Memphis Guard Andre Allen suspended for Drugs

TheTennesseeTom

Thread Killer
Memphis guard Andre Allen was suspended and will not play the rest of the season due to a failed drug test. He was one of 4 players randomly tested and he failed.

Haven't heard about the other three. Who are they? Never mind, guess the other three didn't fail the test.

I seriously can't believe he was the only one. If 4 guys on most college teams were randomly tested I'd say more than one would fail.

He was the only one to fail so the rest of the names will not be released. Calipari said he has a slim chance at playing if the Tigers win Sat, in the NC game.

RC Johnson said there is no chance.

He was the only one to fail so the rest of the names will not be released. Calipari said he has a slim chance at playing if the Tigers win Sat, in the NC game.

RC Johnson said there is no chance.
Well, that settles that.

That would be a real disappointment not to play in the FF.

That sucks for him, but you can't smoke on scholly dog.

If it was Rose I think Memphis would be in trouble but they will be ok

1) D Rose isn't that stupid
2) I think this will hurt more than some people think. He was a big energy guy and ran the point well while giving Rose a rest. Also his pesky defense will be missed.

1) Also his pesky defense will be missed.

Yep, he is good with the defense. He gets right up in the opposing player's business. He also uses his hands to swat at the ball, almost like he was slapping some no good .... errmmm ... well, you know. :p

1) D Rose isn't that stupid
2) I think this will hurt more than some people think. He was a big energy guy and ran the point well while giving Rose a rest. Also his pesky defense will be missed.
na...Allen was more of a liability on the court, they'll be fine.

Going from having two point guards to one on the final weekend of the season is never a good thing. And could pan out to be a very bad thing.

I wondered how he stayed kept that belly playing for Calipari. He was on a constant munchie trip.

Memphis will be fine though. Allen has always been just a relief player. He was good for 10-14 minutes a game about 3-5 points and provide a rest for Rose.

na...Allen was more of a liability on the court, they'll be fine.

:no: Allen is a very good defensive guard if the other team has a quick point guard ,and also very good relief handling the press . He sucks on the free throw line and isn't very good on average from three point line , but there have been some games where he hit some really big shots for the tigers !! He will be missed alot more than you think but if Kemp steps up and Anderson gives them a little relief bringing the ball up they should be okay.

Andre:nono: blunt

Supposedly it wasn't the wacky tabacky that got him. He was at his Aunt's house and his leg was really hurting him, so his Aunt gave him some kind of (prescription) painkiller. It showed up on the test, he couldn't provide a prescription for it, therefore it is considered a failed drug test.

This just adds to the "thuggish" image of Tiger High. :birgits_giggle:

Too bad for Andre though, he's a solid player.

VN Store

Back