Deandre Johnson committed!

snapcracklepop

Boom!

Defensive end Deandre Johnson (Miami/Southridge) just committed to Tennessee, as first-reported by 247Sports.

Johnson just got off the phone with Volunteers coach Butch Jones and informed him of his intentions.

Johnson, an early enrollee, officially visited Tennessee November 11.

"Being there I felt comfortable," Johnson said. "The people are great and I'm a fit there."

Johnson later confirmed the commit via Twitter.

The three-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 41 weakside defensive end and the No. 103 prospect in Florida in the 2017 class by 247SportsComposite.

As a senior, Johnson (6-4, 245) racked up 15 sacks helping Southridge to the 8-A state championship.

"I'm going to bring some fire and some swag," Johnson said. "I'm going to work my butt off and get better and better."

Johnson originally verbally committed to Mississippi State July 31. He de-committed from the Bulldogs, also first-reported by 247Sports, Sunday.

Johnson has been leaning to the Volunteers for a while.

"They've known I was coming for about two weeks," he said.

Sunday night Tennessee defensive line coach Steve Stripling and defensive coordinator Bob Shoop did an in-home visit with Johnson right before the dead period started.

Johnson is the 26th verbal commit in the 2017 class for Tennessee.

Last edited:
Reactions: 26 people
Looks like a great player. Our d line is loaded on the edges now we need some big DT'S

With every DE commitment, I'm starting to think we are going to see more than just Kongbo moving inside. Maybe Shoop favors athletic/quicker DTs vs the space eater types like Mac?

Reactions: 4 people
It's interesting that the recruitment of Johnson had stopped following his commitment to MSU. Then Stripling watched one of his games and everything changed. I would say that since his visit to camp, he has developed a lot. Good for him. If he caught Stripling eye so quickly, it might be safe to say that he more of a 4* talent now. Plus he is an EE. Like icing on the cake!!!!!

Reactions: 7 people
What do I need to know about him? VN has made me become numb when I see 3*.

According to 247sports Auburn offered, but Miami, Florida and FSU did not offer. Why? His highlights show that he has potential, and also shows that 6 of his sacks...no one even touched him.

Reactions: 1 person
We're hogging all the 3* recruits.

Bold strategy Cotton.

post-28652-thats-a-bold-strategy-cotton-g-g2uB.gif

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back