

Time for some big time staff additions and hopefully, hopefully, a strong recruiting finish! And let's get JG ready to takeover!

Well what else are you talking about? Coaches?

If there is more talent now than there was in the mid-2000s, then how could you claim the SEC is down?

I would say talent is more dispersed now. Back then you had Florida and LSU getting top 10 recruiting classes. Then Alabama joined the fray. This made the conference look good cause it was more top heavy like the Big 10 today. However now you have 5 or 6 SEC teams landing top 10 recruiting classes every year. Even marginal programs like Ole Miss are now taking 5 star players almost every year.

Alabama has been able to stay ahead but the rest of the SEC's top teams are just beating each other up.

The SEC is more talented today than its ever been. The NFL draft and recruiting rankings attest to that.
Teams. Actual football teams. A collective unit of players and coaches.

Man you got to just admit that injury did us in. It is not an excuse, it is the reason. This team just beat another good team soundly. They just got a little healthier...and that is all.

Well it helped that we played a bad offense without their two best players. And they still were able to torch our secondary much more than is acceptable.

The injuries hurt us this year, no doubt. But even with those injuries, we should have beaten USCe and Vandy. We still had more talent on the field in both of those games.

Well it helped that we played a bad offense without their two best players. And they still were able to torch our secondary much more than is acceptable.

The injuries hurt us this year, no doubt. But even with those injuries, we should have beaten USCe and Vandy. We still had more talent on the field in both of those games.

So what is it? Injuries are an excuse like you made for Nebraska or they aren't with regards to us?

Reactions: 8 people
So what is it? Injuries are an excuse like you made for Nebraska or they aren't with regards to us?

Either you couldn't comprehend what I wrote or you're purposefully creating a straw man to knock down. Either way, I suggest you goo back and try re-reading my post a few times. I said Nebraska had a bad offense to begin with.

I thought the defense looked much better overall yesterday, but they were playing the worst offense they've seen since TTU. It was an encouraging step forward. However even with their two best players, Nebraska's offense wasn't a good one this year. Being without their starting QB and all time leading WR just made them worse. Even with them at full strength, we should win that battle.

Furthermore, Nebraska's injuries in this game have nothing to do with our games against USCe and Vandy. The situations were completely different. Nebraska was already outgunned before their injuries. Against USCe and Vandy, we had the more talented team even with our injuries.

Context is important.

Either you couldn't comprehend what I wrote or you're purposefully creating a straw man to knock down. Either way, I suggest you goo back and try re-reading my post a few times. I said Nebraska had a bad offense to begin with.

I thought the defense looked much better overall yesterday, but they were playing the worst offense they've seen since TTU. It was an encouraging step forward. However even with their two best players, Nebraska's offense wasn't a good one this year. Being without their starting QB and all time leading WR just made them worse. Even with them at full strength, we should win that battle.

Furthermore, Nebraska's injuries in this game have nothing to do with our games against USCe and Vandy. The situations were completely different. Nebraska was already outgunned before their injuries. Against USCe and Vandy, we had the more talented team even with our injuries.

Context is important.

I know. Whatever allows you to keep banging that USCe and VU drum. Keep banging man!

I know. Whatever allows you to keep banging that USCe and VU drum. Keep banging man!

I didn't bring it up, dude. I really wanna let it go and stop talking about it.

But if people keep apologizing for both of those games and acting like those losses were unavoidable and excusable, I'm gonna call them out. That's a false narrative.

But if people keep apologizing for both of those games and acting like those losses were unavoidable and excusable, I'm gonna call them out. That's a false narrative.

It sucked we lost to them. I was upset with both of them. That's football. No one is perfect except Alabama (hopefully not today).

I just think you should move on but you can keep banging if you want.

It sucked we lost to them. I was upset with both of them. That's football. No one is perfect except Alabama (hopefully not today).

I just think you should move on but you can keep banging if you want.

😂😂😂

Loving the irony of this coming from you.

Quit excusing those games and accept them for what they are and I won't have to call you out and neither of us will have to think about them lol

Edit: you might need this

https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=irony&rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS591US591&oq=itony&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.2121j0j8&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

They were missing their offensive players and we were missing our entire starting interior DL. So injuries cancel each other out.

I hate to say this but Vandy beat Georgia who we had a hail mary against with a team that still had DL. Yes, we should've beat Georgia by more but did not with some bad breaks. Vandy was better than us by the end of the year without our guys healthy. If we played them yesterday, we would've killed them but at the time we played them, they were not that much worse than we were all things considered. We should've won by more yesterday. We were in total control but let some opportunities slip away when we moved inside their 40. Players got up to speed on the D with extra practices but having guys get healthy was a tremendous part of it. USC was different. No way we should've loss to that team and Vandy was better than them. The Vandy game was a concern with where our D was to anyone who understood football and what had transpired this season. We had to outscore them and did not.

I hate to say this but Vandy beat Georgia who we had a hail mary against with a team that still had DL. Yes, we should've beat Georgia by more but did not with some bad breaks. Vandy was better than us by the end of the year without our guys healthy. If we played them yesterday, we would've killed them but at the time we played them, they were not that much worse than we were all things considered. We should've won by more yesterday. We were in total control but let some opportunities slip away when we moved inside their 40. Players got up to speed on the D with extra practices but having guys get healthy was a tremendous part of it. USC was different. No way we should've loss to that team and Vandy was better than them. The Vandy game was a concern with where our D was to anyone who understood football and what had transpired this season. We had to outscore them and did not.
Even with our injuries, no excuse for making the VU QB look like Tom Brady out there. If they had just pounded us into submission running the ball, I might feel differently.

But there's simply no excuse for giving up 416 passing yards to a QB MTSU held under 200 and who had never previously eclipsed 280 yards passing.

Look, if we'd just dropped one of those games, I'd be fine shrugging my shoulders and chalking it all up to injuries. But losing both is indicative of coaching failure at some level or another. Good coaching doesn't lose those games.

We lost those games. It happens in college football. Just like:

Clemson losing to Pitt
Louisville losing to Houston
Louisville losing to Kentucky
FSU losing to NC
Oklahoma losing to Houston
Okl State losing to Central Michigan
Penn State losing to Pitt
Michigan losing to Iowa
USC losing to Utah
Georgia losing to Vanderbilt
Georgia losing to Ga Tech
Kentucky losing to Sou Miss
LSU losing to Wisconsin
Arkansas losing to Missouri
Miss State losing to South Alabama
Miss State losing to BYU
Ole Miss losing to Vanderbilt

Just to name a few ... expecting a college football team to be up ever weekend is a false narrative.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back