Danny O"Brien dismissed from team

Not sure what testing would be done when evaluating a potential spine injury that would show a controlled substance in the blood. It's not like every time that you go into a hospital they do a routine toxicology screen on you.

They would not have tested for it Saturday,

unless everyone coming into ERs nowadays get tested.

And if that is now legal, you might know better than I.

I would not doubt that it would be a standard for ruling out any other causes or prior to administering any other medications.

It is not standard procedure to drug test everyone, but with potential symptoms, would be possible reason to test. Or to make sure no drugs on board prior to administering anything else that might interact.

Reactions: 2 people
Speculating but the players likely sign consent forms that allow TN to run tests any time they receive medical treatment relating to their play with the team.

So its literally no different than HS? When I was in school you got no warning when it was your time it was your time. Drugs or not.

Wait until it's legalized nation wide.

It's already been legalized in multiple states, plenty of a large enough sample size to make logical statistical inference.

So far, no statistics show an "increase" in the amount of hard drug use or deaths due to marijuana legalization.

Portugal decriminalized every drug under the sun about a decade ago and they've actually seen a decrease in hard drug used, teen suicide, STD's, and violent crimes

Reactions: 3 people
Because it's a dangerous drug and a gateway drug. I grew in Colorado and I've seen what is does to people.

People still believe this crap?

Look, it isn't GOOD for you as it's obviously inhaling a carcinogen and affects your motivation, but let's not pretend like it kills people on the scale that alcohol and tobacco do. I'd ban those 2 before I'd ban marijuana

Equating someone smoking a non-addictive plant with a violent felon is ridiculous

Reactions: 4 people
Wait until it's legalized nation wide.

Are you saying it's going to kill people when it's legalized nationwide? Based on context clues that's what you're saying and makes ZERO sense.

The worst thing that could possibly happen if you smoke too much weed is that you'll fall asleep when you have something you need to take care of.

Reactions: 3 people
People still believe this crap?

Look, it isn't GOOD for you as it's obviously inhaling a carcinogen and affects your motivation, but let's not pretend like it kills people on the scale that alcohol and tobacco do. I'd ban those 2 before I'd ban marijuana

I never said those were not bad, they are but if marajuna is legalized on a national level, it will drink and tobacco

It's already been legalized in multiple states, plenty of a large enough sample size to make logical statistical inference.

So far, no statistics show an "increase" in the amount of hard drug use or deaths due to marijuana legalization.

Portugal decriminalized every drug under the sun about a decade ago and they've actually seen a decrease in hard drug used, teen suicide, STD's, and violent crimes

Attachments

• 12814716_1583767635277532_2343462380426025222_n.jpg
    12814716_1583767635277532_2343462380426025222_n.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: 10 people
If the hospital told UT he failed a drug test, would that be a HIPAA violation?

If it did come from that, I would say that it is due to insurance. When you are provided insurance (either Workers' Comp or some type of university insurance), your test results are not your own.

These guys take a beating every day and are expected to deal with it using a couple of advil. He knew the risk and will have to deal with the punishment but it's ridiculous to still operate this way

Reactions: 6 people
I bet it's worse than weed. Probably an upper to help get him jacked up for the game. I have to admit he has played like his hair is on fire lol

VN Store

Back