Who does Butch hire to beat bama?

Well, logically, at this point Butch would be hired as the AD, fire himself as football coach, and hire Herman or Petrino. Then he steps aside as AD because of his love of all things Tennessee.

Reactions: 1 person
Only one man can beat Bama, Peyton.

Deboard is NOT ever going to beat Bama. He stinks. He has to come from behind in any win cause he can't get ahead and stay ahead. App state, Ohio, struggles. Run run pass punt. And that pass will probably be for 4 yards on 3rd and 15.

Also, Dobbs doesn't look at his options. He looks at one person and passes it. Doesn't matter who is open. O line doesn't give him enough time, but hey pass the ball north and south. That one back shoulder in the 1st quarter to Jennings was obvious interference, not called. It was the only pass over 10-15 yards attempted by Dobbs all game.

Lastly, why haven't the Berry twins been on the field till today? Only special teams. They are now Jrs. Play makers need to be on the field. This is embarrassing once again.

Reactions: 3 people
Lastly, why haven't the Berry twins been on the field till today? Only special teams. They are now Jrs. Play makers need to be on the field. This is embarrassing once again.

They've been backups their entire careers. There's a reason

You've gotta be kidding. Bob Shoop's defense has given up 390 yards rushing with 12 minutes left in the 4th....and it's a trend we've seen all year, as our defense has gotten worse in every single category....but you're starting a thread about replacing an OC that called a game last week that led to nearly 700 yards offense, at the same time our defense was giving up 600 yards and 45 points. Alrighty then.

It's not the scheme, it's the attrition and who he has to utilize. Could a HS team win a College National title with Saban and his staff coaching? No. The talent after the starters is atrocious. A bottomless pit type of drop off.

when you think about it- all those bad outings like Appy State, Ohio, needed a miracle to beat a bad Georgia team, we are who we have played like we are all year- that is - good for the SEC east,which aint saying that much. Losing 3 of out top 4 def guys didnt help- I will admit that. We wont ever beat Saban- our best hope is that he quits or goes back to the NFL. Otherwise, no freaking way. If we have 3 first round picks ( Ole Miss) and a qb who knows how to throw the med and long pass ( Kelly) then MAYBE. If we play them again in the Ga Dome this year- it wont be pretty.

Last edited:
No one he is scared they take his job. I hope and pray Peyton one day desires to coach and starts as a QB coach then head coach at UT lol that would be awesome he is great at everything he does he could be a great Ball coach IMO

They've been backups their entire careers. There's a reason

And what reason is that? Oh, they aren't starters. No crap! But They are obvious play makers get them on the field.

You have seen Berry shake tackles and Ell B. hit hard. It is really a shame. I have heard excuses for people like Dooley from people like you too so take it somewhere else, I'm over the excuses.

Art Briles is still ungainfully unemployed.
Getting back into the college game as our OC for a season or two would be a good first step on his road to redemption.

Last edited:
We were pretty close last year while healthy. Seriously. The injuries of those key players make that much of a difference. Alabama doesn't even have half the offense if Sutton, JRM, and Kirkland are out there. Let's be real here.

And what reason is that? Oh, they aren't starters. No crap! But They are obvious play makers get them on the field.

You have seen Berry shake tackles and Ell B. hit hard. It is really a shame. I have heard excuses for people like Dooley from people like you too so take it somewhere else, I'm over the excuses.
The Berry that plays LB is terrible. I watch him many plays and he is lost out there.

How many have in the past 6 years? Serious question.

That's fair so I'll give you a serious answer:
Ole Miss
A&M

Also, we just got our butts handed to us beaten by 39 points. We also won the turnover battle this game I believe.

Play calls were spineless. Butch knows what he has to do.

Peyton for OC

VN Store

Back